Suze's Diary - Daily Weigher

Oh meant to say I haven't been eating the veg the last week, so does anyone think it affects their weight loss having the 200g of veg? Aso going to buy gherkins. I am assuming its the pickled ones? anyone know

I dont think the veg will hurt. It also will give your bowels something to work on lol

I refused to go supermarket with my partner and youngest today lol. They are just eating homemade cottage pie with homemade yorkshire pudding. I am typing and trying to ignore the look or smell lol

We are all doing so well and need to defo keep eachother on track.

The day seems to be going slow today. Thats the only problem. Makes the packs seem not enough on long days lol

I wasn't having the veg / salad to start with (up until I had my break in the 6th week) but I have been having it since. Does it slow down weight loss? Not 100% sure but it sure makes the diet easier. Some people do S&S with good losses with 4 packs per day so I don't see why a few veggies should make a huge difference as long as you don't go mad.

My main motivation for introducing the veggies was the reason that fuffs gave ie gives your bowels something to work on :). I was only managing to 'go' once a week on this diet when I was only doing the packs, but with the veggies it's twice a week and easier (TMI :)).

The list of veggies is here if you get stuck again:

http://www.slimandsave.co.uk/vlcd-values/Full-VLCD-Programme.pdf

Or look at the Atkins Induction veggies as there are a few different ones on that list and it's nice to have a bit of variety:

Phase 1 Acceptable Food - Atkins.com

Oh, and I'm not a gherkin person but I think you'd need to check that the stuff they are pickled in doesn't have added sugar.

Uhh me and oh just went shopping and I skimmed the label and had sugar in the gherkins, so just left them. Had yellow pepper, mushrooms and shallots in with my cottage pie, and now nibbling on cucumber :) feel much happier about diet than I did earlier on :) will let you know about the weight loss aspect :) won't be having them tomoz as going to have 3 shakes as been having the cottage pie at the weekend as a treat :) might just save my veg for weekends.

I also have my cottage pie for weekends. Had it for the first time today and if I hadnt seasoned it, not sure what it would have tasted like lol

Glad you feel better about your diet now :)

I lost 1lb overnight so very happy veg didnt affect it and tested with ketostix and still in ketosis :) weigh 15 11.5 woo half a pound to go till the stone. Going out with oh for lunch im going to have skinny cappuccino with sweetners. Not be having any other milk today tho so should be ok.

Hmm stayed the same this morn, was bound to happen eventually, now on day 10 of my diet having lost 13.5lbs, so still very happy! Only 30 more days to go (probably!) so 25% down.. Perhaps it was the skimmed milk in my cap that I really enjoyed yesterday :) but its prob just natural for my body not to loose weight every day. My delivery of different meals are coming today.. woo :)

Oh and went a wander through the shops and tried on a few dresses and I felt really optimistic after as they are defo fitting better on me, may have found my xmas night out dress :)

Well done you! It's lovely to lose every day but there will be days when you don't. Just don't let the lack of a daily loss get you down and keep focussing on the bigger picture and the end goal.

I've bought a few clothes in the next size down. I can get them on but too tight to wear really but another 7 - 14lbs should do it. I do have clothes in that size that I was wearing last time I was that size but I decided I didn't like most of them so a few news ones were needed for motivation :).

Most of my clothes at my slimmest are mainly summer clothes so maybe next summer I will be in them. Is this a bit sad? I am excited about dinner tonight!! I am getting to try spag bol for the first time... wooo only had cottage pie so far. Decided to go back to WW tomorrow night to get an official weigh in, heck if I loose more than 5lbs a week I will just say I am doing a final push for christmas, it will only be 5 weigh in's and the first can be explained cause ive not been there for a good while, but the other 4 I will just say I have been working hard, okay not with WW.

Does anyone ever feel like they are cheating a bit? As in this is not the 'right' way to loose weight. I feel like that a little, not got a clue why, perhaps cause I am loosing so fast I must be cheating some how?

