Susie's 2022 campaign

Wow, how amazing that someone with autism can feel so comfortable and relaxed that they start speaking for the first time while doing something that is helping others:) and to then feel confident enough to go on and give an interview..Wowza! Fantastic result and wonderful to be part of:) X

Morning all!

I stuffed some potatoes and baked beans down my neck last night and oh boy did i pay this morning, because i take magnesium, which has an ermmm laxative effect - and so do the beans....magic combination!

My digestive system has been all over the place lately and i think it's too many carbs - am actually looking forward to giving them up after Christmas. Just have to make sure I do all the prep, that's always my downfall, and it's too easy to head to the fridge and have a sandwich here.

Supposed to go to Manchester on Sunday for work but snow is forecast!

LOL on the laxative effect - if only!

Mad, mad day at the office today - I love it, but sat there for 5 minutes thinking "Blooming heck what next?!". But it will all get sorted :).

Came home with a huge haul for the Christmas freezer drawer - two posh quiches, Lurpak garlic butter, profiteroles and bagels - yum! Carb City...:D

Without thinking about the laxative effect, potatoes and baked beans sounds amazing!! Add some grated cheddar, and I could easily scoff that!

Your Christmas goodies sounds lovely too! Perks of the job! :D

Hey Susie. There is something so wrong but so magical about putting a diet plan in place that’s a little in the future, but until the it’s ‘all bets are off’!!! It’s such a great buzz knowing you can eat what you fancy for a while. I remember you really getting on well with the low carb thing in Italy, all those stews and casseroles....this time thought you will have a lot more leaner options where meat is concerned and breads etc. Good Plan Stan!!

Have a good weekend!!

Thanks Charley!

Just home, Mr Sainsbury came early (yaye, no waiting around) so am in my jammies, the heating is on and the last of the Abruzzo wine has been poured :).

It was mad at work today - we got a HUGE delivery from Neal's Yard, loads of cheese - smelly but scrumptious - so I've squirreled away three blocks in the freezer, ready for January :D.

Morning campers :)

Up early (for me on a Saturday) to catch a post redelivery, the man likes to come before 8am so I had to set the alarm :eek:. He's just been and I now have my little tree and lights done, which looks sweet and is reasonably cat proof.

A weekend of rest for me yaye - no visits to anyone planned, and no visitors expected :D.

Oooo...all Christmassy at yours now you've got your tree :)
Sounds like a perfect weekend planned after the very busy week you've had..enjoy X

Morning!

Snowed overnight and now it's really coming down - but it's quite mushy and will melt away by tomorrow I expect. At least we get the roads cleared pretty quickly, so there's no drama about getting to work - and boy oh boy am I so happy I'm not on the train to Manchester right now! :)

So, another day of R&R is planned - reading a few low carb blogs, a bit of Classic FM in the background, all nice and warm, yaye! Not sure what the food day will look like yet, probs a bacon omelette, then some stewed steak and broccoli rice - I really like the Sainsburys one, it's a huge bag and only costs a quid, you couldn't make it for that. Also discovered Iceland do four bags of cauli rice or four bags of broccoli/spring greens rice for a pound each and they can go in the freezer. Makes the low carb prep a bit easier :).

We've still got sunshine..very strangeo_O but long may it last..takes forever for the ice to melt in our street!
I never think about going to Iceland, I'll have to investigate it for things like that.
Enjoy your snugged up day x

I bought some broccoli rice but its in steam bags for the microwave and we don't have one so have to see what will.woek

Tipp you should be able to boil it in the bag?

Afternoon all - the day is zooming past! Lots more to do with the Telegraph this week, including filming in London...

oooh a cheeky plug - if you haven't bought your Christmas cards yet, the Co-op ones give money to FareShare x

Sounds like you had a lovely festive weekend Susie.

x

Sounds like you had a lovely festive weekend Susie.x

It was lovely thanks Charley - and strangely without alcohol. I seem to have gone off the stuff :eek:...who is this imposter!!!! :D

Not gone off food though, sadly - and bought way too many treats at Lidl just now. Way, way too many...including absolutely lush mint cream chocolate.

:eek: No more wine flu? :D My will power has moved to another country! Everywhere I look there's goodies wanting me to eat them:confused: X

:eek: No more wine flu? :D

Isn't it weird! I normally love a glass of red (or two) when I get home but for the last few weeks I've just not fancied it...very odd.

Lovely blue skies here today, after the mad weather of the last two days - but soooo cold last night, I had both sides of the electric blanket on brrr, and the car was completely iced up this morning.

Back