Susie's 2022 campaign

Hi Susie, I'm glad I found you again! :D The subforum where we used to post has gotten awfully quiet! Hope you've been well - going to get caught up now. :)

No chips though :D

Spoilsport! At least i can have them later tonight :)

Hi Susie, I'm glad I found you again! :D The subforum where we used to post has gotten awfully quiet! Hope you've been well - going to get caught up now. :)

Hello sweetie! Are you still low carbing?

Morning all

Terrible night's sleep - the iBody confirms that I am regularly awake from 3-5am each night, which is a pain, because I slept in each morning this Easter instead of getting up and doing stuff! I get up to tinkle (due to taking all my herbal tablets after dinner, I guess), then can't get back to sleep - any tips?

And I had every intention of having a light eating day before WI tonight - but I'm starving! Got every expectation that I will gain tonight after this weekend's chocfest!

B - bacon and eggs, melon, milk (2)
L - leftover lamb and veg
D - might try the smash pizza...

Have a good one, all - we've finally got some sunshine!

Oooh good luck with WI tonight :)

Can't help with the sleep unfortunately, I'm one of those annoying people who once they're asleep it takes an earthquake (actually not even that) to wake me up!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com

Good luck tonight - amazed class is running on a Bank Holiday & wonder if lots of people might have a wee gain what with Hot Cross Buns and chocolate Bunnies?!

Can't really help on sleep either. I'm one of those lucky people who needs about 5 hours and can easily drop back off if I do wake. I read somewhere that if you wake try to roll over and go back to sleep rather than get up for wee / check time / think "oh no I'll never sleep again" Not sure if true :confused:

I always try and have light eating day on weigh in day. Was fab last week weighing in the morning as wasn't an issue!

Good luck tonight - amazed class is running on a Bank Holiday & wonder if lots of people might have a wee gain what with Hot Cross Buns and chocolate Bunnies?!

Yes there's already been weeping and wailing on the class FB page, so I imagine I won't be alone :D. But I don't care - before, I would have just chucked it in but this woe is for me, I just need to stay away from the chocolate!

Am in a very odd mood today, there's something in the air - am really missing family and just a little bit of me wonders if I should use my inheritance money to buy in the same town and rent it out until I'm ready to go back? NZ is very expensive, for both property and cost of living, and certainly doesn't compare to Italy - but it might work just as well for what I want to do, potter about, grow my own veg, see friends and family - and have people close by in the event of an emergency (which is the main worry about Italy, plus the language thing) - it's great to have friends here in the UK who say they would come and help but there's really nothing like family to come roaring to my rescue if I should need it. And I guess I could always do a house swap with someone in Italy, etc. Very confused about it, to be honest.

Hurrah for not chucking it in. One bad week does not a weigh loss journey ruin. Unless we let it x

I don't know what to say re where to spend rest of life. It's not easy. Have you got lots of family still in NZ? I seriously considered emigrating to Oz few years back. But on one of my recce trips met a girl trying to get back to Oz from London as her Dad was ill. She didn't get there in time. Was so devasting for her it & put me off thinking would be round corner if my parents needed me. Never considered the what if I needed someone aspect?!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

All the family I have is in NZ - in the same town, my brother, two nephews, aunt, cousin, plus other rellies in other parts of NZ.

Really understand about that girl's situation, I up and shot home when Mum was diagnosed so I could spend the last two months of her life with her - but it was hard to just act so quickly and go. My aunt (who I love very much) is getting on, and her mum's 85. After last year, I still jump every time the phone rings, thinking "Who will it be this time?".

Sorry for all this confessional stuff, but i really appreciate your thoughts - although it's hard to answer this for another person, I know :eek:

Off to do an Aldi and Tesco shop before class, speak later - and think light at 6pm! :D

Good luck for tonight Susie!

Started 20/01/15
23lb lost to date
Milestones

7lb - 10/02/15
1st - 03/03/15
5% - 03/03/15
1st 7 - 24/03/15
10% -
2st -

All the family I have is in NZ - in the same town, my brother, two nephews, aunt, cousin, plus other rellies in other parts of NZ.

