Susie's 2022 campaign

Morning ladies

It is a great house, and I've told my agent friend I'll give him €2000 extra if he can sell it quickly :). I will be sorry to leave it, but needs must.

Good incentive for him to sell it fast. I wish I had the money to buy it..I'll just have to dream on:)
What are you up to today Suzie? The sky looks so blue in your photos, very pale grey here today..and chilly..you'll need your woolly knickers when you get back :D X

LOL lucky I like cold weather :D :D. It's been raining on and off here, but sunny now and about 20 degrees.

Not doing much though, feel a bit of a cold coming on so might zzz on the sofa for a bit. Other than that, I'm putting the packing boxes together and will probably pack up the books and start on the two wardrobes.

I spoke too soon, it's now quite chilly brrr!

Dinner is in the slow cooker - a sort of Thai Green Curry with skinny noodles, chicken soup, coconut milk, spinach, peas and green curry powder. Smells good :).

The cupboard and fridge are looking a bit bare, I must say - two cans of soup left, 2 jars of passata, about 5 packs of skinny noodles, 1 can baked beans, and nothing in the fridge but potatoes, peppers, gnocchi and bread, and then a bit of spinach and peas in the freezer. Got friends coming for dinner on Monday so will make a spicy salami and pancetta pasta, that'll take care of the passata. I'm giving away all the condiments and stuff like bicarb and open packets, it's not worth bringing them back.

Later - dinner was lush! Definitely making that again :).

Last edited:
Morning - dragged myself out of bed this morning after Orbit did her usual throw up at 4am, and then couldn't get images of The Handmaid's Tale out of my head. As i said on Tipp's thread, the book and film scared the bejeezus out of me, and the TV series is doing the same. Shouldn't have watched it really...but Elizabeth Moss is excellent, and it's so scary to see how women are forced into being breeders for an infertile ruling class. Hope Trump doesn't get any ideas!

Cleaning out the main bedroom today. I actually feel really liberated at giving away/dumping loads of stuff. Eg I brought my heavy jewellery box with me and I haven't once worn anything from it. Not once. It's full of earrings that i haven't worn for years, and other costume necklaces and stuff, so out they go. I'm meeting a friend for lunch so will see if she wants the box (it's one of those 3 drawer smoked glass ones from M&S).

Last edited:
Susie - so much has happened!!!! Your move back to the UK is really happening.
I love a good clear out. Feels like you are shedding, and like you have got rid of excessive baggage.

I love New Zealand, and I would move there in a minute if I could. But I think spending some time in the UK while you have a think is a good plan.

Love to your sick kitty x x

Yep it's really happening hun - 12 days to go! (eek).

I also think I might have changed my mind about a big move back to NZ. Had a really long chat to my mum's oldest friend and she was very frank with me and said she thought I'd hate it - too small, too far from everything, crime is hideously bad (drugs, gang warfare, rapes in broad daylight, etc), really high cost of living, provincial thinking - so might stick to the suggestion of just going back for holidays every couple of years, get my fill of the family that way, and still be able to afford to buy a house somewhere here in the UK. I was going on about missing the family to her and she said "Yes but how often do they ring you?" - and I realised, not at all! I know they love me and all that, but it's only my brother and I who keep in touch via Messenger calls.

Really helps to have someone hold up the mirror and force me to be brutally honest, as i can paint a rosy picture of just about anything :rolleyes:.

But am definitely not making the curry thing again - something didn't agree with me and I've been running back and forth to the loo since getting back from lunch. Had a sleep and feel better now, but think I might get myself checked out once I get back - have had a few tummy related things lately. Unless I've got what Orbit's got...:)

Last edited:
:eek: The crime there sounds dreadful, definitely steer clear of going back if you're not safe walking around in broad daylight..isn't it so sad when things get that bad.
Wherever you're supposed to be you'll know it when you get there :) I also wear rose tinted glasses which makes decisions incredibly hard at times. X

:eek: The crime there sounds dreadful, definitely steer clear of going back if you're not safe walking around in broad daylight..isn't it so sad when things get that bad.
Wherever you're supposed to be you'll know it when you get there :) I also wear rose tinted glasses which makes decisions incredibly hard at times. X

I checked on a few Kiwi expat forums and it was almost unanimous - everyone who went back after a few/lot of years said they were horrified at the changes since they'd been away - no jobs, people really struggling, awful crime, etc.

LOL to the glasses - i have several pairs :D.

Good job you didn't just jump in. It sounds like your old job being up for grabs is karma. I only once went back to the place I grew up and my lord, it was nothing like I had painted in my head! Luckily it was only a couple of buses away from where I live and not on the other side of the world. Buffy's suggestion is good, stay in the UK for a bit and see how you feel. X

Haha! The rose tinted glasses are probably the reason I've been married 4 times:D

Haha! The rose tinted glasses are probably the reason I've been married 4 times:D

Theyre the reason I've stayed married for 30 years:rolleyes:

Are you moving straight back into your flat when you get back.
What brought you to the UK from NZ to start with?

Are you moving straight back into your flat when you get back. What brought you to the UK from NZ to start with?

Yes Tipp the tenants move out on the 18th so I'll be able to move straight back in. They've kept it very clean, which is great.

I went from NZ to Oz first, for work (couldn't get anything at home after I got my MA). The plan was always to go to London, I just took a while to get there :D.

Well ladies, it's been a busy day - English friends here on hols popped in for tea and a chat, then i got new tyres put on at the garage. Back home for a zzz with Stella, and now tidying up a bit because three friends are coming round in a hour for Mahjong and dinner. Making a pasta with pancetta, garlic, spicy salami, olives and passata, and it smells yummy. Got olive bread and a little sweet doughnut thing for dessert.

11 days to go! :eek:

Good on you for having
Quick update - had an email this evening from my old workplace - they've received my CV and wondered if i could do an interview on Friday!

I've suggested a skype interview as I can't get flights (and am in the middle of packing), so let's hope they say yes! :)

Ah, Wowee Suzie, that's brilliant..so pleased for you X

You know Suzie, you seem destined to get this job:) everything is falling into place for you. Have you set up a time for it? Oooo excited for you X

Waiting to hear what time. Will practice skype calling before then to make sure it goes smoothly.

All my life people like my dad said, "Don't expect too much, that way if you're let down you're not too disappointed". Well, not this time! I am going to rock this! :D. And if I don't get it, then fate is pushing me in another direction. Hopefully fate in the guise of a winning lottery ticket LOLOL.

I think believe you're going to get it and if you're meant to you will..if not something better is just around the corner..and oh for it to be the winning lottery ticket..what a wonderful dream, I already have my list made:D X

That'd great news. Stuff people who don't want you to have high expectations...what's the point of wishing then

Back