SW consultants over whether members stay for image therapy

Well for me its a case of despite sw being a great weight loss plan and relatively easy to understand having to constantly stick to it isn't easy. Luckily I am back in the zone at the moment but xmas looming on the horizon is a bit scary!
When I first started I never understood that either... I started off at SW being very sceptical about it and part of that was to do with all the people saying things like "oh the last time I did slimming world..." or "this is my 4th go at it..." I always thought, well if it was really such a great easy plan why do all these people have multiple goes/keep falling off plan.I still don't understand it totally as I find plan very easy to follow but I do understand that a lot of people probably don't find it as easy as me, people with busier lives and more family or social commitments etc. I only work part time so I have a lot of time to dedicate to planning my eating. I am glad I found this site though as it gave me an insight into people who have multiple goes at the SW thing... the universal piece of advice to take from their posts seems to be "don't give up the first time round and stick at it because it's much harder to stick to a second or third time"It's a piece of advice that has stuck with me, as any time I have a bad day and think about jacking it in I remember that it won't be so easy to start it again especially if I put back on some of the weight I've lost so it motivates me to keep going and see this thing through to target and beyond! :)

I never understood why people used to keep paying to go and not stick to plan/lose the first time round either but if it stops them getting bigger and bigger its worth the weekly fee I've found this time round as have found it harder to be 100 per cent all the time

I kind of get the feeling that my eagerness and ability to keep to plan is a 'first time round' thing also. I, like all slimmers hope that there wont be a second round.

The other week was a bit of a shock for me. I put on for the first time, and I could hear the excuses coming out of my lips. I decided though that it was also my 'time of the month'...

Well for me its a case of despite sw being a great weight loss plan and relatively easy to understand having to constantly stick to it isn't easy. Luckily I am back in the zone at the moment but xmas looming on the horizon is a bit scary!

I'm looking forward to Christmas. I really think I can keep to the plan with little problem. I dont really drink anyway (and are currently on a medically imposed ban) and while i like sweet things as much as the next person, not enough for me to gorge.

My Turkey dinner is all sorted in my mind, my fave dinner of the year.

Maybe for my dessert i'll have some regular ice cream and a couple of hi-fi bars broken up.

Yeah I was repying as I am someone who can stay but choose not to at the moment

I just said what I said as some people at my group don't stay cos they can't be bothered, and the people I speak to that never stay always say how they're going home to binge, one last week said she was going to tesco for a bottle of vodka and family sized bar of chocolate. So that is probably why I have this perception of people who 'can't' stay. I appreciate some people can't stay cos of work, kids, or simply just have long days and are tired by the time they come to weigh in. Its all fine.

I'm still agreeing with the fact that people shouldn't feel pressured into staying, in fact it would really put me off going to slimming world all together if I had an arsey consultant who got narked off if I couldn't stay one week

I kind of get the feeling that my eagerness and ability to keep to plan is a 'first time round' thing also. I, like all slimmers hope that there wont be a second round.

The other week was a bit of a shock for me. I put on for the first time, and I could hear the excuses coming out of my lips. I decided though that it was also my 'time of the month'...

I'm looking forward to Christmas. I really think I can keep to the plan with little problem. I dont really drink anyway (and are currently on a medically imposed ban) and while i like sweet things as much as the next person, not enough for me to gorge.

My Turkey dinner is all sorted in my mind, my fave dinner of the year.

Maybe for my dessert i'll have some regular ice cream and a couple of hi-fi bars broken up.

Sounds like you are still well focussed and prepared for staying on plan for christmas and beyond so there shouldn't be a second time around.
At the end of the day 'gains' are part of life its just not letting them take over and not letting the reasons get clouded by excuses.

I just said what I said as some people at my group don't stay cos they can't be bothered, and the people I speak to that never stay always say how they're going home to binge, one last week said she was going to tesco for a bottle of vodka and family sized bar of chocolate. So that is probably why I have this perception of people who 'can't' stay. I appreciate some people can't stay cos of work, kids, or simply just have long days and are tired by the time they come to weigh in. Its all fine.

