SW Chips

Becky-Hill

Hi i was reading a thread a few moments ago and saw how some of you have said that you burn your slimming world chips. HOW? I can't seem to get mine to brown off. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I part boil them (well i sort of boil them properly till their all soft) then i put them on a baking tray, spray with fry lite and then cook them on about 7 for 45 minutes and they are still white!

I put mine in the microwave in boiling water for about 6 mins. When I'm happy that they're soft enough inside but not soggy enough to turn to mush I drain them, spray them with frylight, put them in a preheated oven on high and leave them for 20-30 mins. Lovely!!

Exactly the same happens to me. I actually made these about 2 hours ago. They're so tasty and filling but I tend not to cook them because they take so long so I know I'll get hungry and start picking.

Definitely put the oven right up on high, put them in the hottest part of the oven, spray the tray you put them on as well as the chips, and make sure you turn them over (individually if you have to) part way through - this last bit seems to make all the difference!

I used to think they took ages but now I think I have mastered it. Not counting the 6 mins that I zap them in the microwave (in boiling water) they now take about the same time as regular oven chips.

Hi i was reading a thread a few moments ago and saw how some of you have said that you burn your slimming world chips. HOW? I can't seem to get mine to brown off. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I part boil them (well i sort of boil them properly till their all soft) then i put them on a baking tray, spray with fry lite and then cook them on about 7 for 45 minutes and they are still white!

Are you shaking them up before they go in the oven? that might help a little?
I sprinkle a little salt over mine just before I pop them in the oven... the salt dries them out so they come out all lovely and crispy - plus it adds a little flavour! :D Hope this helps? :)

I have an electric fan oven and they take about 20/25 minutes on the highest setting. I think king edwards make the best sw chips.

If you make lots, you can reheat the leftovers in the oven the next day, they'll only take about 10 minutes.

Are you spraying enough FryLight on them before you put them in the oven? Also, because they're cooked (I nuke mine too), all you're doing is browning and firming the outsides so why not try the grill? That's what I do when I'm too impatient to wait!

SW chips are fabulous.

I have an electric fan oven and they take about 20/25 minutes on the highest setting. I think king edwards make the best sw chips.

If you make lots, you can reheat the leftovers in the oven the next day, they'll only take about 10 minutes.

LEFTOVERS..;);)
ARE YOU HAVING A LAUGH ??:8855::8855:
dont do leftovers....clean my plate!!!!!

Have any of you tried SW chips made with sweet potatoes instead of ordinary potatoes? I gave up on normal ones as they took too long to cook (and I couldn't be bothered with parboiling them), with sweet potatoes you don't need to parboil them, just cut them into chips, spray with frylight and sprinkle with paprika then cook them for 20 minutes on 200c, they are much nicer than normal chips!

I use hottest oven and heat the baking tray with frylight on it while my pre-boiled chips are drying off a little on kitchen paper.

Back