SW consultants over whether members stay for image therapy

My SW consultant is good but I'm unable to stay for image therapy every week due to childcare and work commitments. I still pay the same as everyone else even when I only go to get weighed and yet her attitude towards those that don't always stay stinks! Why is this and does anyone else have any similar experiences.

I have also read her messages to another consultant on Facebook which I don't think she realises are public, and she really talks about members who don't stay with contempt. We don't all have the free time to stay for ,settings every week and to be honest, it's putting me off going altogether because of the weeks I can't stay.

If she's really that bad she needs reporting. That's not on, I wouldn't be happy either

To be fair the image therapy is all part of it and why i can understand that not everyone can stop every week, you should try and stop wherever possible or move to a group were you could stay. I find it does make a difference when you stay and its great when you need help and can give help also.

At our group we sometimes have over half the group that does not stay and i can understand the C's frustration with this. The only problem i have with our C is she moans to the rest of the class about stopping and surely we are not the people that need telling its the ones that dont stay!

Image therapy only works when members stay. This s why she probably gets a bit irked. Consultants are monitored on how many members stay and should encourage members to do so.

To be fair the image therapy is all part of it and why i can understand that not everyone can stop every week, you should try and stop wherever possible or move to a group were you could stay. I find it does make a difference when you stay and its great when you need help and can give help also.

At our group we sometimes have over half the group that does not stay and i can understand the C's frustration with this. The only problem i have with our C is she moans to the rest of the class about stopping and surely we are not the people that need telling its the ones that dont stay!

I'm in agreement I think that image therapy is the most important its what helps me stay on track if you don't go to it really all your paying for is a weigh and tbh its not worth a fiver just for that... if your gonna weigh and go every week you may as well just get some good scales and weigh at home in my opinion

I don't enjoy staying to group any more I got bored of it but still find having to go and weigh in front of someone else more disciplined and feel the scales are more reliable than home scales.
The C has never said anything to me about staying/not staying and I pay my 5er and get what I want for it and am managing to stay on plan without staying to image therapy so it suits me to get home and have my tea!

I never used to stay, my daughter was only 12-18 months when I was going to SW so she used to get iffy sitting too long and I didn't think it was fair to subject others to her whinging.
I know £5 is a lot to just weigh and go but it kept me on track knowing I'd have to explain to others why I'd gained :) x

I agree that image therapy is very important and i dont know if i would have stuck to it either, however not everyone can make it all the time if at all and I do think your consultant is wrong to one treat you differently and two talk about members who dont stay on facebook. its a personal choice whether to stay or not and it only really effects you. also being treated like that isnt going to encourage people to stay only put them off staying or even going to get weighed at all in my opinion

I stay most weeks but sometimes can't depending on my kids etc. I like the members and consultant and that helps - I feel like they really are just helping each other. However if your consultant is slating people publicly then really that is not on - she shouldn't be acting like that and if somebody doesn't want image therapy then that is their choice. I would move to another group if my consultant was like that :/

To be honest I find I.T a tad dull. The going round the group with loses and gains - (especially the gains) always the same people with the same excuses. It goes on for too long, WI starts at 0930 we dont sit down to I.T till around 1045/1100 and then its for another hour to hour and a half so finishing about 1200/1230. Too long.

I guess I havent found 'my' group yet!

To be honest I find I.T a tad dull. The going round the group with loses and gains - (especially the gains) always the same people with the same excuses. It goes on for too long, WI starts at 0930 we dont sit down to I.T till around 1045/1100 and then its for another hour to hour and a half so finishing about 1200/1230. Too long.

I guess I havent found 'my' group yet!

My god why does it take that long? they cant be very organised, to be honest i dont think i would stay if it lasted that long. I get there about 6 and we are all weighed and out for 715-730 job done.

My group probably benefits from not having many members, as we are weighed at 6 and out of the door after I.T at around 7! Not many stay I must admit, and its a shame as my C is really lovely.
She's actually decided to give my group to another C and I'm planning to join one of her other groups as she is really brilliant, I think most of my group will be going with her!!! Feel sorry for the new C, but I suppose she will benefit from having lots of newbies joining in January!
I do find I.T a bit boring at times but prob because my group is small and its the same people that stay every week, in fact one week only me and 2 others stayed so she didn't bother doing I.T and I felt sorry for her.

I am on the social team doing weigh and pay, my consultant says that if she has not started Image Therapy by 10am she will be in trouble with H/O, we start at 09.30am. We try and get everyone weighed as quickly as possible, then image therapy is usually finished around 11am.

I suppose it depends on how big the group is, we weigh in around 60 people but 20-25 stay to group.

I joined in Feb 2011 and did not stay to Image therapy until the September 2011, I always intended to, I got there very early, got weighed first, sat waiting for it to start but had panic attacks and ran away.
Hearing people *****ing about other members in the queue did not help.

Then my Consultant started a morning group and I had been using the excuse that I could not stay in the evenings so had no excuses left, also a new group from the start was somehow easier.

I managed to stick to it without staying, but now I stay it helps as it getting harder to loose. My confidence has grown as well, I don't cringe as much when its my turn and everyone is looking at me :eek:

I agree with everyone, and I do stay to group as I too find its helpful BUT I do feel the consultants shouldn't be 'off' with people that can't stay, it would put them off staying even more so!

There are very few groups down my way and that means there are lots of members and the people who take the cash talk and gossip with each bloody member, hence why it takes sooooooooooooo looooooooooooooooong.

Im going to try another group :D

We usually have quite a few staying It doesn't take long to get all payed up weighed & shop( all these jobs are done by designated members most Target!!
The C is then free to give beginning speech to newbies also she invites others who want to join
in talk as a refresher is always what we need as Syns start creeping in lol!
We usually have loads staying but as it's getting nearer Christmas the numbers have dropped and last week we had a small group but this was very beneficial as the quite ones contributed and it was more of an insight to how others manage !!
I would recommend staying as you always learn something be it a recipe or where the pitfalls are!!

I never used to stay, my daughter was only 12-18 months when I was going to SW so she used to get iffy sitting too long and I didn't think it was fair to subject others to her whinging.
I know £5 is a lot to just weigh and go but it kept me on track knowing I'd have to explain to others why I'd gained :) x

I agree with both your comments.My son has just turned three and it got to the stage where he knew where we were going from 100 yards away and started kicking off before we got in the door!
I agree that if you,re paying you should certainly get your money,s worth but if the class is enormous it can take two hours to get through everybody and you just lose the will to live! Lol!
Sal x

I don't stay much tbh. My weigh-in falls on one of my rare days off and I like to get it over and done with as quickly as possible so I can spend my day in other ways.

I.T. is a hit or miss thing for me when I do stay, but the majority of the time I learn nothing new and it's the same people with the same problems all the time, and when some members are trying to speak there are regulars who will interrupt the conversation and turn it back towards them. Some people basically tell us their life story every week.

Last week I did stay and some people rambled on so much that the consultant ended up running out of time and not everyone got a chance to speak.

Undoubtedly I.T. helps many people, but I'm sorry NOT EVERYONE finds it helpful and they shouldn't feel compelled to have to stay or explain themselves to consultants. I could quite happily follow this plan without ever going near group...

so why do I pay a fiver a week "just to get weighed"? :rolleyes: The answer is simple... to keep access to the internet tools which I find are the most useful thing to me personally. Yes I could just go the online option and weigh from home but physically going to get weighed at the group costs the same and means I can't cheat - it also reassures me that the numbers I've seen are correct as the scales are calibrated up. It being at a set time means I can't make excuses like "I'll do it later" either.

Back