Total Solution Susysu's Diary, i blew it on day 6

susysu

Says it all, day 6 yesterday, had been good all the days before. Didn't like theexante bars so treated myself to a tescoultra slim one at lunchtime and because I knew I would like it I felt differently all morning. I was literally counting down the minutes to lunchtime and instead of just having a shake or bar because I had to, I ate my tesco barand it felt like real food and i could have eaten 5 more!

Got home, husband had gammon steak chips and eggs which looked so good, and I was struggling so bad all night. Sat there trying to justify eating. Had my shake, went to bed and then made an excuse to go downstairs and had a cheese sandwich, crisps and a kitkat stood in the kitchen in secret

Back to bed, woke up feeling so guilty this morning, husband left for work at 4.30 am and this is so bad... I had the oven on before he'd driven off and cooked a replica of his tea, gammon, chips and eggs at 5am!!!!! Chips at 5am, thats just wrong!!!!

I have been lying in bed ever since feeling so bad. I was so proud of myself for sticking to it for 5 days and I couldn't even make it to my first weigh in! ?

not sure what to do now, in the past it's always been once ive broken a diet that's it, but logic says i still have a weigh in to get to tomorrow morning, i cant have undone all my loss from the week can I ?:break_diet:

Last edited:
ummm ! you naughty girl! :eek: That did make me laugh- sorry!!!!!!!!!!! because i bet you really really feel crap now, oh the battle with food cravings eh!. Its so hard when you have a bloke and family to feed i find it especially hard sitting down with them while they enjoy the sunday roast i have just cooked while i choose what flavour soup i am having-yum yum-not! :(.If i was you i would just enjoy today food wise ,dust yourself down and start again tomorrow, good luck and i hope your next post is more positive remember it will soon be summer and you are doing this for you. :p

Ive done that. And worse. Don't feel so bad about it. We have ALL done it. It is SOO hard.

There is a reason you put weight ON. Like most of us your relationship with food is probably a little skewed (apologies if you think its not). And that is not going to fix itself in less than a week ...... So now you know the kind of fight you have got on your hands. We all have to fight for this - we all have demons and old habits and we all have fallen victim to them while trying to diet. And it doesnt matter if its on day six or day sixtysix its equally heartbreaking when you put down the knife and fork and realise that the demons have won out. And usually it wasnt even as nice to eat as you had expected..

I had two blowouts in the first two weeks of this diet. So you are definitely not alone in having done this.

However there is a solution:

With your sane head back on you can fight back. Firstly work out how many calories you just ate and then work out a plan to exercise them off as soon as ever you can. Like today. That gives control back to you and really really works for me to get back on track. Then get back on the diet again RIGHT NOW. If you eat again it only compounds the problem and makes it harder and harder to recover from. Have the shakes you dont like for a few days as punishment!!

At the early stages having a blowout seems like the end of the world - and inside you think "Thats it, I failed". Pity so many people think like that. This diet is NOT a pass or fail situation. It is a journey - not only to lose weight but also to work out why you put on the weight in the first place and how to never put it on again. The only way to really lose is to stop trying.

You have learned something from this morning. Take that knowledge with you and get back on the wagon. You WILL succeed in losing ALL the weight you want to lose if you keep trying. And if you STOP trying , you won't. Simple really.

One other thing. I found that I couldnt last a week without food. THATS why I ate in the early weeks. So I have an aam day every saturday which is planned and organised. That makes the whole diet a lot easier to stick to. And if you MUST eat something, even in the first week, keep it within the aam rules and you will be fine. I do that a lot. Work out what will make this diet work for you and you will succeed.

Best of luck and keep us posted!

Belle

Thanks to you both

i know what i have to do, i need to take it as an isolated incident and get back on it

and no, it wasnt as nice as i thought it was going to be, wish id had some ben and jerrys instead!

so yes, gym today, dog walking and back on shakes.

thank you so much
xxx

oh and watch out for my weigh in tomorrow morning, i shall keep positive and hope for some loss even though it wont be as good as it could have been

Will watch out for your weigh in hoping you have a decent loss it will spur you on, i really am rubbish at sticking to diets(worlds worst). I have shocked myself that i have stuck to this for 5 weeks, you can do it hun stay positive and good luck on weigh in. :D

thank you, have downed a pint of water, had a bath, washed my hair, and am back on it! thank god for this forum

But honestly, chips at 5am, what was i thinking! :)

Aw sweetheart! You've taken a stumble now you just need to get up, dust yourself off and get back on track. That was fantastic getting to Day 6, well done. Don't beat yourself up, it is not an easy diet to follow and you're only human :hug99:

It's about damage limitation now, try to get 'back in the zone'. Belle said it all really :) We're right beside you xxx

"and no, it wasnt as nice as i thought it was going to be, wish id had some ben and jerrys instead!"

How Odd - My first blowout was with a tub of ben and jerrys and I will never eat Ben and Jerrys again. I wasnt nice at all but I searched way down into the tub to see if it got better!!!

Belle

Been there, done that :rolleyes:

Draw a line underneath and carry on!

Remember how bad you feel today and learn from it - when the temptation comes again, and it will, remember how you will feel if you give in!

All the very best for your weigh in :D

Ahhh well done for getting back on track, stay positive and fingers crossed it won't have affected your weight loss too much :hug99: xx

I think Sunday is going to be a tough day for a lot of us :17729:

:eek: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Step away from the bunny! :D

Back