SW and Exercise

I go spinning between 4-6 times a week and each class is either 45mins or 60mins. I also invested in a heart rate monitor so i could see just how many calories I was actually burning in each class.

An average 45min class, I come out absolutley drenched and i will burn around 450 cals which if you compare that to the amount of cals in a chocolate bar it really makes you think!!

Well a week into Operation Exercise and I can confirm it works!! (For me, anyhow!).

-2.5lb this week after a Zumba sesh and 20km on the exercise bike over 4 sessions...

Same again this week, alradly 10k down on the bike though so maybe more xxxxxx

Well done Mancbird!! That is a great start!

I was thinking of getting an exercise bike when we move (next month) as the gyms in the area are a bit rubbish and the bike will probably cost the same as the membership.

I really enjoyed the recumbant bike at the old gym as I could read a book while I peddled away :D

Glad it is working for you :) Can't wait to see the lbs coming off myself.

I lost 1/2in from my bust and right bicep!?!?! this week but no weight so I am spurred on to try harder this week.

I am on week 3 for the C25K and i started the 30day shred last night.
I do enjoy exercise once i start, for me it is just getting started.

I have just started C25K - this morning in fact! I am soooo unfit, but have signed up to do a race for life in June with a fit friend, so that's my motivation!

I also have a wii fit and need to get back into it - I've got biggest loser for the wii too, which is pretty good.

My problem is that I start off full of good intentions, and quickly fall by the wayside! :eek:

I have just started C25K - this morning in fact! I am soooo unfit, but have signed up to do a race for life in June with a fit friend, so that's my motivation!

I also have a wii fit and need to get back into it - I've got biggest loser for the wii too, which is pretty good.

My problem is that I start off full of good intentions, and quickly fall by the wayside! :eek:

put the c25k on your signature. i guarantee you that it is really hard at first but it does get better and very rewarding. i got up to week5 day3 last year but i really hurt my ankle and couldnt continue. i found it sooo hard to begin and i couldnt have imagined being able to get to week 5. but you will.

i am in total shock u can buy an exercise bike for the wii, i hated wii now i really hate wii

Ooh think I will give zumba a try, and then when I have got my fitness up have a go at spinning. I tried a legs bums and tums class a few months ago thinking it would be ok as in my head old ladies did it, could not have been more wrong, I nearly passed out, and struggled with stairs for a fair few days afterwards! Really really need to get fit, and have promised myself I will use my very expensive gym membership at least twice a week, starting tomorrow, wish me luck!

I usually do an hours class of Body Combat a week but that's not helped me lose weight so I started SW diet again after 3 years. I'm trying to start on the Wii again too just doing 30 mins a day. Last week managed to lose 3lbs but haven't done any excercise this week at all because I haven't been feeling well so I guess I will have put the 3lbs back on by my next weigh in!

i got my exercise bike from freecycle. it is a brilliant one.
quite often see exercise equipment on there. i would recommend joining your local "freecycle" site and seeing what you possibly pick up.

Hi
I'm trying to get more pro exercise. Have dusted off my Wii board and try to do that twice a week :( and today a walk to the shops and town instead of hopping in the car:sigh:

i got my exercise bike from freecycle. it is a brilliant one.
quite often see exercise equipment on there. i would recommend joining your local "freecycle" site and seeing what you possibly pick up.

My mother in law is a huge fan of freecycle, I didn't realise there was gym equipment on there too. Will have to ask her to keep an eye out for me, thanks for the tip :thanks:

Did another 20mins on the Wii this morning and have decided to clean the house from top to bottom this weekend which should add a bit more to the total for the week :D

Am really happy with myself for going back to it this morning. My house sale fell through yesterday afternoon (my buyer lied on her application so they revoked her mortgage!) since we were meant to move next week I was feeling very down last night.

I always feel more positive when I have done my exercise in the morning, it seems to keep me up for the rest of the day.

Am going to have a look into the 25k thing, I hadn't heard of it before but maybe an exercise goal is another way to keep me motivated :)

juju, sorry to hear about your house sale falling through.

I had been been 1-1 1/2 on the wii most days (5 out of 7) but my losses have really slowed down since I started it & last week despite plenty of exercise on the wii & 100% on plan I sts which was frustrating so this week I have dusted down my crosstrainer & have decided to try to do 5k on it 5 times this week followed by 30-45 minutes of yoga & muscle workouts on the wii to see if that will help kickstart decent losses again. I never thought I would say it but 2 days in & I am feeling great...soo much more energy & everything so maybe this isnt a bad thing.

I'm really interested in the c25k too but as I could only get out in the evenings I think I'll wait until the lighter evenings come in but it sounds like a great programme :D

That looks really good and not too hard to start either.
Think I will give it a go when the weather changes, I live on lanes so tend to go out walking/jogging when there is still daylight after work :)
Don't fancy getting squished in my pursuit for a better botty :D

Hi Sweetpink,

Thanks for that, I am a little gutted obviously but am happy that I haven't given up on exercising :)

I STS last week too so I need to add some more variety to my exercise routine. I have several DVD's (now to be unpacked!!) that I think I will start giving a go next week. Fingers crossed for both of us on some good losses this week.

Let me know how it goes :)

Thanks juju,

Let me know how you get on with the dvd's & which ones you would recommend. I've everything crossed for a loss this week :D

I've started going swimming 3 times a week (I'm too big to run etc) so hoping this will help a bit.

It's only a small pool, but I did do over 20 lengths today, slow lengths mind, but it's a start I guess.

Back