SW Coronation Chicken

Devon Dolce

1lb at a time!
If like me, you love Coronation Chicken in jacket potatoes (with salad and perfect for EE) or on a RED day with a lovely crisp salad, try my SW friendly Coronation Chicken - you may need to trial and error it yourself to get the right level of spice and sweetness, but all in all I pleased with this one:

Chicken breast(s) - needs to be cooked to retain it's moisture
1 x Mullerlight Apricot yogurt
Hellmans Extra Light Mayo (0.5 syns per 1 tbsp)
Curry powder or paste (but if you use paste you'll need to syn it)

Optional:
Apricots (71g semi-dried, ready to eat are a Hex B on Red days)
Sultanas (28g are 4 syns)
Almonds (level tbsp is 4.5 syns)

Mix the yogurt (according to taste) with the mayo (depending on how creamy you like it) with the curry powder or paste (again, depending on how spicy you like it!) and if using some apricots, sultanas and almonds mix them in too. Add your chicken, once completely cooled, cut up into bite sized chunks, and mix all together so completely coated. Voila!

Serve with a spud, salad, in a sandwich - however you like!

Without adding the optional extras this delicious Coronation Chicken is just 1 syn (I only used 2 tbsp of Hellmanns E/L Mayo) and even though I do say so myself is pretty good! I hope you enjoy it too! xx

That souns so yummy, keep have jackets with beans and cottage cheese, must get apricot muller tonite xxx
:cool:

Ooo, this sounds yummy.
I have always liked coronation chicken but had no idea how it was made.
Never would have thought to put Mullerlight in a savoury dish!
Thanks!

Another recipe:

Coronation Chicken jackets.
Serves 4
EE 2
Ingredients:
4 large baking potatoes
2 skinless chicken breasts
1 red pepper
1 ripe mango
1 lime
3 spring onions
A handful of coriander leaves
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 level tbsp mango chutney
2tsp mild curry powder
7oz/198g very low fat fromage frais
6 level tbsp Hellmann’s Extra Light Mayo

Method:
Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas 6. Prick the potatoes all over with a fork. Place on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes.
Meanwhile make the filling. Grill the chicken for 8-10 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Deseed and cut the pepper into cubes. Peel, stone and dice the mango. Grate the zest of the lime, then cut in half and squeeze out the juice. Finely slice the spring onions. Chop the coriander. Once the chicken has cooled slightly chop into bite-size pieces.
Mix together the chicken with the remaining prepared ingredients. Season well. Add the chutney, curry powder, fromage frais and mayonnaise and stir through. Cover and chill until required. Take potatoes out of the oven and top with the coronation chicken filling

If like me, you love Coronation Chicken in jacket potatoes (with salad and perfect for EE) or on a RED day with a lovely crisp salad, try my SW friendly Coronation Chicken - you may need to trial and error it yourself to get the right level of spice and sweetness, but all in all I pleased with this one:

Chicken breast(s) - needs to be cooked to retain it's moisture
1 x Mullerlight Apricot yogurt
Hellmans Extra Light Mayo (0.5 syns per 1 tbsp)
Curry powder or paste (but if you use paste you'll need to syn it)

Optional:
Apricots (71g semi-dried, ready to eat are a Hex B on Red days)
Sultanas (28g are 4 syns)
Almonds (level tbsp is 4.5 syns)

Mix the yogurt (according to taste) with the mayo (depending on how creamy you like it) with the curry powder or paste (again, depending on how spicy you like it!) and if using some apricots, sultanas and almonds mix them in too. Add your chicken, once completely cooled, cut up into bite sized chunks, and mix all together so completely coated. Voila!

Serve with a spud, salad, in a sandwich - however you like!

Without adding the optional extras this delicious Coronation Chicken is just 1 syn (I only used 2 tbsp of Hellmanns E/L Mayo) and even though I do say so myself is pretty good! I hope you enjoy it too! xx

I'm sooo going to try this DD! Thanks for the recipe! I will indeed let you know!! X

Thanks for the recipe. I never in my wildest dreams thought the words coronation chicken and diet would go together......hmmmmm cant wait to try it x

This sounds lovely, definitely one for red day lunches :) Thank you x

Day 1 on SW..Just been looking for some recipes and these sound delicious :) Will give them a go this week. x

Just made for lunch with cous cous, tastes incredible! Smells just like shop bought just isnt as sickly. was perfect for an extra quick lunch. yum!

oh wow this is so yummy.
I dont like apricot yogurts but love cc chicken so thought i'd give it a go, its so good. tastes just like what you get at salad bars.
Thankyou for sharing

Back