I'm still agreeing with the fact that people shouldn't feel pressured into staying, in fact it would really put me off going to slimming world all together if I had an arsey consultant who got narked off if I couldn't stay one week

I'm still a bit confused where you are coming from but am probably just being defensive or stupid :brainfart:

Sounds like you are still well focussed and prepared for staying on plan for christmas and beyond so there shouldn't be a second time around.
At the end of the day 'gains' are part of life its just not letting them take over and not letting the reasons get clouded by excuses.
That's exactly what its about, u get a gain just take it and get it back off! I gained 10lb on my fortnights holiday this year, didn't sit and moan about it I cracked on and got it back off.

I'm still a bit confused where you are coming from but am probably just being defensive or stupid :brainfart:

Lol its ok, just getting opinions across I didn't mean to sound awful you don't need to be defensive

That's exactly what its about, u get a gain just take it and get it back off! I gained 10lb on my fortnights holiday this year, didn't sit and moan about it I cracked on and got it back off.

Lol its ok, just getting opinions across I didn't mean to sound awful you don't need to be defensive

Yeah I gained 9lbs on my August holiday and finally got it off last Thurs! Its been hard but its gone now...just in time for xmas which will probably mean another gain lol

No you didn't seem awful hun

Thanks for all the replies. I think the general consensus is that we, the customers pay our fiver a week and we should really be able to decide when (if ever) we stay for image therapy. I was particularly offended by my consultant after weigh in two weeks ago when I had to take my 3 year old son, having finished work late, drove home stuck in traffic for most of the journey, quick change into my 'light' clothes to rush back out for weigh in. I told her I COULDNT stay as I had no childcare and didn't wanted to inflict my boisterous son on the group. the following week I stayed for image therapy and when she got round to me it seemed she made a point of saying,'you DIDN'T stay last week....' Actually I could have stayed and ruined your group is what I felt like saying. Why she had to even bring it up I don't know but she seems to have a real issue about members not staying. Then there was the Facebook comments......

think I might have to look at going to another group as when I can't or don't feel like staying, I won't dare go just to get weighed for fear of sniping comments. It's ashame though because she's good and really helpful and friendly apart from this.

Well, hollygolightly, I think your C should treasure members like you! Maybe you should give your son some E numbers, then let him run riot during IT to prove your point ;)

As AnnaFaraday said earlier, constants are measured on how many members stay. IT does it work without the group there. More members make it better.

Whilst she shouldn't be moaning on FB, she probably has a point if her members aren't staying. After all, you don't know the grief she might be getting from her boss.

Is there also a bit of interpretation going on? She seemed to make a point if saying you didn't stay, whilst she may have mentioned it, was it malicious or a comment as if to say you didn't stay to group, did you manage okay in the week etc etc.

Some on here really do give their consultants a rough ride.

I stayed every week when I first joined, the C was brilliant but she was only a stand in. With the new C I stayed about half the times, mainly because I felt bad for her if I just left. I didn't get anything out of it though ad she wasn't great and everything was the same each week. She's now resigned..We're back to stand ins now, I've stayed a couple of times.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I think if i had a stand in every week that would put me off going altogether. They really do need to get that sorted out sharpish, it must be weird as there is no relationship there between a stand in and a regular C.

Exactly. When I first joined, the stand in consultant then (who was brilliant) said my group is never good at keeping C's! I'll think about changing in the future. I know I could do it from home on my own but I like having the official WI at least, helps keep me going,

I think there's a massive difference between those who can't stay and those who WON'T stay to IT.
The main reason that I stopped going to group completely was because,as lovely as my consultant was, given that her mum, hubby, sister, auntie and nan were all members, IT usually turned into a family chat and nothing more.

Well thats not good is it, very unprofessional. My c has her mum help on the social team but shes great. No family chats, just gets on with the job in hand, very very professional, cant praise her highly enough. :)

Back