Susie's 2022 campaign

Oh my they sound amazing!!!

I think for menus I'll keep things simple, and I'm not going as low carb as Atkins induction, probably stick to about 50g a day. I know it will take longer to get into ketosis but it's really just about doing it sensibly like Tipp, cutting back on bread, pasta, flour, etc, and sugar, and hopefully notice an improvement in mobility.

Just got great news, another friend is coming up to stay tomorrow for the weekend, it's all go here at Hotel Felsham :D.

Apparently ketosis starts for many people below 100g or 50g. Yoh can see that how WW and SW get results. 20g is the level at which almost everyone gets results - so that's why it's the usual.

You'll do grand on 50g carbs. Great to share thus journey to slinkiness with you!

Morning all

Thanks to an impromptu but very welcome visit by a London mate over the weekend, I've decided to get rid of all the carby stuff this week and kick things off properly on Friday. I just hate wasting food and I'm also fed up with giving stuff away, so will save a little bit of dosh, use things like granola etc, up this week, and it gives me time to make up lots of eggy breakfasts and so on for next week. I'm also going to try the Fathead dough - these look amazing! https://www.wholesomeyum.com/recipe...-almond-flour-keto-gluten-free-5-ingredients/

Sounds like a good plan and once the carbs that you don’t want next week are gone then there’s much less temptation in the house. I find having naughty things in doors makes the journey much harder x

Yes me too - and I've changed plans that often I just keep throwing stuff in the bin, which is such a waste.

So there will be a few pasta meals this week lol!

It makes sense to use up what you've got rather than feeling bad for wasting food! I also like your idea for simple menus. I find the more complicated/extravagant the less likely I am to cook what I've planned.

That bagel recipe looks great. I like the fathead dough recipe.

Glad you have a plan.

Morning all

Fell into the "can't be bothered in the least to cook, pizza sounds good" thing last night - and it was very yummy, but then I got the most awful headache and had to go to bed at 8pm! Not sure if it was coincidence or the food. Anyhoo, pizza leftovers for breakfast - so very wrong and yet so right.

Doing my big shop today, for delivery Thursday - and thanks El for the reminder that simple to start with is best, I'd added a load of items for recipes that I'll never make :classic_roll_eyes:. The Tom Kerridge book arrived last night and it's the same thing - lots of quite complicated recipes that are nice to look at but which I won't do. Oh well...

Although, having said that, I've been having a good browse through the Diet Doctor recipes, which are all rated, and putting together a menu plan for the week, which is looking like this - all easy recipes!

Friday B - omelette / L - chorizo with steamed cabbage / D - pesto chicken casserole
Sat B Cauli hash browns and a fried egg / L - sausage and cabbage gratin / D - keto meat pie
Sun B - egg and bacon + hash browns / Spinach and goats cheese pie / D - Philly cheesesteak casserole
Mon B - Pancakes with no carb syrup / L - butter chicken with cauli rice / pork with roast fennel

Sounds nice, eh? The idea is to make enough so there's the same meals in the freezer for the following week.

Last edited:
Are you able to link or post the recipe for the spinach and goats cheese pie.

Will read that about the cholesterol, ive decided to finish this prescription and not get anymore

Phew what a day. Terrible on the food front, not even going to go there, and am sat with a glass of wine after a flat out day at work.

Good news on the house front though, the broker thinks we could exchange in less than four weeks. Doesn't mean I'll get a quick move in date though, will just have to see. But should almost definitely be in before December woohoo!

So all invited to your house for christmas so susie??? 😜

That spinach pie looks great, and i could use that pie crust as a quiche base too

Back