SW seems more popular at the moment than WW. Does anyone else agree?

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers - Discover Plan' started by pixar, 3 March 2011 Social URL.

1. pixar

pixar has to be done this year

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st6lb(25.67%)
    Diet:
    did fl4i, then exante now back on WW
    SW seems more popular than WW. Does anyone else agree? Their forum seems far more packed than ww and I just keep coming across sw everywhere on this minimins site.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. hbb

hbb Thoroughly Determined

Diet:
    Weight Watchers Discover Plan
    Certainly seems to be a more active forum! But I've found that besides the whole points thing, they're just as eager to lose weight and it's a great atmosphere!

4. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Noooo its a busier forum granted but then I think SW is a more complicated diet than WW is.

Just because the forum is busier doesnt mean its more popular

5. pixar

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st6lb(25.67%)
    Diet:
    I know ww was very popular years back but it seems like more people are on the sw plan nowadays, yer I agree it is more complicated because Ive tried both, but both diets have their pros and cons, because Im new here I dont quite know who's doing what but every time I log on to minimins its like everythings revolved around sw so i thats why i wondered which diet most people was following, thanks for the response guys xxx

6. michellethegooner

michellethegooner Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    7st4.5lb(39.96%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers, pro points
    I thought the same thing, but after doing sw before and some friends did as well, I found it more complicated than ww I did lose some weight but struggled to keep up the momentum as did my friends who have joined and where I would lose some wks I would gain others it was very up and down. I find weight watchers is much less complicated and more a lifestyle than a diet, with sw it FELT like I was on a diet. with ww I am more aware of portion size etc

Not knocking sw as it clearly works for a lot of people, and we all have the same aim (to lose weight), think you have to go with what suits you and I must say weight watchers for me is the only way, have tried too many other different diets/fads etc in the past, and have lost more in the last 9 weeks than I ever lost on any of the other ones I tried.

7. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    The threads on both sections ate very different. SW has several syn sections. wW doesn't as there are more points books available. SW has a HE section an overseas section and there are loads of general enquiry threads. Because WW is more straight forward there are less general enquiry threads. You can't really go wrong in WW you have your points allowance you work out points. Job done.

Just because the SW is lots busier doesn't by any means mean it's more popular. WW is probably bigger and more popular now than it's ever been

8. pixar

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st6lb(25.67%)
    Diet:
    Yer agree that sw is a good diet and Ive done it in the past and lost like 5 stones with them, but unfort put most the weight back on through out the last 3 yrs and need to loose it again, i was thinking doing sw again but i feel really bloated after all that pasta and carbs, my sis tells me to cut down on my portion sizes if i feel bloated but when I know i can eat unlimited free food I cant help but eat food enough for 2 people:) then I think if I am to cut down my portions and eat smaller meals I mite as well do ww...I think thats what im gonna do, its more flexible...

9. WelshJojo

WelshJojo Gold Member

Diet:
    Calorie counting/low carb(following SW principles where possible)
    I know this thread is a fortnight old, but just wanted to say that the WW part of minimins will no doubt seem quieter as ww have their own forum-where SW don't!!

10. K Dee

K Dee Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Slimming World all the wayyyyyyyyyyyy........

11. WelshJojo

WelshJojo Gold Member

Diet:
    Calorie counting/low carb(following SW principles where possible)
    This is a ww forum you've just posted on tho!!

12. angelsparkles

angelsparkles Member

Start Weight:
    12st1lb
    Current Weight:
    11st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(6.51%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers discover plan
    well this is my 2nd time back on ww and ive also tried sw. on sw in the first week i lost 3 1/2 lbs the first time i did ww i lost 5 lbs in the first week and this is my first week back and ive lost 5 1/2 lbs so know which im sticking to!

13. hannata

hannata I can haz cake?

Start Weight:
    280lb
    Current Weight:
    249.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    208.5lb
    Lost(%):
    31lb(11.07%)
    Diet:
    ADF
    like starlight says, people don't really neeeeeeed to source the internet to do well on ww, whereas sw seems to be more complex.

If you've got the ww starter pack and calculator you really dont need much else!

In this country theres a lot more people STICKING to ww than there are sw. And sw have cut down their meetings a lot, they seem to have bigger meetings more spread out as opposed to ww, who do smaller meetings everywhere.

14. Divster

Divster Banned

SW also doesn't have an official forum for members to use, a major failing on there part! Which then makes them all come on MM ;)

15. forthelasttime

forthelasttime Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st12lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5.5lb(2.64%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    i think sw is expensive and i couldn't eat all that food!

16. ang2252

ang2252 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st12lb(26.21%)
    Diet:
    Weight watchers discovery
    I decided to try SW after putting some weight back on I lost with WW. It was lovely to eat all that food but I lost hardly any weight. I think this forum for WW is really supportive and I agree with the other posts about SW needing more answers about there plan than we do.

17. pollyg

pollyg Full Member

I am still sticking with ww discover, but a lot of friends couldn't cope with the new pro points system and left to join sw.

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. christmasfairy1

christmasfairy1 Silver Member

I was on Sw for a while, all it encouraged me to do was over eat on " acceptable " food rather than food i used to over eat on:-/ it really didn't do anything for me so swapped to ww

20. louise56

louise56 Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st1.5lb
    Current Weight:
    21st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I love Slimming World in short bursts, but I just can't stick with it for more than a few weeks at a time - 'specially if we're going out for a meal or something. WeightWatchers is so simple to slot into ordinary life without having to make so many big changes.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.