Susie's 2022 campaign

Evening all - sorry for the radio silence, not been in a good place with a few things going on, including leaky legs - little watery ulcers which have opened up all over my lower legs, not painful, just messy. It's to do with venous insufficiency, which I let go and go and did nothing about, so it's all my own fault.

Add in to the mix that one of the cats has cystitis back again, which is also messy - a low note was her peeing on me in bed twice last night - so the house stinks of cat wee, I haven't been able to do any housework because of the breathlessness and it's all a tip - which always upsets me - and I've got legs which are perpetually wet.

Lovely.

Anyhoo, foodwise, I'm doing about 1500 cals a day - just trying to keep it simple, there's too much else going on! The GP is calling on Monday about the RLS, so will ask for a consult re the leaky legs - poor man, every time we speak there's some new problem! Still, it could be worse...xxx

Oh hun, I’m so sorry. Things may feel like they are piling up but you’re dealing with all of this so well. You are getting things sorted, you and the cat just take time to heal. Brilliant job on sticking to your calories, simple is best when you’ve got other stuff to deal with. I’m like that with the doctor, when I call I have a list to get through every time lol.

You take care sweetie x

So sorry to hear that you aren't feeling so well Susie. And it must seem such bad timing for your cat to be poorly at the same time! I agree with Charlotte that you are dealing with this really well. Don't put yourself down. You and the cat will get better. It's great you sticking to your calories. Remember to try and drink lots of water/low cal fluid if possible, well I find it helps me stay on the straight and narrow, also I am not sure if you are losing a bit more fluid from those little running ulcers. Take good care of yourself xxx

Susie! What a time of it you're having! I've just caught up with the last month and you've had an awful time. I'm just glad that the Drs are doing a great job of helping you get better. I love they suggested the Med diet for you. Once all your issues are sorted/being managed, I bet you won't know yourself and there will be nothing stopping you :)

Is that poor Stella with the cystitis again? Hope it clears up soon!

Is that poor Stella with the cystitis again? Hope it clears up soon!

Hello lovely - yes it's Stella, poor thing, but she has special biscuits and relaxing powder for it so is slowly on the mend.

And thanks to you all - you made me realise how important it is not to throw all the problems in one big sack and be overwhelmed as a result. Much better to divide and conquer - take each problem and find a solution, then it's much more manageable.

Just had a lush brunch - 1 SW burger pattie, 2 Asda light sossies, 2 eggs and 10 sprays of olive oil = 600 cals - and worth it, really delish! Should keep me going until dinner time :). Got lots of veg to use up, as per usual, so might try chucking it in my new Actifry (partly bought with the money saved from giving up smoking - over 3 weeks now).

Have a good one xxx.

That sounds delicious.

I'm starving and haven't had anything other than black coffee and water so far. Time to raid the cupboards and sort out some lunch.

Woohoo! 3 weeks is fantastic 💃🏻😃💃🏻 You’re doing so well. Hopefully you’ll turn into an anti smoker like me lol, I’ve not had one since I gave up over 13 years ago and I can’t stand the smell x

Morning all

Had the afternoon in hospital for the pre-assessment for Thursday, the big zap day - and then all fingers scrossed that we return to some sort of normal!

Foodwise, am doing ok - lost 5lbs in my first week. I'm just applying the KISS principle and making it as uncomplicated as possible. Scales are jumping around a bit on the daily WI, they are back up by 3lbs this morning but hopefully will even out by the end of the week. I'm also going to be taking water tablets for the horrible leaky legs, so that'll produce a big whooshie!

Found a fab app called Lose it! which I like a lot better than MFP for logging food, etc, will work out cals at the end of the day.

B - omelette and coffee
L - veg tray bake
D - as above but with chopped toms as sauce

Have a lovely day all xxx

Hope so Dolly, I've just hung washing on an internal airer and got so breathless, I hung one item up then - because the poor old ticker is having to work so hard to get blood round the body - I had to sit down and recover for 5 minutes. But if I hadn't had the breathlessness in the first place I wouldn't have known about the heart rate and could have headed straight for a stroke eeek! So, roll on Thursday night!

Also can't wait for treatment on the leaky leg because I'm gushing water all the time from them, my slippers are sopping wet and I'm leaving trails all over the floor - sorry, completely gross I know, but I felt like sharing :D. I just can't find anything absorbent enough to last longer than a couple of hours that I can put on ok. A downside of a big tummy is not being able to reach round my calves, so couldn't manage anything like bandages that need clipping - some people even use sanitary pads!

No, my neighbour is bringing me home and staying with me for some of the night, and then she's only next door if i need her. She really is being amazing. Oooh I also got more lovely flowers, from friends in Oz this time.

Seriously, the shortness of breath is terrifying, it's stopping me from doing almost everything, but the signs are all good that the cardioversion thing will fix it, and then i can get in the kitchen and make proper healthy food, instead of ready meals! And today didn't go at all to plan - it was all potatoes and bread and a bit of cheese oops, well under cals but not exactly plant based!

The doc rang and said I can get bandages on prescription so I won't have to pay for them (while I'm out of work), which is good because I can get through a box of 25 large ones in two days, costing £10! I also bought more slippers, just the cheap men's memory foam ones, so i now have four pairs - so there will always be a dry clean pair available.

So one way or another everything will get fixed or be better managed. Still find it strange that loads of things have gone wrong at once.

Last edited:
Back