SW Solo - time to look after me

Food diary so far today:

banana and coffee
Home from the school run - bacon, egg, potatoes, beans, quorn sausage. Hopefully that will keep me going til later this afternoon.

smills,

your thread has really inspired me, i'm doing SW solo too!!! A couple of my friends are doing it and they have photocopied their books for me as all the classes in my area are on when i'm at work, working 10 hour days does not leave much time to do much AT ALL!!!

I'm finding your thread sooo useful though, I have been reading the one in the recipe section too where people are posting their recipes and pictures of their lunches, tea's etc and its giving me lots of inspiration, if you havent checked it out I would say do that as some of the stuff looks soo yummy!!!:D Plus, from what I gather you enjoy a nice G&T and save your syns for that, I am totally on your wavelength with that one hun!!! ;)

Hopefully we can give each other encouragement, this site is making me excited about food again rather than dreading it and agonising over what to take for lunch to work and what to cook for tea.

T x

Thanks Tara, that's really nice of you to say that. I'll check out the threads that you mentioned. Always save my syns for a G&T or two :). I'll track down your thread too to keep an eye on you!

So last few days I have been working ridiculously hard, all weekend with a stinking cold and a cough that's kept me awake half the night.

Foods been good but boring, taking cous cous, a tin of mackerel and a pepper to work with me. Very stressful time, and very late nights and long days :(

Still, planning to take a few days off this week to make up for it.

Food diary today:

Bacon, egg and beans
Mackerel and cous cous
Chicken, SW roast potatoes, carrots and sprouts, rice n peas and a bit of gravy.
1x G&T
1x fairy cake that my 8-year-old made (well I couldn't say no, she was so delighted with them!)
Probably over my syns, not enough superfree and no hex a or b.

Must try harder!

Ok, definitely time to get some new scales. Picked mine up this morning and something was rattling about inside. Stepped on them and I've lost a whopping 1.5 stones this week!!! Shame it's not the truth. Oh god, I hope I don't get some new ones and find out that I'm really a lot heavier than I thought!

Think I'll have a shopping trip today and do some Xmas shopping while I'm at it.

Hi,
I may be really behind the times here...I normally use my mobile to access this site, on laptop now and i can see St. Lucia for Aug 2012???!!! WOW!!!!! r u excited???? I have been twice (only for a day as on cruise) but it was lovely! xx

Hi Cai, yes TOTALLY excited, booked flights and paid for already, can't wait! Pictures of st lucia as a screen saver on the pc to give us all a reminder of what we've got coming. Staying near Castries which is probably where you got of the ship, I love it there. Been twice before, once on honeymoon about 16 years ago(!), and once last year with a friend. We're both going back with our kids again next year. Just thinking about it's making me smile :)

Went shopping today and got a few Xmas pressies, and had a look at bathroom scales. Saw some but looked them up on amazon and they were cheaper by £6. When I got home they'd increased in price by £3. Bizarre. So I did a search and found them even cheaper on asda direct. So ordered them - no wi tomorrow, but they'll be here in a few days.

Right, food:
Fruit & yoghurt
Squid fried in fry light ( got it in m&s for a treat. Yum)
Stir fry veg and beef.
1 can lager.

Plenty of super frees today.

smills said:
Hi Cai, yes TOTALLY excited, booked flights and paid for already, can't wait! Pictures of st lucia as a screen saver on the pc to give us all a reminder of what we've got coming. Staying near Castries which is probably where you got of the ship, I love it there. Been twice before, once on honeymoon about 16 years ago(!), and once last year with a friend. We're both going back with our kids again next year. Just thinking about it's making me smile :)

It's great to have something to look forward to and aim for!! I/we were gonna book a holiday for April next yr...however, when it came to booking it we weren't 100% sure we could afford (I have to stick to school holidays!) so we didn't do it, and it's a good job now really as money is stretched already!!
On a (mini) plus, we did say if we could we would book a last min holiday for next yr...I want sun, sand and a new beach body...my hubby likes sightseeing, cool weather (jumpers!) and hopefully my body! Lol xx

Hi Smills, I had an issue with my scales a while back, and asked to borrow my mums. That was about 4 months ago, and they haven't gone back to her house yet, lol ooops ;) she know's she can borrow them if she wants to, lol.

Hope your new scales give you a nice surprise :) Let us know wont you. When you expecting them?? x x

Hi TT. 3-5 days the website said. I will weigh in as soon as I get them. :)

Trying to be good in the meantime but I have a Bollywood party on Friday and a birthday party in town on Saturday night. In fact I've got a few too many social events coming up - not just to keep losing weight, but I struggle to have more than one night a week out and not feel completely knackered for the rest of the week! I'm getting too old :(

Cai said:
It's great to have something to look forward to and aim for!! I/we were gonna book a holiday for April next yr...however, when it came to booking it we weren't 100% sure we could afford (I have to stick to school holidays!) so we didn't do it, and it's a good job now really as money is stretched already!!
On a (mini) plus, we did say if we could we would book a last min holiday for next yr...I want sun, sand and a new beach body...my hubby likes sightseeing, cool weather (jumpers!) and hopefully my body! Lol xx

Ha ha, lol. He'll LOVE your body x

Food today:
Banana and coffee
Tin of salmon stir fried with loads of veg and some cous cous
Yoghurt
Beef steak and veg mash (swede, carrot and potato)
Snacks: seafood sticks
G&t (of course!)
Might have some crackers and cheese triangles for my hexa/b later

Its sounding like your back on track now smills :) Yay!!

Enjoy your nights out, and I soooo know what you mean about getting too old, lol. I used to go out on a Sunday night, not get in til early hours, and still be at work mega early. There's no way I could do that now, lol x

Ha ha, I used to do the same, no way could I do that now! I know I won't feel like going out on Saturday night after a night out on Friday, but it's my cousins birthday so I can't let her down.

Forgot to mention that I had another one of my daughter's cakes yesterday :( must get cooking healthy things with them instead of treats. My oldest (12) said she wants to learn how to cook proper food so that she will manage ok when she leaves home. Talk about forward planning! I'll enjoy cooking with her though and she's got much more interested in healthy food lately, partly because I am and partly because they're having a bit of a focus on it at her school.

Food today so far:
Cherries and yoghurt for breakfast
5x seafood sticks for a snack.
Looking forward to lunch as I'm going to have more steak and veg left over from last night.

Thinking of joining the children for pasta and tomato sauce tonight, little one has a friend over and it's a nice easy tea that everyone eats.

Few more crab sticks, pasta and tomato sauce (very small portion).

Plus 2x G&Ts - 8 syns
2x chocolates. Not sure how many syns.

Theres too much Christmas stuff in the house already, and the chocolates have been looking at me for ages!

We dont tend to get much stuff in for over xmas, because we do lots of visiting and eat everyone else's stuff, lol.

I see what your saying about your scales, but make sure you don't use these next few days as an excuse to stuff yourself.....because that is definitely what I have done in the past, and it only ends in guilt and upset, lol. I think you have your head screwed on right though ;) and im sure you wont do that, lol x x

Totally hate my new scales. I'll be weighing in properly tomorrow but tried them the night I got them and I'm MUCH heavier than I thought. Gonna take a deep breath and weigh in tomorrow, and start from there :(

Back