Suze's Diary - Daily Weigher

Went to my WW weigh in, they weighed me at 15st 11.5lbs which was not bad for that time at night. I dont know if I should now use Wed as my weigh in day. Leader didnt say much, just is it what I expected. I said yeah I have scales at home :)

You're doing fantastically well. Nothing like a good drop on the scales to keep you on track is there!

Suze, you are doing sooo well. Well done for sticking at it :) x

Got a challenge over the next few days. Its my dads bday n we r going for a family lunch tommorow. Im thinking of just getting a coffee, what do you's think/do? Worried i will will look a bit weird, then tues im going to see the artic monkeys and will defo be drinking n jpt sure ir i should eat proper food before it or just my normwl meal? Then the dreaded hangover im notrious for having the hangover muchies! Planning on beingh 100% from then on till the 1st dec. I always new that i would he doing this diet with those dates in the way and they have came so fast!

So any suggestions? What would you do? I am defo drinking so not going.back on that!

For drinking, some say you should come out of ketosis to do it on a VLCD as it can be dangerous. There are threads on this site about it somewhere. Can be very umpleasant.

Otherwise, if you eat out with family, just eat the protein and none starchy veg on your plate.

If you have a coffee, make it black with some milk or cream. Do not have a cappucino or latte, as the milk contains a lot of carbs.

Good luck :)

When I went for a drink with friends on about week 6 I had 2 vodka and slimline tonics. It was pretty low carb and the same calories as a mealpack :). I felt absolutely fine and I'm sure I could have had another one with no ill effects. I also stayed in ketosis no problem. If you want to drink more than that and something different to vodka I would accept that you are going to come out of ketosis and have a sandwich or something carby that will take you out at lunchtime before you go and you'll feel better.

As for the meal well you can either sit and watch them eat and have a coffee or you could have a low cal / low carb meal to keep in ketosis. I had a 40th birthday lunch recently and had a chicken burger and salad. I dispensed with the bread and the chips and just had the chicken breast and salad. It was nice. The friend whose birthday it was is on LL so she had her first non mealpack meal since starting and had prawns and some salad. We both remained in ketosis. So you just need to decide what's right for you.

Yeah I am planning on vodka and Diet Coke which I know has citric acid I am not a fan of tonic unless its with Gin, and even then I can only drink a couple of them. I will see if they have coke zero to try and keep it down and will just take it easy I tend to know when I have had enough. Normally I could drink up erm 15 vodkas on a night out or more... would still be with diet coke. Hahaha I just read that back I know my limits yet drink 15 vodkas haha I know I will not be able to drink that much! I guess I am not worried about not losing after it as I have been planning on the night out for a while, I just don't want to crazy and put on lots! Argh right I think I will have a chicken and plain salad tomoz and the same the tues night before drinking, think we are going for a quick bite to eat before it too will ask for no dressing etc, will prob go for beef if they have it for a change :) Do you think that will soak up the booze a little? I may put a bit on but aslong as I loose it after and as I said I am on it for another 3 weeks after it :) So still have time to get in to the 14's :)

Oh and if I ordered a chicken burger and fries I really dont think I could resist the chips and bun!! Well done for doing that!! That's just too much temptation, I am just going to be the fussy customer and ask for no dressing etc.
This is what I am going for, looked at the menu :) So the poato salad, cous cous and pasta salad is out, what about coleslaw?

Cajun spiced chicken breast salad platter with mixed leaves, potato salad, cous cous, coleslaw and pasta salad

I think the coleslaw is quite calorific. I looked at the nutritional values of Tesco Finest and 1 tablespoon (50g) is 2.1 carbs but 145 calories! You'd possibly get away with a little bit of couscous if you don't mind the calories. Or maybe you could ask for extra leaves as you're on a special diet? If you did want a bit of salad dressing you could maybe take a tiny bit of your own? The lowest calorie / carb dressings you can find should be ok.

I just said chicken burger with no bun and no chips and then it was done :). In the event they did deliver the chips in a separate bowl and I gave them away. Didn't fancy them much to be honest and I was full after the salad and chicken anyway. Wonders will never cease :)

I think I was more focused on staying low carb rather than low cal to stay in ketosis but after a bit of searching on the website realised that its not just about low carbs and the cals will make me gain weight but stay in ketosis, and I obviously want to loose weight more! So just some leaves and chicken will do :)

Yes it's also about the calories as otherwise we'd all do just as well on Atkins as a VLCD

I think a lot of people do this as well because its easy to plan your meals and you dont have to think about what you eat, just take a pack and thats it.

Oh yes, definitely. That's why I did it and why it works for a lot of people who fail on other diets because it's so cut and dried re what you can have, and I always go off the rails when I have to make a decision about what I can have and what I can't. :) Plus the fact that you get quick results and if you have a substantial amount to lose you need quick results to keep the motivation going otherwise it can take you years to get to goal. I intend to get near goal and then start to refeed and lose the rest on a more 'normal' diet. We'll see though as I'm a long way off that decision yet.

Well i got through the chicken salad day and even lost 0.5lbs. I kinda wish i put on weight lol as it would of totally put me off ad hoc meals, but dontthink the weight loss was a good thing lol still 100% today but i keep thinking well if i ate that chicken lost weight...... Argh!

Yeah well if you kept eating ad hoc meals it wouldn't be long before a. you wouldn't continue to lose the weight (or not at the rate you're after) and b. you blew the diet so keep that in mind :).

Yeah i know its harder having a bit of food than none at all :)

I am thinking of extending it to the 23rd dec now n having a 4 day break at my bday n a day at my xmas nite out. Prob best to get as much off before xmas

Yeah, I'm thinking of extending mine until much nearer Xmas too now. I was going to break when my office Xmas do came around but that's been arranged early now (9th) and if I want to lose 4 stone this side of Xmas I'll need to be on this for more than 4 more weeks and anyway it'll give me too much time to put weight on if I break too early. So now I'm going to break on 9th for my office do. Have the weekend off suffering from a hangover :D and get back on when I return to work Monday 12th and try to stick it out for a couple more weeks before breaking for Xmas. Should then have about 2 stone to shift in the New Year - simples :)

Back