SW seems more popular at the moment than WW. Does anyone else agree?

pixar

has to be done this year
SW seems more popular than WW. Does anyone else agree? Their forum seems far more packed than ww and I just keep coming across sw everywhere on this minimins site.

Certainly seems to be a more active forum! But I've found that besides the whole points thing, they're just as eager to lose weight and it's a great atmosphere!

Noooo its a busier forum granted but then I think SW is a more complicated diet than WW is.

Just because the forum is busier doesnt mean its more popular

I know ww was very popular years back but it seems like more people are on the sw plan nowadays, yer I agree it is more complicated because Ive tried both, but both diets have their pros and cons, because Im new here I dont quite know who's doing what but every time I log on to minimins its like everythings revolved around sw so i thats why i wondered which diet most people was following, thanks for the response guys xxx

I thought the same thing, but after doing sw before and some friends did as well, I found it more complicated than ww I did lose some weight but struggled to keep up the momentum as did my friends who have joined and where I would lose some wks I would gain others it was very up and down. I find weight watchers is much less complicated and more a lifestyle than a diet, with sw it FELT like I was on a diet. with ww I am more aware of portion size etc

Not knocking sw as it clearly works for a lot of people, and we all have the same aim (to lose weight), think you have to go with what suits you and I must say weight watchers for me is the only way, have tried too many other different diets/fads etc in the past, and have lost more in the last 9 weeks than I ever lost on any of the other ones I tried.

The threads on both sections ate very different. SW has several syn sections. wW doesn't as there are more points books available. SW has a HE section an overseas section and there are loads of general enquiry threads. Because WW is more straight forward there are less general enquiry threads. You can't really go wrong in WW you have your points allowance you work out points. Job done.

Just because the SW is lots busier doesn't by any means mean it's more popular. WW is probably bigger and more popular now than it's ever been

Yer agree that sw is a good diet and Ive done it in the past and lost like 5 stones with them, but unfort put most the weight back on through out the last 3 yrs and need to loose it again, i was thinking doing sw again but i feel really bloated after all that pasta and carbs, my sis tells me to cut down on my portion sizes if i feel bloated but when I know i can eat unlimited free food I cant help but eat food enough for 2 people:) then I think if I am to cut down my portions and eat smaller meals I mite as well do ww...I think thats what im gonna do, its more flexible...

pixar said:
Yer agree that sw is a good diet and Ive done it in the past and lost like 5 stones with them, but unfort put most the weight back on through out the last 3 yrs and need to loose it again, i was thinking doing sw again but i feel really bloated after all that pasta and carbs, my sis tells me to cut down on my portion sizes if i feel bloated but when I know i can eat unlimited free food I cant help but eat food enough for 2 people:) then I think if I am to cut down my portions and eat smaller meals I mite as well do ww...I think thats what im gonna do, its more flexible...

I know this thread is a fortnight old, but just wanted to say that the WW part of minimins will no doubt seem quieter as ww have their own forum-where SW don't!!

Slimming World all the wayyyyyyyyyyyy........

well this is my 2nd time back on ww and ive also tried sw. on sw in the first week i lost 3 1/2 lbs the first time i did ww i lost 5 lbs in the first week and this is my first week back and ive lost 5 1/2 lbs so know which im sticking to!

like starlight says, people don't really neeeeeeed to source the internet to do well on ww, whereas sw seems to be more complex.

If you've got the ww starter pack and calculator you really dont need much else!

In this country theres a lot more people STICKING to ww than there are sw. And sw have cut down their meetings a lot, they seem to have bigger meetings more spread out as opposed to ww, who do smaller meetings everywhere.

SW also doesn't have an official forum for members to use, a major failing on there part! Which then makes them all come on MM ;)

i think sw is expensive and i couldn't eat all that food!

I am still sticking with ww discover, but a lot of friends couldn't cope with the new pro points system and left to join sw.

I was on Sw for a while, all it encouraged me to do was over eat on " acceptable " food rather than food i used to over eat on:-/ it really didn't do anything for me so swapped to ww

I love Slimming World in short bursts, but I just can't stick with it for more than a few weeks at a time - 'specially if we're going out for a meal or something. WeightWatchers is so simple to slot into ordinary life without having to make so many big changes.

Back