SW Minimins Dryathlon Team (Alcohol Free January)

I'm hoping to break the bad habit of having a glass of wine (or 2) to unwind after a hard day at work or problems with my asd son. Also, to save some cash and lose weight more easily as not saving syns for wine (!!). I'm also hoping that my skin looks better - seems very dull and I'm definitely seeing the years on my face at the mo :-(

Really stressful day...

Would normally be forgetting it and having a glass of wine but have somehow (not sure how) managed to avoid going to the offy. Instead I am drinking a non-alcoholic shot type drink :). Feel very proud but scared that I'm only on day 3 :-(

Im not sure what i'm more proud of, the fact that i'm on day 3 without missing it or the fact that I have soooo much wine and spirits left over from new years and not even looked at twice!

Tomorrow will be hard, first bday with no wine for ages!!

Happy birthday Lucylu..............you are a dryathlete you can do this :D

Three days done........thats how we roll xxx

So its here, my birthday and surely enough I should be dreaming of that glass of wine tonight....Its my birthday and it hardly ever falls on a friday!

Its going to be a test for sure!!!

I thought about the tonic too but I decided to save it for fri, it's my birthday!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY - Enjoy your slimline tonic!! If you can do it tonight then the rest of the month should be plain sailing xxxx

Can I join you ladies too. Bottles of wine have been a huge obstacle in my previous attempts at slimming world and have caused my weight gain. Food wise I can be very good. I haven't had a drink since the New Year so on track. I also found the energy to join a bootcamp located in my locality - so hope to lose this wine belly too. I have been working nights the last 2 nights so its be easy for me so far. Tomorrow will be the test !!!!!

Course you can join us - the more the merrier! x

Okay triathletes! The first weekend hurdle is upon us. Especially tough for Lucylu as it's her birthday today. Come on team - we can do it!

Thanks girlies, yes we can do this!

My bday treats are about to begin - I'm slightly off plan with a few healthy treats but who cares not me for this 1 day! Steak and salad for tea later followed by weight watchers choc brownie!!!
Bath is ran, candles lit, face mask and oils at the ready and the best bit - a nice chilled glass of rose!!!! Shloer of corse! ;-)

In bed.......day four done BOOM :D

And also that means 1 fri done, 3 to go! I'm seriously wanting this challenge to make me realise how much I don't need to have that one glass of wine (that usual turns into 2 big ones) and last night, on my bday, hubby was meant to join me, could he do it - NO! :)

OK - so Friday was my Golden Ticket day because of a preplanned event. Surprise surprise syns for that day were way over, but it was a flexi-syn day and I had less than had expected (too full for dessert). BUT, today I still managed to go to the pub (with another triathlete and other non-triathletes) and coped quite well on a couple of pots of tea and lots of diet coke. GO ME!! And this meant I could have a lovely take-away curry in my PJ's while I watch Doc Martin and will get to read in bed and wake up feeling bright and breezy on Sunday, plus have enough syns left for a Dip Dab for dessert!

How's everyone else faring??

xx

I'm in - had a sober NYE too (driving!) so have actually not had any alcohol in 2013 :eek:

I might need a golden ticket for 26th - I'm going down to London - but I have work on sunday at 2.30 so I will need to be sober to drive at 11.30am...if I do drink (and i might try and avoid it, but it will be hard!) I will write down everything I've drunk, and will try and stick to good drinks like G&st instead of my usual pint of cider.

Good luck everyone! I said no to booze earlier, and considering I brew my own stuff and have a bar in my kitchen, I'm doing well!!

My boyfreind, who didn't used to drink much at all until he met me (ooops! now we've swapped) started drinking at 1pm out of pure boredom and now he's passed out on the couch snoring :( terrible!

You did well to not drink on your birthday, I can't say Id have the stregnth to do the same so good on ya!

Really pleased that I've got through the first Friday / Saturday night barrier unscathed - my t'other half has also gone dry for Jan so thats a big help. Casualty on BBC1 seemed a lot more graphic than usual cos the alcohol normally takes the edge of the gory bits lol! Wish I could say that I'm waking up feeling really refreshed but I've got a stinking cold so feel awful (God knows how I'm going to drag myself out of bed for work tomorrow!).

Have a good day everyone x

I have had an outbreak of spots :eek: My liver must be starting to detox :D

Having no hangover on a Sunday morning is a bonus:D

Keep going girlies we are doing well

Back