Susie's 2022 campaign

there were mince pies and gingerbread cheesecake, chocolate and caramel pots and brandy cream everywhere - and I had NONE! :D:D

How weird, I dreamt about making mince pies for everyone in the office.

well done on the interview, is it for another application or one you have already interviewed for?

well done on the interview, is it for another application or one you have already interviewed for?

It's for the College of Naturopathic Medicine and I was interviewed by the Principal on Wednesday. The one on the 18th will be with the Registrar and the current PR Manager - so cross fingers they like me!

Well it's boiling here, 33 degrees! Luckily my flat is quite cool - I keep the blinds shut all day to stop little thieving eyes from looking in (it's ground floor) - but the plus is that it keeps the sun out.

Also got lucky at work and brought home about £30 worth of chicken pieces, turkey steaks and sliced ham and whacked it all in the freezer. May as well take advantage while I can :). Makes me wonder if i should get a little second hand freezer!

Bugga bugga bum - have completely ruined a really good few days with a terrible dinner. Gave in to some breaded chicken things, ate all four (OMG) and then checked the calories - over 60 syns!!! And I confess that I had two small pork pies at lunch - what on earth is wrong with me!

Back to a green tea and green veg smoothie weekend, in the hope that some of this will magically disappear...:angeldevil:

Thanks Claire Bear, glugged a pot of green tea down already.

Still so disappointed in myself though! I was eating my way through it all, willing myself to stop - but just couldn't seem to do it. Oh well, my fault in bringing bad stuff home in the first place. Onwards and downwards!

Oh bless you Susie. I think being able to control the binge eating, and not giving in to temptation is the hardest part of this whole process. All you can do is draw a line underneath and get that green tea down you. You'll turn it around. You have lost nearly 4st this year!! That's amazing! Just keep swimming :) xx

Thanks El, much appreciated mwahh xx.

Woke up early but had a cup of tea and got a few more hours' sleep. Now just waiting for some deliveries, doing laundry and drinking lots of fluids!

Later - too hot to eat so am just drinking my way through a healthy smoothie - a litre of h/m almond milk, spirulina, maca, cinnamon, matcha green tea, quark and kale, blended over ice. My body is a temple LOL.

Last edited:
We all have slip ups, we’re only human. Brilliant work jumping straight on the smoothies and green tea! X

Thanks Charlotte :). The smoothie was lovely, actually, I'll do it again tomorrow. Ended up having about 4 litres of green tea, water and normal tea, but also had proper food :).

B/L smoothie (HEA milk. maca powder 1)
D - chicken breast with spinach and a Muller Light coconut yog (1) over it - very nice
S - 2 Hifis (HEB), 2 caramel rice cakes (5), Options salted caramel and 2 tsp sweet freedom choc shot (3) = total of 10 syns

The hot choc is lovely but very sweet! OI have to get out of the habit of eating Hifis, it's too easy to inhale a box!

image.jpeg
Keep on keeping Suzie 💜 Food for today looks brilliant and well impressed with your 10syns, i'm always way out of my target😹
I nearly bought some choc shot today but it was the pot of spread rather than the drizzle one. Is it worth getting do you think or will it keep my chocolate cravings that I want to break going? X

Thanks Tibbsy!!! Last night was the first time I'd used the choc shot and it did hit the spot, I didn't fancy any more after that - so maybe worth it?

Well, sorry to state the obvious but it's HOT! Washing is out and until I need to bring it in again, that's the last time I'm going outside. today :).

Decided to try eating more in the morning and having a light dinner today, see if that helps things along. What's that saying - "Eat like a king in the morning and a pauper at dinner"? Something like that :classic_big_grin:.

B - ham, eggs, spinach and a slice of Dairy Lea Light (2) (S)
L - Cauli rice with broccoli and peppers, then fruit and yogurt (almost all S)
D - green smoothie - spinach, kale, 500g almond milk (1/2 HEA), maca (1), cinnamon, spirulina
Snack - 2 Ryvita ryes (HEB) with 1 slice of Dairy Lea Light (1/2 HEA)

Just made up a pot of green tea and mint, and chucked lots of ice in! Another this afternoon, and another 2 litres of water and that's 4 litres.

So @Tibbs that's my 7 S and 7 waters a day and I'll keep 4 syns back for later :).

Woohoo just made SW friendly frozen yogurt - chucked two Muller Light coconut yogs and loads of ice into the Nutri Ninja and bingo! It's much less icy than putting a pot straight into the freezer, a bit watery because of the ice - but lovely and cold, it only took a minute., and it saves having my huge ice cream maker bowl taking up space in the freezer. Right, that's the Cuisinart going on eBay :).

Will try with just one pot next time - and don't worry, I won't eat all of this :). Not in one go, anyway :classic_roll_eyes:. Can't wait to try other flavours.

IMG_1785.jpg

Sad to say the yog wasn't as nice as I hoped - I guess the ice diluted the coconut flavour, you could barely taste it. So I've ordered an £8 gizmo from Am, a couple of reviewers who gave it thumbs up are doing SW, so it's worth a shot. I'd keep using the Cuisinart but all of those ones with metal bowls waste so much yogurt - when you pour it in, the yog just freezes to the side and it's impossible to get off.

I fancied more than a smoothie for dinner, so had chicken and roasted broccoli - never roasted it before and I LOVE it!

I've made up Tippy's cold green soup, so that's ready for tomorrow, ditto the smoothie - got to use up that wretched kale. If only it was bad for you and doughnuts were good :classic_roll_eyes:.

Tibbs - I've ended up going way past the 7 syns - inhaled 4 HiFis (whoops), so I've ended up with 13.5. Will have a plum and pear with some frozen yog in a bit and that's my 7 speed foods. Hard work, isn't it?

I love my nutribullet, it gets used about twice a day. Its a pity the coconut flavour was too diluted for you, understandable with the ice.
What is maca powder, I've seen it in the shops but don't know what is is or what is is supposed to be good for. I have spirulinia, cacoa and blueberry powder. Does the maca or any of the others count as syns on SW or extras.

Tippy, maca is high in potassium, calcium, magnesium and zinc, B vitamins, and it's also a good vegan source of iron. It's 1 syn per t level tsp.

Morning all

Had an awful night's sleep, just too hot and restless, and this morning my left eye won't focus. It's happened once or twice before and i'm assuming it's tiredness, but it's making it hard to see the words on the computer screen at work.

WI tonight and i feel like a great big heavy lump, so not holding out much hope for a loss.

B - green smoothie, berries
L - Tippy's green soup, roasted broccoli
D - something bad.

The bosses have arrived so i'd better go - have a good one!

I love my nutribullet too! You can throw anything in there with ice. I make a tiny strong options hot chocolate or coffee, add some milk and blend that with a load of ice. Takes some adjusting to get the consistency right though.

Sorry you had a bad night Susie. Hopefully it’s a bit cooler tonight. I can’t wait for the summer to be over lol x

WI was great, another 4lbs off, so that's 4 stone 3lbs in total :).

Really happy with that - but if you're worried about weight not coming off, almost everyone in the class said they had problems because of the hot weather - and not eating enough! (not a problem for me hahaha).

Treat night now - so have a good evening all xx

Woohoo!! That is a fabulous loss Susie! Well done. Enjoy your treat night x

Back