SW coke chicken...

im in middle of making this now and did everything as stated in recipe, but says it thickens within 5-10 mins, well mine hasnt and half hr on its still quite watery?! what ive done wrong?anyone help?thanks

I make this by boiling it. Don't cover the pan and boil the sauce by itself now, take the chicken out for now or it'll overcook, just boil the sauce up until it's thick then add the chcken back in.
If all else fails use a few syns on some cornflour to thicken it.

coke chicken

ahh thanks, i did leave chicken in as just got message.i let it cook for over hr and lid off and simmered on elec hob 2.so added some gravy!was ok.ty x

If all else fails use a few syns on some cornflour to thicken it.

A syn free alternative to cornflour (on a green/EE day)is a scoop of instant mash - works a treat.

Of course it might be bending the SW rules a bit so may not be syn free - dont think there's an official stance on it though.

you have to have the sauce on the highest heat on the hob, and let it bubble away until thickened.

I cook my chicken seperately in the oven and the pour the sauce over. As the juices that release from the chicken, will water it back down again, if you add the chicken to the sauce to cook.

Back