SW Chips...

mumto4

How does everyone make them? I hvae tried par boiling first and they just go mushy so i just bun them straight in the oven but the outsides seem to start to burn and go brown but not crispy and the middle is not done, also all i can taste is fry light lol.
I have changed the temp of the oven numerous times, tried putting them on different shelves etc etc. I still eat them but it's not something i look forward too TBH!

Any tips??

I parboil them for 5 mins, then chuck them in the oven on 200 for about 20 mins. i can't seem to get the outside crispy enough tho.

I par boil mine but literally for 5 mins. Then rough them up in the pan, spread them out onto a frylighted tray and LET THEM DRY. This is key!!

Spray them with fry light and bake them on the middle tray at 220 for about half an hour.

Also, potatoes like king edward and maris piper are best but to be honest, I just use whatever comes in the sack from the farm shop and they last me ages so I make do with whatever they provide!!
I lurrrve SW chips, we have them all the time and this method works for me! I do double quantity and when they are dry, I freeze them in individual portion bags then just cook them from frozen.

Thanks Jaylou, will give that a try!

i attempted these last night and they was awful, must have boiled to long and not dryed enough will try again lol

charlotte x

I wash them till the water runs clear before i parboil them. Once they're boiled i ruffle them in the colander, and then let them cool a bit. Pop them in one layer on the tray, spray with Fry Light and them cook for about 20-30mins at about 220-240. Lovely and crispy on the outside and fluffy inside, even my husband thinks they're close enough to real chips to eat a load!

Back