Really understand about that girl's situation, I up and shot home when Mum was diagnosed so I could spend the last two months of her life with her - but it was hard to just act so quickly and go. My aunt (who I love very much) is getting on, and her mum's 85. After last year, I still jump every time the phone rings, thinking "Who will it be this time?".

Sorry for all this confessional stuff, but i really appreciate your thoughts - although it's hard to answer this for another person, I know :eek:

Off to do an Aldi and Tesco shop before class, speak later - and think light at 6pm! :D

I was thinking positive light thoughts at 6pm - hope it worked ;)

Are you close to your brother & his family? I think there's lots to be said for being there but I also think some of my good friends are closer than some of my family and that if I had an issue would be more likely to travel round world to help than perhaps some family would. Are there any options to be a bit more toe in the water first? I know the UK coast with job or maybe rent an Italian property for 6 months?

Interestingly my Mum still encourages me to consider leaving the UK - but she's of the opinion its going rapidly downhill!

Thank you girls it must have worked because I lost a pound woohoo! :). I really can't believe it, after all the junk I ate last week :eek:!

It's going to be head down and really be good this week!

Re the NZ idea, I know it's not going to be ideal - my heart will break to leave London, whatever I do, but in many ways it's not the city for me anymore. I think I agree with your mum a bit, Shelley! Anyhoo, I've sent emails out to various NZ friends and family to see what they think.

Sxxx

well done susie
i think your heart is telling you to head back home to NZ to your family but its up to you susie in the long run i think as we get older family is a big thing to us and we want to be near them x x

Thanks Chezzie - I think the NZ idea might be out the window already, before the dust has even settled! I just spoke to my brother and, much as he wants me to come home, there's just nothing i can afford. And he's right, I've had a good google of property websites and I can't even afford places I don't like, never mind ones I do...my choices are quite limited, it would seem.

We talked it through thoroughly and I can always go home for a long holiday and stay at his place, so will do that anyway.

I hate being this confused, I'm normally quite sure about what i want - but one day it's Italy, the next NZ, the next somewhere else...! Arggghhhh!

Right, I'm having a Hifi and heading to Bedfordshire! xxx

Well done Susie, especially as you were expecting a gain! x

Thanks Essie :)

Morning all - the sun is shining and I'm feeling much more upbeat about life, the universe and where to retire to :D. Was thinking about it during the night and I think the best plan might be to buy a cheapie in Italy (so can have a good look around when I'm there in three weeks) and buy a park home and spend 6 months in Italy and 6 in the park home. So at least that way I have a choice - there are some lovely parks out there, like one in Colchester, with lakes and well established gardens between each of the 'homes' (which are log cabins, they look very nice) and open for 10 months of the year. And once Italy is done up i could rent it out when I'm not using it to cover costs.

So - that's the plan for at least 24 hours :D :D

B - melon and passionfruit with homemade low fat greek yogurt - lush! (milk 2)
L - chilli and mushroom pasta and garden salad with l/f caesar dressing (4)
D - pork, broccoli, spinach, pea stir fry with miracle noodles
S - Hifis (HEXB), cheese (HEXA) on 2 scan bran (2)
Total syns 8 - hmm might put some oil in the stir fry to bring that up a bit, or maybe some fruit toast with butter...
E - Leslie this morning! Also going to try and do it when I get home :eek:

Hi Rach - so glad your device has finally arrived!!!

I think the app is simply called iBody - I've had trouble getting it to sync (probably operator error!), so let me know how you get on. I also finally sussed out what I was doing wrong with uploading my new info - you have to download the sync thing from here - http://www.9ibody.com/download# and each day you click on the desktop icon and connect the device via the usb charger, then it eventually uploads. Then, and only then, can you see it on the website dashboard.

Can't really comment on the accuracy for steps (I do so few!) but am really fascinated by the sleep pattern info!

Is it lunchtime yet???

20 minutes later - I'm so bored...but not as hungry after a rather spicy Mugshot :)

Last edited:
Back