Oh and have walked 5 miles today :) yey I wear my WW pedometer everyday to see how far I go :)

Nope, definitely don't feel like it's cheating :). Too hard to be considered cheating!

How did you like the spag bol? I really like it.

I wouldn't tell anyone at WW what you're doing though. There was someone on one of the VLCD boards who said that they were going to join SW to get officially weighed whilst following the VLCD and someone who was doing SW said that they'd be really annoyed if they found out someone was doing a VLCD whilst attending SW. Personally I don't see what difference it really makes because surely it's your own WI that is important, not anyone elses.

oh really! thats interesting, its not like its a competition at WW as to who has lost the most weight that week so I dont see how others would be annoyed. Perhaps SW is different, maybe they get biggest loser awards or something. I dont stay for the class either as its at 7pm and norm I dont have tea before I go so am starving! So they wouldnt mention my weight losses either, so really I am not harming anyone and since I pay £20 a month automatically then I am still going to go and I will be going back to the WW plan eventually. Listen to me justifying myself :) no one has moaned about it!

Oh spag bol was really good! Added the usual chilli powder, basil, salt n pepper, peppers, mushrooms and shallots to it and its like a full meal :)

SW have awards like slimmer of the week and slimmer of the month so I can see why it would piss people off. I couldn't go to SW whilst on a VLCD until I was starting to get back on food as I would feel like I was cheating the other members of the group.

Well that explains why a SW person would be annoyed :) Ack the other person should have gone to WW they don't give you awards -for the money you pay they should tho! All I will be doing is going to the class with my wee card and getting weighed then she will tell me how much I have lost/gained and write it down then I will leave :) that's it. To be honest I dont find my class leader that motivational, she not very chatty. Will only ever say 'well done' and that's it! Not oh your doing well you must feel it now, or if I was rubbish she would never ask me why? Which I think she should. I also went to Scottish Slimmers for nearly 3 years prior to this and loved it. At my heaviest I was 17 11, then lost 5st with them, then put 2 on (over 3/4 years and went to WW for a change before my wedding for something new and lost 3 with them I would have stuck to SS if it wasn't for the WW website/tracker and the other gadgets like the pedometer etc.

That sounds really bad Suze. When I first started SW our consultant wasn't very motivational but after a month they retired and we got a new one who was great. Really really just wanted to help you (though she was a bit ditzy bless). After a few months me and one of my friends ended up on the welcome committee (money and weighing). We used to always sit there and tell everyone how good they were doing or give them something motivational if it hadn't been such a good week. My C used to always tell me I should have become a C. It does make a total difference though.

Argh just weighed myself i have stayed the same again! Grrr going to cut out veggies again n just plain water nothing else, no point of not loosing weight for a bit of veg n coke zero! I even walked for 5 miles yesterday grrr defo still in ketosis just checked. Giving it a few more days if ive not lost anything by sunday i dont think i.will be doing this.

You will absolutely not lose every day so don't let it get to you too much. TOTM affects losses too so it may depend if you're coming up to that or not. Having said that I'm cutting down on the veggies from today too due to being annoyed by my crap losses. It's impossible to consume such a low number of calories and not lose weight - just focus on that.

I just went over my intake of cals and carbs yesterday incase it was that. I don't get the TOTM anymore after getting the insert thingy after having baby, not sure why but happens to some of us, sure it will come back if I get it taken out when I have me next one :) So won't have that problem.

So yesterday I had 518cals and 60g of carbs. Didn't realise my carbs were that much. So as said before going to reduce a few things, like just water etc. Still as you said our recommended intake of cals is 2000. So if I consume a quarter of that then I must loose weight at some point. Oh and the walk too, that obviously burned of a fair bit. :)

Oh and decided to extend my deadline of no weight loses till next wed. Got my WW weigh in tonight so will prob go with their official weigh in rather than my own dodge bathroom scales :) I really have to stop moaning, i have lost 13.5lbs in 11 days haha :) i should be blinking estatic! not down cause I have not lost over the last 2 days.

Back