Susie's 2022 campaign

The Boo Bash sounds great fun, Tibbs, and well done for getting back on the wagon! :).

Lovely sunny day here, so laundry and a bit of housework done (life in the fat lane eh? lol) and now think I might take a drive down to the beach. Coffee at a friend's later and a quiet night in.

L - pancetta and spinach omelette
D - pork and spinach

Sx

The Boo Bash sounds great fun, Tibbs, and well done for getting back on the wagon! :).

Lovely sunny day here, so laundry and a bit of housework done (life in the fat lane eh? lol) and now think I might take a drive down to the beach. Coffee at a friend's later and a quiet night in.

L - pancetta and spinach omelette
D - pork and spinach

Sx
Oh to be at the beach without a scarf! Lovely autumnal day here,trees turning lovely shades and leaves dropping like crazy...I love Autumn. I'm aching like mad after my fall yesterday so intend spending my day lying on settee reading.
Enjoy your day... Linden :)

Another, bigger quake earlier this morning, but all ok here - slept through this one!
Oh my goodness another one! :eek: You slept through it!:eek: Pleased you're ok :) X

Crazy eh? They say there will be aftershocks for months...but it has inspired me to get the cat carrier from upstairs and put it in the kitchen, and make up an emergency kit, so if we have time the plan is to dive under the kitchen table.

Felt a bit off colour all day, think it was the mouthful of pork I had this morning before I realised it was on the turn (yk) - but suddenly became ravenous and have just eaten a whole head of broccoli steamed, then with a cream sauce cheese sauce over it :).

Hi, hope you're feeling better? Good idea for the emergency prep, hope you never have to use it! Is that your cat on the photo?

Hi susie
great idea least then your sorted hope you do not have to use it hun sorry you felt a bit off it lovely x x

Thx guys - all good today. Had a lovely trip yesterday down to Pescara Ikea with friends who helped me get a €119 refund woohoo (promptly spent some of it on rubbish I don't need, like candles!), then we went to a winery in a town called Ortona where they have a free red wine fountain! Great marketing device - there have been streams of people going to it from all over.

Another earthquake this morning but they seem to be moving north. Most people here seem pretty prosaic about it - if it happens, it happens. Luckily my house has thick walls so hopefully it will stay up if they do get closer.

Beautiful day here - 20 degrees - so the w/m is on, to wash the linen and duvet from Orbit's protest vomit last night. I've taken on a little stray and Orbs ain't happy about it so shows her displeasure by throwing up in the middle of my bed - let's hope she will adjust in time, I hope! The newbie is about 4-6 months old and I've called her Stella (although she's dark brown, almost black). She is a clever little thing, lets me cuddle her because she knows she's safe here - and even used the litter tray last night (she's kept in the kitchen for now at night). Eats like she has hollow legs though!

B - tea
L - chilli mince and cabbage
D - leafy green veg soup I think, I've got loads to use up

Have a lovely day x

Ooops change of plan for dinner, realised I had a pork fillet roast to use up quickly.

A friend, who is a great cook, told me to rub it with a herb-oil paste marinade and let it sit for a couple of hours, and oh my it was lovely. Didn't have fresh garlic but mixed garlic powder, oregano and rosemary in some olive oil, then cooked covered for 45 mins (with a teensy bit of water in the bottom), then uncovered for another 20. Yum!

Of course I couldn't resist had three slices (along with a big pile of lamb lettuce and marinated red peppers) and now I'm ready to pop! :rolleyes:

Ooops change of plan for dinner, realised I had a pork fillet roast to use up quickly.

A friend, who is a great cook, told me to rub it with a herb-oil paste marinade and let it sit for a couple of hours, and oh my it was lovely. Didn't have fresh garlic but mixed garlic powder, oregano and rosemary in some olive oil, then cooked covered for 45 mins (with a teensy bit of water in the bottom), then uncovered for another 20. Yum!

Of course I couldn't resist had three slices (along with a big pile of lamb lettuce and marinated red peppers) and now I'm ready to pop! :rolleyes:

Ooo that sounds nice, I think I'll cook it for Dave :)

I'm off too Susie, having been in UK for 12 days of naughty eating with friends and family. It was goooood, but now I am happy to be back on the WoE. I also have 2 meals a day and if I get peckish I might wat 10 hazelnuts or walnuts to tide me over till dinner. Did you start having 2 meals a day since moving to Turkey, or is this normal for you anyway?

Best wishes. :D

Not Turkey, Italy LOL.

No the 2 meals a day thing is since I started low carb. I just don't feel hungry in the morning, so it makes sense to wait until lunchtime. Had people round for lunch so did a repeat of the pesto chicken and cabbage/pancetta, which seemed to go down ok - and bless her, a friend brought round low carb/gluten free chocolate cake. It's unusual, not very sweet - but nice though.

Thank you Chezzie! Am very nervous at the moment - got to go to the police station at 11am for the 2nd part of my right to stay application. I'm such a goodie two shoes, never in trouble, so the thought of even going in to see the police is making my tummy churn LOL. But everyone says it's just a formality...anyway, will head off now, and report back later xx

EEK. Is the right to stay like a permanent residency type of thing? Like not something you'll have to do every year?

Hope it all went well at the station!

Back - but not good news to report. My UK right of abode isn't being accepted and the paperwork submitted to the post office 2 weeks ago has gone missing.

Stackie - the permesso is an annual thing, but how often you renew it before you get permanent residency depends on where you live and where you come from. Of course. Every second sentence uttered here is "Well, this is Italy!"

If the worst comes to the worst, I need to fly back to the UK and straight back here so I have a more recent arrival stamp in my passport. What a palaver....

When I get stressed I crave carbs, but instead came home and inhaled a plate of bacon and eggs, so that's progress, I guess :).

Another 2lbs off for me today, making a total of 19lbs in a month - so am very happy with that - keep trying to visualise 19 blocks of butter - in fact, must find a pic and put it on the fridge! :D.

Not a very exciting day here - laundry mostly - but very happy that Stella the stray (who sleeps in the kitchen) used the litter tray last night for serious business! I wonder if she belonged to someone...or she's just a very clever little girly! :)

Aims - lose another 14lbs this month; and get into the 200s by Christmas!

PS - does anyone know how to add SW badges properly? I just cut and pasted but am sure there's a better way lol

14.jpg

Last edited:
Back