SW - 6st to lose! Anyone want a buddy??

Ela ine

Yeah I find it much easier plus you don't have to be overly conscious of the 1/3 super free obviously that helps but not essential. I do a lot of shifts so find it much easier to grab a jacket potato from the cafe rather than preparing something at home!!

I don't tend to cut meat on green or carbs on red I use it for syns one bc then I don't feel like I'm missing out and dinner time but also so I'm not using syns on high cal or sugar/fatty foods which I tended to do on ee!!!

Let me know how it all goes!!! :)
Happy loosing xxx

I'm doing SW and yes, I do have a significant amount to lose, any support we can give each other will be a real bonus. :)

I'd like to join you all if that's OK :) I have about five stone to lose. I started SW last week - am doing the online plan too. (I found that in the past if I had a bad week I couldn't make myself go to class, so I just dropped the diet entirely; hopefully being accountable just to myself will help me break this "all or nothing" mentality).

How's everyone doing? I find weekends the most difficult... hard to be virtuous when the boyfriend is eating crisps right next to me! :rolleyes: (I shall stay strong!)

Hi guys - how is everyone doing? I have lost half a stone since 5th jan - considering how much I have to lose, it's not great! Still motivated but expected to lose more to being with. Perhaps my expectations are too high. I've been switching between ee and green but have decided this week to stick to ee all week and cut out bread - I weigh in on weds so we shall see.

Anyone else experiencing the same thing?? x

Much better off than on, Natalie! That's half a stone no longer weighing you down :) And just think - if you lose half a stone every month, you'll be over five stone lighter by the end of the year.

Me too! Me too!

My final goal is flexible at the mo - I think I'm aiming to be at least 12st but will decide for definite once I get a bit closer. So I started with at least 6st 10.5lbs to lose. I've just hit my first stone and am all boingy today.

Well done to everyone for their losses so far and good luck for this week's WI.

Congratulations vitzy82 and good luck for your pre-dress shopping target.

Who la Hoop - I find weekends difficult too. I think it's the lack of structure, no set break times like there are at work. I moved my WI to a Saturday. That way, if I fall off my diet wagon over the weekend, I have all week to get back on!

Room for a not so little one? I've got in the region of 10 stone to lose. I am doing sw online, as this forces me to weigh weekly. I have a long history of revolving loss/gain dieting and really want to succeed this time. Would like to shift the weight in about 18 months, but not sure if this is realistic?

LoubyLou1974 said:
Who la Hoop - I find weekends difficult too. I think it's the lack of structure, no set break times like there are at work. I moved my WI to a Saturday. That way, if I fall off my diet wagon over the weekend, I have all week to get back on!

I agree in terms of weekend, I moved WI to Sunday as this forces me to eat sensibly on a Saturday night - or my high risk of losing the dieting plot night as I tend to call it!

Hi all!

Sorry not been around few days. This week I have had an amazing loss of 7lbs in 3days! mainly due to having incredible stomach pains so I couldn't eat or walk!! so not so good and expect it will come back on once I can eat properly. I don't mind as long as the pain doesn't come back! Dunno what's caused it and dr asked me to come back for some tests.

I have started eating a little bit, mainly crackers but hope to get back on diet asap. Had a very indulgent weekend (as was my bday) so dunno if that caused it and I'm suspecting I may have IBS. First time I've had such terrible pain.

How is everyone doing?

I also weigh in on Sundays as it helps keeps weekends under control

Well done re 7 lbs but what a painful way to lose it. Hope you feel better with no return of pain :) ps happy birthday!

Hi Zinz

If only weight would fall off that fast normally lol i don't expect it to stay off once start eating normally which hopefully is soon as my appetite is returning but that's fine. Im just glad pain has gone and i can eat! I was just shocked! Pain was horrendous and hope it doesn't return either.

I got some lovely sw recipe books given to my by a colleague so looking forward to reading through them now.

I am tempted to try smash pizza as soon as I'm back to normal, sounds yum!

Hope sw going well for you xx

Morning fellow dieters,

I would love to know how I can wake up in the morning, in essence the same as any other morning; and know that the temptation/failure imp is sitting on my shoulder. Been awake 45 mins and already feel that today will be a struggle in terms of food! What's that about? Does anyone else get this, and any tips for shifting the feeling? :(

Also wondering if there are certain points where this happens I restarted (never ending diet) on 6 th February, are there equivalents of the seven year itch (the thirteen day diet tempt?) in dieting?

Thoughts / solutions on a postcard please!

Hi ZinZ, I also wake up with this feeling sometimes, normally into my third/fourth week. Try make sure on these days you have ALL your food 'scheduled' for the day so your just eating off your food diary. In your head it's kinda like a challenge to stick to it more on those days. Try and avoid temptation areas and if it does arise I try and say to myself ' ok so I could have that but it's my choice not to as I know how I'll feel if I don't or think if i have it how will i feel this evening when i really wanna use some of my syns for something nice?' doesn't always work and sometimes you will crave but it's just another day of 7!

I should add I've also had dreams when I've started a new diet then been forced to eat rubbish - bizarre right? Think fear of wanting it so much and failing especially if it's not your first attempt at a new diet !

Hi Vitzy82, Good advice re tempt imp. I'm rubbish in terms of planning. Always on green but eat fish/shellfish no meat. Have the right food in the house so no tempts here. But easy to eat rubbish at lunchtime at work or grab some rubbish from shops on the way home. Like the hint re telling yourself you have a choice, as sometimes I almost feel compelled to eat rubbish (goodness does anyone have a healthy relationship with food). Think your dream situation tricky. I often dream I'm eating fab stuff and wake up ravenous, but never force fed. Yes I seem to recall third week temptations - goodness long way to go. Thanks xxx

Hi All
I am joining after a not so bad Xmas but a disasterous January and February. Can't seem to get back in line, hope joining up will give me the kick in the bum I need.
I have lost 1 stone 3lbs since September have another 4 stone to go at least. Intend to take it a stone at a time
Weigh in Thursday

No probs Zinz :) how did your day go? My appetite has returned today! Trying not to overdo it though and focus on healthier things. Bit wary of anything to rich at the mo! Got my nieces bday sun - 1 year old and think my bro planned small party so will have to b careful there.

Hope u and everyone has a synn free (maybe not sin free lol) weekend!

bailey52 said:
Hi All
I am joining after a not so bad Xmas but a disasterous January and February. Can't seem to get back in line, hope joining up will give me the kick in the bum I need.
I have lost 1 stone 3lbs since September have another 4 stone to go at least. Intend to take it a stone at a time
Weigh in Thursday

Welcome and good luck bailey!

Back