Susie's 2022 campaign

my friend does it like that susie she will not buy them machines and its lovely better than shop bought ohh i love pasta x x x

LOL on the icecream, Wilee - you found my weakness! I love Italian gelato, especially vanilla/almond with cherries mmmm...but really I could force down any flavour :D Unfortunately when it comes to ice cream every day is a YOLO day lol!

My tummy has firmed up today, so will have to work hard not to put on weight. It would probably help if I stopped drinking prosecco....:eek:

Here's some pics...the Abruzzo is so diverse - you've got gorgeous beaches one side and the Maiella mountain range and skiing on the other, with very pretty villages and rolling fields with vines and olive groves in between. The food is great, the people are lovely, but it's not at all touristy - highly recommended!

059.jpg056.jpg007.jpgIMG_3947.jpgIMG_3911.jpg

oh susie its beautiful what a lovely place to live and visit :D

Ooh what's this diary? x

I can't really say anything different from what others have, so ditto!

Just give yourself this week with the girls then dust yourself off and start fresh :)

Morning all - glad you like the pics, it is a gorgeous place and has such a varied landscape. The views at night are lovely too, little villages all twinkling away along the mountain ridges.

Your humor, and from just reading parts of your diary and replies..you remind me a lot like ME, ahahha...it's probably just as well we are separated by an ocean as I could see us getting together on YOLO days testing out all flavors of Gelato and getting ourselves into all sorts of trouble, LMAO.

LOL I had been thinking exactly the same Wile! :D When I buy my house in the Abruzzo you can come for a YOLO holiday :D

Stackie - I'm guessing your post above (about the girls) isn't for me? :D And Poggy - not sure what you mean about a diary hun? Probably just me being dense, I haven't had my coffee yet. Sadly not Italian coffee - we started the day every day with a gorgeous cappuccino and a honey croissant, nice way to ease into the day :D

However, my food today is yummy too -

B - golden syrup instant oats with a nut/berry mix stirred in
L - home assembled chicken salad
D - spicy tomato tagine (mmm) and miracle noodles
S - bananas, yogurt, picota cherries

Haven't worked out the cals yet but not too high, I would think.

Have a good one and keep out of the heat.

Last edited:
Sorry I meant I didn't know you had another diary lol x

Ahhh I see - yes hun I started off in the Atkins section of Minis four years ago and have made a lot of friends so I keep posting there too :)

But I do really like it here too - all you lovelies, of course, and more people who are calorie counting and have a longer journey on their weight loss than others, which I find very comforting :)

Well I shall be snooping on here too then! :D x

morning susie
your day sounds lovely yum yum food
ohh i bet at night it was like heaven with the views worth going on holiday for x x x x

LOL Pog snoop to your heart's content love :D And you'll recognise this because I've just posted it on your thread :D

Pogmama had mentioned how some Asian people can be brutal about fat, and I wanted to share an awful experience that happened while I was away.

The person I stayed with in Italy is a lady I met online almost a year ago on an Italian ex pat forum, we hit it off and became good friends over the phone but had never met - so a 6 day stay was always going to have potential risks - but I'm pretty easy going and thought we'd be fine.

Welllll it turns out she is a complete fattist - has real issues with fat people - and one night after way too much to drink (she was trolleyed) she was so unbelievably cruel I wanted to pack up and leave right there and then - if we'd been in a town or city, I would have. I even had bruises on my boobs from where she had grabbed them and screamed "Look at this fat, just look at it!" etc.

The next day she said she didn't remember anything - but it's there lurking like a dark nasty beast. I'll stay friends with her but won't ever stay with her again. Some people are funny peculiar eh? Don't worry, I'm not upset by it - it's completely her problem, not mine, and I'm happy on my own cc journey, enjoying food and working towards getting happier :)

do you know susie you know i know how you feel i had it last year while on holiday for 2 weeks in crete will never ever go back to crete or greece again really spoilt my holiday
i agree with you susie we are doing something about our weight gorgeous and we have big loving hearts what they got nothing we can change and be slimmer and still be nice people these who judge us cannot that need to have a personality transplant
my sisters mum-in-law like it i ust laugh at her silly moo she is x x x

jut about to leave the house to go hiking..but Susie, I'm seeing red right now after reading what that woman did to you...and to have left bruises. I'll tell you, I know you said it's 'okay' in all...but I would of been PISSED. I've only known you for the better part of 24 hours, but let me tell ya...if I had of been there when this woman had grabbed your boobs like that, I probably would of ***** slapped her right upside her italian noggin'..LMAO! gotta get off here..but I'm sending you ((((HUGS))) from across the water.

Awww thanks for charging into battle on my behalf hun - I don't like confrontation but to be honest if I'd had a car there or could walk to a hotel, I would have left - but we were stuck in the countryside so I just had to hold my tongue...she's such a forceful character and even kept shouting that I had bulgy eyes and that was a thyroid problem...you WTF?! Anyway I got my own back by constantly filling up her glass (I was much more sober) and she had a very sore head the next day :rolleyes:

She sent a quick text yesterday saying sorry she hadn't been in touch and that things were hectic (she's househunting and pretending not to chase a local - married - Italian man) so I think it will all fizzle out, which is preferable to a shouting match. One very good thing did come out of it though - she introduced me to an English woman she has made good friends with, who I also got on really well with and who lives close to where I'm looking for a house, so she will probably become a mate too - and she's a qualified Italian language teacher so I'm going to do skype lessons with her then face to face when I get over there permanently :D

I'm genuinely shocked at your friend for that. I probably would've said something exceedingly harsh and packed my bags the next day. So bravo for holding your nerve.

I hate people like that.

I hate people like that.

Yeah me too, hun, it's so all unnecessary - still, I won't have to ever see her when i do move, we will live miles apart :)

An agent has just sent me a gorgeous house (ignore the colour scheme, think white walls, shabby chic furniture) - what do you think?

Properties for sale in Abruzzo Town property with garden Palombaro Rustic Cottages BPPB30547

It's owned by a French couple who really did a nice job renovating three years ago - new roof, jacuzzi (!), new bathrooms, etc - but they are desperate to sell and are asking the agent to ask for offers, so could even get it for E65K.

Back