Susie's 2022 campaign

Evening ladies

Home safe and sound after an exhausting but rewarding couple of days. Lots and lots of running around so the knees got a bit of a workout - Nurofen for me before bed tonight!

All went well but @Stackhead you are so right about the food, not much of the healthy eating variety but no options nearby to fix that - so i went with it :D.

My Groupon shiratake noodles have arrived so will try and do some batch cooking IP meals this weekend, and get back on admittedly a rather vague plan!

Hi all

A great day at work, got loads done and found out that the woman who sits behind me is also going to SW - so hopefully she will help keep me in line! It's almost impossible to avoid the kitchen because we're not allowed to eat food of any kind at our desks anymore, so I'll have to find some backbone from somewhere :rolleyes:...

A quiet weekend planned - deliveries coming tomorrow and my eBay sofa arrives Sunday - so I'll finally have something to offer guests to sit on yaye. A friend is coming tonight but he's happy to sit on a chair - and then probably fall off as wine is forecast lol :D

I wish we knew that @Tibbs is ok though, really worried about her having fallen ill or something bad has happened :(.

Hi Susie, glad things are going well for you back here! I too am worried about Tibbs. I have known her since she first came on here and she would sometimes go a little while without being around but never this long. Just hoping all is ok with her and hers. x

Morning all

Got a new approach based around soups for lunch with skinny noodles or rice added, and the same sort of stew/slow cooker based thing for dinner.

Haven't finished logging yet, will report back later.

B - green smoothie - 1/2 avocado, kale, spinach, tropical juice, ginger, ACV, lemon juice, water
L - bean and chiopotle soup with 1/2 pack skinny noodles added
D - chilli mince with skinny noodles

Sx

Well ladies, I am ON IT today! I've womaned up and got a new determination to lose a stone by Christmas and try and get the pressure off my knees a bit. I am utterly sick and ashamed of walking like a cripple, and it is going to change!

Preparation is helping, of course, got everything ready last night and also started taking my vits again - and I was in bed by 9pm! Life in the fat lane :rolleyes:.

Reduced my cals to 1500, so no allowances for lots of naughty stuff! But have decided to try and take it easy food and drink wise until New Year, then give up alcohol altogether for a bit.

B - ciabatta roll with turkey breast and mayo, decaff
L - scotch broth soup with skinny noodles; smoothie - kale, raspberries, apple, yogurt, lemon, ACV
D - curried mince stew with sugar snap peas, spinach and skinny rice

Total - 1,222

Also going to get myself an early Christmas present - an iPad Pro - and start doing inhouse walking vids in the kitchen

That's great Susie. Now that the house move is sorted and you've settled into the job you have the time to concentrate on yourself.
Day one...roll on

Is there still no word from Tibbs, last we heard she was having an allergic reaction.

No nothing from Tibbs at all - and it's very worrying.

She was going to pm me her home address so I could send the SW books but she didn't get round to it - and I don't know how else we could get in touch with her.

No nothing from Tibbs at all - and it's very worrying.

She was going to pm me her home address so I could send the SW books but she didn't get round to it - and I don't know how else we could get in touch with her.

Has admin a way to check if she is OK..Or is that too intrusive. If she just took a few days off that's understandable but as she wasn't well at the time its worrying, its like I want to pass my poorly neighbours house and peek in the window to ensure they are OK but I don't want to knock on the door and disturb them.

Well done on staying on plan

I've emailed Admin via the Contact Us button, will let you know as/when I hear back.

Dinner was lovely, and quick - will definitely do that again, and have got enough for lunch tomorrow. I had a yogurt and three small bikkies, so have stayed under my 1,500 limit. I am finding it a lot easier to control at work by taking everything with me, and using canned stuff a lot (saves on wastage too) - just add in extra veg and skinny rice or noodles and I feel really full - which stops me snacking on bad stuff.

May every day be like this!

Just in the door, my head down from sheer annoyance at myself - had my lunch, THEN ate half a baguette roll - even though i wasn't hungry!

Won't have any dinner, still very full, so cals will be the same - but overeating is something I'm really struggling with...

Later - having a vino, as I've written a eulogy for my friend, which wasn't easy. Sad.com :(

Deeply sorry to hear about your friend Suzy ((X))

Oh my! I've just finished reading through your posts and I'm mortified that I've had you all so worried! I am very sorry about that..but also very touched that you all care so much..more than my so called friends around me I might add! Big hugs for caring X

Oh and Suzy..I am well jeal about your iPad Pro ..in fact I am green:D gadget queen also loves techy type things:D X

Last edited:
Oh honeybun I'm so pleased you're OK and back, but can completely understand why you weren't posting (just replied to that on your thread).

I have some terrible news - I don't think the IP is all it's cracked up to be. Apart from the initial steam test I haven't used it once, but am going to gird my loins (if I can find them haha) and practice a bit this weekend. I think I'm scared of it :rolleyes:. Will give it another week or so and if i'm still not happy I'll sell it on eBay and buy a slow cooker (there's one with a remote so you can switch it on from work!).

