SW and Exercise

juju79

So I've been doing this for a while now and am getting my head around the plan but I keep falling off the wagon. So I put my foot down last week and have been really good about sticking to plan and lost 2lbs! :cool:
What I really want though is to start feeling more healthy as well.
I've started exercising in the morning (first time today!) and will be doing about 20mins each day :whacky068:
Has anybody else added exercise like this into their day? Do you lose weight quicker or just feel better physically? How long did it take for you to start noticing the difference?
I tend to ruin my diets :17729: by having too high an expectation of what will happen and really want to stick to this one.

Any comments are very welcome :D

Here's to handcuffing myself to the wagon for the last time :rolleyes:

I'm used to walking everywhere, but because i'm not working at the moment, i'm walking to the village shop every day to get my sun (collecting the tokens) and a curly wurly. Works out just under 2 miles (our village is essentially just one very, very long road!)

I'm going to start jogging again in the next week or so, but thought I'd ease myself back in with some walking first.

I do an exercise dvd on average 4 times a week. I love it, i really do. Now i'm in a routine it doesn't seem like i have to 'fit' it into my day anymore.

My body shape has changed so much that i'm thinking for bringing my target back up 7lbs, i actually think i will be too thin at 133lbs...i like my bum now and don't want a bony one haha ;)

I think everyone should be doing it, i very rarely feel down now...best solution for feeling poopy i say, and it keeps your metabolism revved up for a full 24hrs afterwards...what's not to like?

I'm gonna go the gym tonight but have to wait for hubby to get in about 6.30 which is a bit late for me but still, I need to go.

I am gonna have my first weigh in there too, not looking forward to it as I feel like I haven't lost any weight and I am just soooo bloated my tummy hurts!

Lesley x

I used to go on my exercise bike all the time until it broke and I think it helped contribute to my weight gain. I used to rely on it an awful lot. I am going to make more of an effort with my wii fitness coach, wii fit board and zumba classes... until I can get a new bike haha.

I do an exercise dvd on average 4 times a week. I love it, i really do. Now i'm in a routine it doesn't seem like i have to 'fit' it into my day anymore...

...I think everyone should be doing it, i very rarely feel down now...best solution for feeling poopy i say, and it keeps your metabolism revved up for a full 24hrs afterwards...what's not to like?

Great post. It's inspiring me to move my fat derriere!

I am going to make more of an effort with my wii fitness coach, wii fit board and zumba classes... until I can get a new bike haha.

What are the Zumba classes like? I'm quite big and worry about not being able to keep up. Are they for all types or would it be best to spend a couple of weeks working up to it?

Thanks for the posts everyone! It would be nice to keep this one going if we can, I for one am getting quite motivated knowing what everyone else is doing :D

As for today I hit the Wii again and got 10mins of dancing in (overslept) but am happy that I did it! My minimum is 10mins a day so I am still sticking to my plan :)

Hey guys I workout 6 days a week, weighin day is my rest day!usually 4 days a week is 30mins running, a 10k bike ride then the stepper for 20mins and I'm following a four day split weights program. And then I go to Bootcamp twice a week which is the best class ever I love it!!

My body shape has changed an unreal amount and I got measured last night, 5 inches off my chest & hips and 4 inches off my waist!
But for me the exercise Is more about me feeling great about myself, I crave those feel-good endorphins you get after a workout, and I'm always happy when I get in those scales!!

Highly recommend it for health and the feel good factor if nothing else, and helps me sleep better too

Hey guys I workout 6 days a week, weighin day is my rest day!usually 4 days a week is 30mins running, a 10k bike ride then the stepper for 20mins and I'm following a four day split weights program. And then I go to Bootcamp twice a week which is the best class ever I love it!!

My body shape has changed an unreal amount and I got measured last night, 5 inches off my chest & hips and 4 inches off my waist!
But for me the exercise Is more about me feeling great about myself, I crave those feel-good endorphins you get after a workout, and I'm always happy when I get in those scales!!

Highly recommend it for health and the feel good factor if nothing else, and helps me sleep better too

Wow you can really see the results in your stats. Well done you really deserve your incredible results

I started sw in 2009 and never did any exercise until about 6 months into doing the plan. The weight came off slowly for me but I was just happy to be losing. Since exercising I have noticed a big difference in my body shape, it is well worth taking your measurements regularly as some weeks when I didn't lose the lbs on the scales I was losing inches from my figure.
In a month I lost 4 inches from my thighs which I was thrilled about, especially as this was one of my problem areas when I was overweight.
In general the exercise made me feel a hell of alot better in myself too, I used to always suffer with sleeping. Never slept well at all but since doing the exercise I have a much better night's sleep.
I hope this helps. xxx

I cannot speak highly enough of Zumba!! I am a complete beginner to exercise and have been doing it for 8 weeks, its so much fun and there are classes all over the UK, check out the website just Google Zumba Fitness.

