Susie's 2022 campaign

That'd be heaven after a long day! And the money you'd save for the furniture too! I really REALLY hoep it happens soon for you lovely :)

That was when they were puppies, no more than a year old. Can't believe they're 6 now! They still curl up together like that and sleep, you can't seperate them, they go mental without the other there. The larger black/blonde is Louie and the smaller hairier black and tan one is Molly :) (Sorry Stacks!)

Wow that house looks beautiful Susie, and only €80k. And Orbit is gorgeous, what a cutie! I used to have a male tabby named Wulfie, but he didn't have any white. Now I'm a mad guinea pig lady, lol. :D

Kym, your dogs are beautiful too! I grew up with dogs, and hubby had two as well when we met - he'd love another one, but like Stack says, it's difficult with us both working full time. :) xx

Orbit is sooo cute & loving the Italian pad. How about a WEMITT meet there?! :party0011:

What a fab idea! :D :D All welcome!

I had a good catch up with my brother this morning - he reckons the NZ house might only take 6 months to sell, which would be amazeballs!

Forgot to say, during the chat this morning my brother said he is going back on low carb so to make things easier I said I'd join him so we are eating the same stuff when I go home to NZ - and then I remembered about the Atkins flu so will start Monday to get any induction ick over and done with before I fly out :)

I have really enjoyed calorie counting overall but there's no stop button for me with carbs, especially bread - especially toast! I had SIX slices last night, just couldn't stop myself, and today I'm REALLY bloated and got no energy - am yawning my head off and it's only 3pm...and I know low carb eating will help sort that out - plus there are lots of really nice sounding low carb bread out there, either to make or buy.

When I did l/c four years ago I lost 2 stone no worries - where I fell down was lack of preparation (my old friend) - so I will just have to get more organised on the weekends - and now of course I have my lovely new big kitchen to work in - so no excuses!

Oooh so starting the new year in Italy.... :) that'd be great! :)

Hopefully the new take will work :) I agree about bread, I love it too but it doesn't love me, I bloat right up and gfeel full for ages afterwards. It's only white bread though, I mostly avoid brown bread when we have it in - it seems to work!

yes im like you susie i like bread thats my fall down x x :D

Bread bread bread bread bread bread bread bread bread bread bread :drool: God I love bread. Wish I was intolerant to it sometimes! But the bloating I get from bread is from the sheer volume I've just inhaled :D

LOL. Well ladies, in true Felsham fashion, I've changed my mind again....I think....:eek:

I was chatting last night with a mate who reminded me how £££ low carb eating was the last time I did it. She also unflinchingly reminded me that last time I promised I would get more organised - but didn't.

She wants to join SW but do it online (she goes travelling a lot) and I thought, why not give it a go for three months with her, and then I can do weigh ins from NZ, etc - plus it's free membership at the moment. You are also allowed bread but have to limit it - so that might help me curb my enthusiasm for the stuff!

LOL. Well ladies, in true Felsham fashion, I've changed my mind again....I think....:eek:

I was chatting last night with a mate who reminded me how £££ low carb eating was the last time I did it. She also unflinchingly reminded me that last time I promised I would get more organised - but didn't.

She wants to join SW but do it online (she goes travelling a lot) and I thought, why not give it a go for three months with her, and then I can do weigh ins from NZ, etc - plus it's free membership at the moment. You are also allowed bread but have to limit it - so that might help me curb my enthusiasm for the stuff!

SW is good. I'd be following it's main principles if I didn't live with the fussiest eater in the entire world ever! You pretty much have to cook from scratch though (ready meals/jars/sauces etc... are incredibly high in syns).

Following a set plan with set rules might be exactly what you're after. And you could always follow Red days if you wanted to limit your carb intake!

It's all about testing and trying to find out what works for you - keep going hun :) xx

I loved SW when I did it. Definitely helped me limit my bread intake, and I've managed to keep it limited now that I'm just counting calories. SW made it a habit, I guess. I did the online membership as well, since I didn't fancy being weighed in front of a group of strangers!

The recipes on the website and in the magazine are pretty good, too. Hope it works well for you! Good luck with it! xx

Thanks guys!

And thanks Space Princess, that's really encouraging to hear. I do need to set limits on myself or I go wildly off course...was there anything about doing it online that you didn't like? And can you buy the free branded books and recipe books online too?

Got a short day of interviewing for my graduate intern today - had shortlisted six and three pulled out! :eek:

Oh and weighed in and lost 2lbs, so that's something i guess.

Thanks guys!

And thanks Space Princess, that's really encouraging to hear. I do need to set limits on myself or I go wildly off course...was there anything about doing it online that you didn't like? And can you buy the free branded books and recipe books online too?

Got a short day of interviewing for my graduate intern today - had shortlisted six and three pulled out! :eek:

Oh and weighed in and lost 2lbs, so that's something i guess.

Awesome loss! You should be celebrating this.

I liked doing it online - although the technology wasn't great when I was doing it. I can't remember if you could buy the books online. I think there was a shop. But they're all on e-Bay anywho! Especially like the introductory pack with the main book in.

We had that for the interviewing we just did at my work. Shortlisted 6, 2 didn't want interviews, 2 then pulled out. :eek:

do you know its like no one wants a job

well done on the 2lb loss susie x x x

I liked doing it online, but yeah, the technology wasn't great. They have everything available to print, so that's what I did! I printed out the healthy extras list, the food diary, etc. There are books available to buy online, yep. I got myself a handy book of low syn branded snacks, branded free foods, and a few recipe books.

I hated the online syn checker (especially on mobile) and food diary. But overall, definitely worth doing since it helped me change my worst habits.Oh, also, my advice would be to definitely weigh healthy extras and syns. It's tedious, but if you're like me you'll end up with twice as much if you try to estimate. ;)

Well done on the 2 lb loss! That's awesome. :)

Last edited:
Thanks my lovelies - uber helpful as always! :) I think I'll do it on Sunday after a little cupboard clearout - but at least you don't have to buy lots of special food like low carb!

Chezz - would you believe, the first candidate didn't even show up! Done one - she wasn't suitable; got one to go.

Also having fun today planning day trips when I'm in Cairo - I am SO excited, I've been dreaming of this trip for many years :)

Fingers crossed the other is suitable! (hopefully you get the rest of the day off because the others aren't coming in ;) - wishful thinking I know!)

Well done on your loss love :D

Well done on your loss.

Hope the second one is better.

I am jealous of your trip to cairo :)

I do slimming world online, you can buy some of the books online hun xxx

Back