Susie's 2022 campaign

Food is looking yummy especially the kiev look fab :)

I just made a bowl of coleslaw - red cabbage / carrot & spring onion. All chopped or grated by my own fair hand - well by my new ceramic knife which made the cabbage way easier to finely shred. Love the idea of a mandolin but just worried about safety as I'm sooo clumsy combined with being slapdash at time have image of me slicing fingers cause can't be bothered with safety things as fiddly! Let me know if you find an idiot proof one!

Food is looking yummy especially the kiev look fab :) I just made a bowl of coleslaw - red cabbage / carrot & spring onion. All chopped or grated by my own fair hand - well by my new ceramic knife which made the cabbage way easier to finely shred. Love the idea of a mandolin but just worried about safety as I'm sooo clumsy combined with being slapdash at time have image of me slicing fingers cause can't be bothered with safety things as fiddly! Let me know if you find an idiot proof one!

It's one of the reasons I bought a new mixer when my previous (25 year old one!) burnt out when grating the left over Christmas cheese.

My new mixer makes coleslaw in *seconds*. It's amazing. I've used it a LOT since I got it, and I've got rid of a number of other appliances that it has replaced.

ohh susie your meals look amazing love yum yum

What sort did you get, Theria?

I bought this one.

It's fab! I didn't think I would use the blender bit, because I have (and have kept) a stick blender for soup and things but I've used it to make Yorkshire pudding batter. I haven't tried the juicing bits yet (I wonder why? Strange SW attitude to fresh fruit juice, maybe? :)) but the chopping and grating blades are great!

It sits on my kitchen counter quite neatly and because it's out I use it. I find if I put things in cupboards they never get used.

Goodness I've got a food processor - this one - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0057Z847E?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage - but i just never use it and actually didn't think about it for cutting things up! You're right, if it's not on the counter, I do forget to use them!

So I will give that a go and save myself some money (to be spent on more gadgets lol).

Morning all you gorgeous creatures :D

WI in tonight and I'm feeling quietly confident of a loss - whether it will be the magic 5lbs to get me to my first stone or not remains to be seen! Am going to record ALL my HEAs, HEBs, free and speed food and syns here from now on because I got a bit cavalier with them last week!

B - melon (S) and yogurt (f) with 35g bran flakes (HEB, no milk), tea and coffee (from HEA 350ml allowance)
L - BIG tub of homemade green soup (S), 1 scan bran toffee muffin (1), mint Muller Light (f)
D - after WI (hehe) - chicken kiev (P, with quark - F - and parsley - F), potato mash (F) and broccoli (S)

Evening all - got a loss of 4lbs :D

Not the 5lbs I was hoping for to reach my first stone - but hey I'm still happy :)

Now going to tuck into dinner, I am a tad peckish :)

well done susie that is great love x x

I bought this one.

It's fab!

Hmm I have one in a box somewhere?!

Goodness I've got a food processor .... me too!

So I will give that a go and save myself some money (to be spent on more gadgets lol).

Going to find mine too. I liked using it but pain to wash up & put back in box. Perhaps finding it a spot on the side is the way to go?

Evening all - got a loss of 4lbs :D

Not the 5lbs I was hoping for to reach my first stone - but hey I'm still happy :)

Fabulous :talk017: and the stone will be yours next week x

Thank you all - big kisses back from me :D Forgot to say, I've lost the most out of all the new starts, so another lady and I started a mini challenge to see who can reach the 1 1/2 stone mark first :D

I do really like the actual weigh in, it is keeping me honest :)eek:) and there is a sense of competition that I keep remembering during the week to spur me on - in fact I crawled out of bed early this morning and started Body Magic this morning, did Leslie Sansone's 1 mile walk, although my right knee was really stiff and sore. But it WILL get better - so, woohoo, the gentle exercise plan begins! I was so proud of myself I told Mum's pic "I did it, Mum!" and punched the air LOL (what a prat :)). The vibroplate will get a workout tonight, because I've now found the instructions - so no excuses!

B - cottage cheese, spinach, courgette and herb quiche (S), tea, coffee, HEA milk
L - cup of soup (3), salad (lettuce, cucumber. tomatoes)(S) with balsamic dressing (4), melon (S), apple (S), yogurt (F), brown roll (HEB)
D - beef and veg casserole with smash (F)
S - Muller coconut yogurt (1), Hifi x2 (6)

14 syns (I can't do 25 every day without feeling like I'm out of control again!)

Have a lovely day, all - you are the most wonderful support team and I'm sure I couldn't do this without you all mwahhhhhhh!

:grouphugg:

Last edited:
Well done on another 4lb off :D That 1 stone award will be yours next week :D

Also well done on the start of gentle exercise, it all adds up and soon enough it will get easier and easier xx

Well done love :D Not only for the loss but the exercise too AND for keeping going even though it's stiff and sore! :)

Good luck for your challenge too ;) You can do it!!!

Well done Susie - great focus and results xxx

Well Done on your FAB loss Susie :eek: I love a Leslie 1 Mile Walk, not had time to do it in ages tho! x

Morning all :)

No Leslie this morning, my knees protested too much, will see how they feel tonight - plus the cleaner (my treat for saving lots of £ by not smoking) turned up early! Not feeling the love for this cold weather - might do a long weekend to Italy in March, give me something to look forward to - and might aim for a 2 stone loss by then - I'm sure that's doable! :)

B - grilled bacon (from the local cafe, with the fat trimmed off) and 2 bread (HEB plus 2 syns), coffee (milk synned 1)
L - Mac n cheese (HEB), melon and coconut yogurt (1)
D - beef casserole with mash (Laughing Cow segments 3)
S - apples, crackers with cheese (4), Options drink with sugar free raspberry syrup (2)

Syns 13

i cant go up to my 25 syns either without thinking i have blown it hun.

well done on your loss xxxx

Back