I also use Davina's DVD which is amazing and am buying an exercise bike (a Davina one lol) from Argos this weekend to shake things up... I am at a stage now where in order to continue to lose I need to up the exercise so time to do something about it!!

Good luck hun xxxxxxx

I cannot speak highly enough of Zumba!! I am a complete beginner to exercise and have been doing it for 8 weeks, its so much fun and there are classes all over the UK, check out the website just Google Zumba Fitness.

Think I will give it a whirl hun, thanks!

At home I have lots of fun on the Wii but think I need a little more structured exercise so I can't just turn it off :D Zumba looked like so much fun, glad you are enjoying it too. There is a class in Altrincham so think I will give it a go :)

Also I got another 15mins in on the Wii this morning so i have my 45mins for the week, will deffo be carrying on but it is nice to know I am on track for getting my first bronze star :)

Think I will give it a whirl hun, thanks!

At home I have lots of fun on the Wii but think I need a little more structured exercise so I can't just turn it off :D Zumba looked like so much fun, glad you are enjoying it too. There is a class in Altrincham so think I will give it a go :)

Also I got another 15mins in on the Wii this morning so i have my 45mins for the week, will deffo be carrying on but it is nice to know I am on track for getting my first bronze star :)

OMG!

Monday nights, 6.15pm at the Alty Leisure Centre... thats my class!! xxxx

My sister does zumba every week, she's 70! and loves it. We don't have a class round here but I think they're bringing it out for the wii soon.
2 years ago I did ea sports active on the wii and totally changed my shape. My weight didn't really go down for 4 weeks (retaining water in muscles) but I lost 2" off both my hips and waist and an inch off my bust in that time. I wish I'd measured my knees cos I lost the pad of fat on the inside. This time I've measured everything!
Long story, after being v ill with stress/anxiety and having to retire the weight went back on, (not all of it) and I've started again. I decided my body wasn't ready for easa yet so I went back to the wii. Now on wiifit plus I do the cycling, (walking on the spot really, but you work harder to go up hills) and on the expert level I can't find all the flags, so you spend far longer than you think doing it. 40 mins the other day. And the run round the island takes 12 mins. If you get bored with the route then you run past the dog/cat and they take you a different route! (not the first time tho)
I've done 2 days on the biggest loser, I hate Gillian so I have Bob, and I've a fancy to try the kick boxing on there.
I picked up a triple dvd of Rosemary Conley dvds in Morrisons the other day for £6 so I have plenty of variety.

Hi Judimac, thanks for the post it has ben really helpful.
I have been exercising everyday now for 20mins each morning and at WI yesterday I had maintained, glad to see others have the same issue when starting to exercise again :)

I have measured myself too and can't wait to see all the numbers go down :D

Let us know how you get on with the kickboxing, I used to do Tai-bo and loved the high energy, will be working my way back up to that one though :rolleyes:

I hadn't heard they were doing Zumba for the Wii, that sounds great, will have to keep an eye out.

I re started slimming world last Monday and already have been doing an hour's workout on the Wii everyday (split into 2 half hours) and I have noticed a huge difference already! Aside from unlocking more reps on the muscle workout, i'm doing over half an hour cycling, jogging, free step, rhythm boxing and super hula hoop. The more you do it the more it pushes you to move up a level and I can definitely see the difference in my body! I feel better, more fitter and i've lost an inch off my waist and 0.5 inch on my thighs and arms. :D :D this week I've started to do 1.5 - 2 hours and do lots of boxing on the Wii Sports. I think as long as you find something you enjoy doing you will be less inclined to giving up.

I originally started SW back in Sept 2010 and although I managed to lose 10 pounds in 6 weeks, my weight loss slowed down a lot because I wasn't pushing myself enough in terms of exercise. I stuck to my old routine's and beginner levels and as my body got fitter I wasn't really exercising it hard enough. You definitely reap the rewards with body magic!

Hi Mala23 :)

That is really good going! I am still doing 20mins every morning though I did do 35mins this morning and I could really feel it on the last game. Think I will try and move it up to 30mins each day before I push further again :)

I am loving the Wii again as I haven't done anything with it in so long!

Keep up the good work and well done on the great losses :D

I've been doing 30 - 40 mins on the wii too at least 5 days a week. I have come up with a new cunning plan to fit some exercise in, i'm going to drive my daughter to playgroup and leave the car there, walk home and back to collect her, at least 3 times a week is my goal. That will give me 3 miles a day extra walking and i can walk at a decent pace without her!

Bee x

That sounds like a really good plan! When the weather changes to a bit sunnier in the evenings I am going to start walking to the shops after work to pick up extras. The walk takes you through an unlit park which I don't fancy doing in the dark.
Since I go to the shop at least twice a week I thought it might be a nice way of adding to my exercise.

I've also found a new App I really like called Workout Trainer which is quite fun to use, so will be adding that one in at the weekends I think.

My eventual goal is to do an hour every day whether that's on the Wii, videos or doing the garden etc. I can't believe how much better I am feeling each day just from the little I am doing each morning :D

Last edited:
Back