Susie's 2022 campaign

Morning all!!! The chipper upbeatness continues - it's so wonderful to wake up with a smile, after such an awful year - but I've definitely come through the other side. Really miss my friend but I had a lovely dream about her last night, I just know she would approve 100% of all the positive changes I'm making in my life :)

B - leftover gammon, chips and eggs and coffee - smashing! :) (syns mayo 1/2 tbsp - 1, coffee whitener 1/2 = 1 1/2)
L - ham pieces and salad (mayo 3 tbsp - 1 1/2), yogurt and fruit
D - chilli pesto pasta (pesto 3 tbsp - 9)
S - reduced fat crisps (5)
Syns = 17

Have a lovely day you super bunch! xxxx

hi susie
im so glad to see you this happy and planning your meals in advance its great love x x x

Thank you sweetie - I am loving it - but I guess that is sort of obvious :D

Change to the dinner menu - I put the dishwasher on with my only big saucepan in it oops, so no pasta - had a WW pitta with puree and cheese. But I still feel hungry, might zap some pork in the George :)

least susie you got your george to help you out lol x x x

That's true Chezzie, I love George :D

Morning all! I've been taking 5-HTP tablets to help me relax and sleep at night and i must say i am waking up only once during the night now (loo) and then again about 7am, feeling really refreshed - that, plus no grog and better eating habits, and it's starting to show! A work colleague asked me if I'd lost weight and said I looked the picture of health! :D Knees are sore today though, wonder if it's the cold? I need some of that Italian heat on them! :)

Had to get really organised today - working right through until 10pm, we've got a big music comp in central London, so brought all my food with me :)

B - banana on a small brown roll, grapefruit, coffee
L - green soup (and another roll (6), yogurt, fruit
D - turkey salad, banana, yogurt

Noticed I put 2lbs on in my sneaky WI today (I'd lost an extra 5lb since Monday night :)), so am upping the veg, especially spinach, that really helps me lose. i know you're not supposed to weigh in every day but it's such a boost - and I like knowing straight away if there's a gain so I cam amend the meals accordingly. If I lose 5lbs I'll be so happy - that's the target i gave the class, and it'll be my first stone! :D

Sxxx

hi susie
wow you have a got a long day ahead of you lovely you will hit that 5lb this week i see it coming and i do agree if jumping on the scales works for you then do it love i think once you get your first 2st 3 st you will stop anyway cause you will know what is working for you x x x

What a lovely boost! :) Hope you're home and tucked away from the cold now!

HAve taken your advice and bought some slim noodles etcetc (those that are 8odd calories per portion) to give them a go. You can't beat such low calories! :) x

Hope you like the noodles Kym, remember to rinse them really well!

Morning all :)

Late night, dropped two colleagues home and didn't get back until midnight - so I had a great snooze :)

Snowing a bit here today so i am so glad I don't have to go anyway today - heater's on, fridge is full of lovely food ready to cook up, and Miranda's shaking her maraccas at me :D

B - gammon and eggs, decaff coffee
L - veg soup and a brown roll (HEB)
D - shepherd's pie, I think, with lots of broccoli for my greens intake!
S - usual - yogurt, fruit

LOL no I got the avatar off the web somewhere ages ago - just love it - it's a Batcat :D

My own beastie is zzzzzzzzz on the sofa, but I did find a pic of her when she was just a little 'un, so cute!

Orbit kitty1.jpg

Forgot to say - I passed a little test last night - I LOVE canapes, and I said NO to six different types and wine :D

aww what a beautiful cat orbit is x

Yes she is - when not attacking my toes in the night :)

I've just spent a lovely few hours getting used to Evernote and clipping loads of SW recipes into it so I can meal plan a bit better! I think "Oooh I like the sound of that", buy the ingredients and forget where the recipe is lol. Evernote is ever so clever, a very good search thing - so, if I cook up a storm tomorrow, next week may feature -

Lunch
Frittata
Quiche
Mini quiche
Turkey roll with spinach and peppers
Curry cake
Smash ham and pineapple pizza
Smash sausage rolls

Dinner
Chicken kiev
Black eye bean curry
Cannelloni
Mushroom pancakes
Turkey burgers
Lemon broccoli stir fry

Sweet stuff
Scan bran microwave toffee cake
Scan bran carrot cake

All no or very low syns!!

It's made from scan bran - which is cardboard masquerading as crispbread - so it's carrot cake but not as we know it Chezzie :D Loads of recipes for different types of scan bran cakes and cookies, will give the toffee microwave version a go today, and report back. Also going to make the chicken kiev today (filled with quark and parsley) so I've got something nice for tomorrow night.

Must have slept really soundly because my left hip is sore! WI shows the early week loss disappearing - I think it's carbs and all the syns personally, and I know I haven't been eating as much fruit and veg with each meal as I should - so it' a couple of days of SP for me, fruit and veg, protein and miracle noodles, try and boost a last minute loss before official WI tomorrow night.

On the plus side, I've been a non smoker for two weeks! :D

B - fruit salad and yog and lots and lots of tea :)
L - cottage cheese, spinach and courgette quiche
D - veg soup and a brown roll, more fruit salad
S - Scan bran toffee cake

Last edited:
Hope the scales come good tomorrow night :)

The key is trying to get your 1/3 speed on every plate, I think I probably have more than that most of time but do have plenty of carbs and Syns as well :D

Let me know how you get on with the cake. I made a carrot one once - it looked ok but I only ate one mouthful. Had hideous sweetner aftertaste. I keep meaning to try again perhaps with a different sweetner. Might have inspired me to find thread on here regarding best sweetners ;)

Yep it's the speed foods I've been bad on...:copon:(that's me telling myself off, not you Shelley lol).

A productive morning - laundry all done, quiche made and kievs in the oven - food pics below. Had 1/4 of the quiche with some iceberg lettuce, a grated carrot and two cherry tomatoes :). And yummy on the kiev front - they are a bit fiddly and messy but I just had a bit to make sure it was cooked through and it was well worth it! :)

Does anyone have a mandolin to cut veg and if so what's the verdict? I keep thinking I'd like to make coleslaw but can't be bothered to grate anything (and I always end up with grated fingers too!).

Breakfast -

002.jpg 006.jpg 008.jpg

Last edited:
Back