Am holding off on the iPad Pro until I lose some weight and my knees are up to exercising - I have to be sensible about it - but it doesn't stop me looking :D.

Did a SWI and I'm 6lbs down since last Monday, despite shovelling pizza into my gob all weekend, so feel empowered by that to keep on track!

Food is good again today too -

B - sultana bran, soya coconut yogurt, half my juice (same as yesterday)
L - red lentil soup with skinny noodles, the other half of the juice
D - curried mince and skinny rice - leftover from last night, which was lush!

Total 1,092 - so got some wriggle room (uh oh).

I really feel like this can of soup with skinny noodles for lunch is really helping me keep on track; ditto the skinny noodles or rice with dinner.

Oh honeybun I'm so pleased you're OK and back, but can completely understand why you weren't posting (just replied to that on your thread).

I have some terrible news - I don't think the IP is all it's cracked up to be. Apart from the initial steam test I haven't used it once, but am going to gird my loins (if I can find them haha) and practice a bit this weekend. I think I'm scared of it :rolleyes:. Will give it another week or so and if i'm still not happy I'll sell it on eBay and buy a slow cooker (there's one with a remote so you can switch it on from work!).

Am holding off on the iPad Pro until I lose some weight and my knees are up to exercising - I have to be sensible about it - but it doesn't stop me looking :D.

Did a SWI and I'm 6lbs down since last Monday, despite shovelling pizza into my gob all weekend, so feel empowered by that to keep on track!

Food is good again today too -

B - sultana bran, soya coconut yogurt, half my juice (same as yesterday)
L - red lentil soup with skinny noodles, the other half of the juice
D - curried mince and skinny rice - leftover from last night, which was lush!

Total 1,092 - so got some wriggle room (uh oh).

I really feel like this can of soup with skinny noodles for lunch is really helping me keep on track; ditto the skinny noodles or rice with dinner.

Wow, your menu sounds yum and has come in very low. You're getting your head into the game, well done...pull me along with you will you:D that bread I bought yesterday has pushed me off the rails again!
Cans of soup never fill me up enough at lunch time, I wish they would but within an hour I'm wanting something else. I'm fine if I have homemade.
Ah no about the IP, it looked good. Why's it scarey? Is it noisy? Wowza! A slow cooker that can be turned on from another place..in awe:D
Marvellous that you're 6lb down, what an incentive to continue the way you are..wiggle room works for you:) Just think, you wanted to lose a stone for Christmas..you're nearly half way already X

Ah no about the IP, it looked good. Why's it scarey? Is it noisy? Wowza! A slow cooker that can be turned on from another place..in awe:D

I know, right! What a gadget!! (stars in my eyes).

I don't know what it is about the IP - I sort of don't know where to start, even though there are loads of recipes on the interweb.

But we got given loads of whole chickens at work that need using up today so will try cooking a chicken in it and see how we get on - if it doesn't get pinched from the staff fridge...

The soup wouldn't fill me up normally either but skinny noodles/rice are a game changer - they are SO filling. i did have a little bit more than posted - added some lamb koftas and a small slice of gluten free cake. i didn't want the cake but we have a volunteer here, Big Robert, who has a learning disability - he made it and insisted i have some, and it was impossible to say no to him.

How did you get on with the IP chicken Suzie? Once you get the hang of it you might change your opinion on it. I wasn't impressed with the FryAir I bought and thought it was a waste of money but now I really like it and use it loads, I cook all sorts in it. I think the reason I didn't like it at first was due to the fact I wasn't sure how to use it.

Didn't do the chicken in the IP, as it was a roast in the bag type - and was very nice too. I'll try to get to grips with the IP this weekend.

Bad on food last night, over ate again and was really disappointed with myself when i did a SWI this morning and saw it had crept back up. Oh well, back to our regular schedule!

B - large green smoothie (the usual ingredients), plus leftover curried mince with skinny noodles, Alpro yogurt
L - curry mince and butternut squash noodles
D - tomato and basil soup with roast chicken

Total - 1,111 - got room for a glass of wine. a friend is popping round after work :).

Later - well lunch did not go to plan, I ended up also having a pasta salad, 5 ginger thins and two chocolates. I've got to make sure I leave the kitchen as soon as I've finished eating!

Last edited:
Great day at work today - and not too bad on food. Haven't logged it though, ran out of time.

Will be batch cooking this weekend and getting to grips with the IP!

Morning all

Up early for a delivery that hasn't arrived, isn't it always the way...magnesium oil to help with my RLS, a dehumidifier, a tempered glass cover for the phone so it doesn't get smashed to bits again and a load more skinny rice.

A bit chilly out there today, and going to get colder this weekend - wrap up warm folks!

Back