Susie's 2022 campaign

Yes they all seem to follow slightly different instructions! The head nurse came today and there's a plan in place to do less home visits because of COVID and vaccines, but it won't be straight away - and in the meantime i need to get the shortness of breath under control, so i've got my mobility back. i remember when i lost my appetite after hospital and lost 20lbs, and the breathlessness stopped then - so i need to throw everything at losing weight and getting the breathing better, because it's really depressing me.

I've been on a big pity party 'eat all the cr*p in the world' diet for the last two months, and it has to stop! Chocolate and cookies are going to the neighbour; and i think I'll do SW/med diet from home, try and get a stone or two off quickly.

I think I must of been with you at the party.
I can be good for a week then it just falls apart.

How are you doing now?

I'm going to start tomorrow. Christmas only 8 weeks away and that will be another year that has passed by if I don't get on it now.
Hitting 60 next year so would like to be fit and stay fit for a few years.:)

Hitting 60 next year so would like to be fit and stay fit for a few years.:)

Me too! We can aim to lose a certain amount for then eh? :)

I'm still chewing my way through food in the fridge and freezer but aiming to start properly on the weekend - I need to get a shop done, there isn't a single vegetable in my fridge! :classic_eek:

Is today the day for you or are you starting tomorrow 1st November?

I don't keep much in my freezer(only got a small one) but if we go into lockdown again this coming week I will have to do a big shop..
I do Morrisons or Tesco Click and Collect so 1/ I don't have to go into a shop and 2/ I'm not going to be tempted buying things I don't need but are on offer..
Need to get some root veg and do a chunky soup to last a couple of days.

@tipperary you going to join us in the 8 week be good 'diet'?

Hello Team Lovely

Been all over the place lately with food - just been so unbelievably busy with my new work contract, I'm running a big 6 location radio day on Wednesday, so it's been manic - hoping that things will settle down a bit after that and I can sort out what plan I want to follow. I just feel so indecisive - one day I want to do low carb, the nerxt SW, the next the Med Diet and then some days I think about Exante.

Part of the problem is that the meds make me feel quite queasy, so I'm not eating at regular times, and thinking about food turns me right off - except for my old nemesis bread!

It's hard trying to figure out the best plan and stick to it.

I swear by Exante, I'm down almost 6st since mid April so it's defo worked for me.

Good luck with your planning for the radio day.

Morning all - it's half six and i've been up for a while listening to TalkSport radio, which is broadcasting from six Fareshare warehouses today to highlight people in need - this is my current bigh project and touch wood, it's all going well so far! :)

Not so good was the visit to the heart consultant yesterday, the cardioversion has failed, the irregular heartbeat is back and it's pretty much all down to my weight - so i'm trying to see it as positively as i can, and get my a**e into gear! The consultant knows i'm committed to it, 81 days without ciggies or alcohol, down to 1 coffee a day from 4, etc - so I've got three months to lose some weight before my next appointment. i have 2 stone in my head and it's totally achieveable.

I've also decided that i'll do CCing with a Med diet AND low carb edge and fasting - after much dithering, I think it's the most sustainable long term. Going to stick to yog, fruit. nuits for B, or bacon and eggs. Lunches will be soups and salads/roasted veg, and dinners will vary but feature lots of veg and a little protein. No potatoes or rice, very little bread or pasta, and a nice ice cream treat (Halo is on special £3.50 at Morrisons) in the evening. No biscuits or cakes either!

I have got this!!!!

Oh hon that's not the best news.

I read somewhere the other day that the Med diet is supposed to be the best there is, I'm gonna give this a go when I get to maintaining my weight in the new year.

Glad to hear the big project is going well.

Sorry it wasn't good news yesterday.:(

You can easily lose 2 stone in 3 months. The key is to plan and buy only what you need.
I've eaten pasta and bread this week and feel it today so no more of those for me. I'm going back to rice, chicken, fish and veg.
This last week I have had breakfast which I don't normally do so that is stopping from today...

Cold weather is here so make some veg soups so you have something to hand. What about setting aside 2 hours on a Sunday to make some meals for the week. That way you know what you are having and easy to warm up in the microwave.

Thanks ladies appreciate your support :)

I ended up doing a big shop which included some cans of soup - which were surprisingly low cal, so hope they taste nice! also got a load of salad bags and other veg, plus bananas, pears, spinach and ginger for smoothies and yummy greek yog and berries for B with some toasted almond flakes. For dinner I got a few of the Morrisons calorie counted meals, had them before and they are nioce, so just got to make sure I eat some salad or veg with them!

I'm aiming for about 1400 a day or thereabouts, about 400 per meal, cutting out bread and other carby delights, and watching the chocolate intake!

And yesterday went well workwise - we got enough donations for nearly 40,000 meals - and the boss is well pleased with me, so hope he might keep me on for longer :).

Plus I have clean floors woohoo - my neighbour, who is on a very low income, is vacuuming and mopping once a week - so it's great we're able to help each other out.

Thanks Dolly, I am really chuffed - even got a lovely thank you email from the head of TalkSport, he and his family are going to donate all the money they would normally spend on Christmas presents and food, a nice touch (mind you, he probably earns so much anyway!).

I can't even imagine what 40k meals look like. Hope they keep you on for longer. :)

Yesterday I decided to get more veg in me I would roast a big tray of root veg. Then I have no excuse not to eat any and I don't have to peel and cook every day. I threw some in a pan last night to warm them through then threw 2 eggs in and scrambled them. It was very tasty with some bbq sauce over it.

I buy extra Gluten Free when I do a shop and give to the Weston super Mare foodbank. Wish I could give more as there are so many people having to use the foodbank. :)

Afternoon all

Getting a bit brisk out there brrr!

Happy to report a 6lb loss for Week 1 - very happy with that! I've been fasting until midday, then having a big meal for lunch, which keeps me full until dinner, and leaves cals for after dinner treats - and I'm stil losing, so all good. Today was egg and bacon on wholemeal seeded toast; dinner will be Thai chicken curry and steamed mangetout with some salad.

Same lunch tomorrow and that's the bacon gone, then it'll be smoothies and soup with toast for lunch instead.

I don't know, maybe it's my general upbeat state of mind but I really feel like I can follow this as a lifestyle - it's flexible, means I don't have to cut anything out, I'm not hungry and i can have a bit of choc or icecream :D.

Hope you're all well?

Amazing first week loss and you sound so positive.

Thanks Dolly - yep, feel like I'm getting my mojo back yaye! :)

Menu -

L - berry/muesli smoothie with almond milk and spinach 150 / BLT on seeded toast 300 - got half the smoothie left for later - 450
D - the Thai I didn't have last night with mangetout - about 400 / the other half of the smoothie 150 - 550

Leaves 400 in the cal 'bank' :).

Have a good day! xx

Afternoon all

Another good day so far -

L - 2 pieces toast with lettuce, toms and mayo (ran out of bacon eeek!) - 255
D - huge mixed salad and roasted swede/carrot and orange oil 320
S - banana smoothie with peanut butter - 260 / apple - 80 / cup of soup - 90

Total 1015

Back