SW Solo - time to look after me

I haven't been stuffing TT, but at the weekend I had two parties to go to, one of them at a Persian restaurant and the food was lush! Suffice to say, I didn't have the salad. Been good since though.

Wi today and I'm +4lbs on the new scales since last wi on my old scales. :(

Ok, this is a new starting point, although I must admit the closer Xmas gets the less likely I am to lose any more. If I can lose that 4 before Xmas I'll be happy.

On a plus note I bought a pair of size 14 jeans yesterday ! Ok, I know they must be a big size 14, but the last pair I bought in the same shop were a 16, so I'm super chuffed :)

Excellent!!! Jeans is what I really wanna buy this Christmas :-/ not looking forward to it...not worn trousers for months now!! Xx

Another party tonight, food I was good with, drink I wasn't.

Breakfast: cherries and yoghurt
Lunch: cous cous, courgettes and mackerel.
Tea: bns curry with lentils and brown rice. (yum)

One bite of a mince pie, and a few glasses of vino at the party.

Just remembered I had a satsuma, yoghurt and a banana as snacks throughout the day.

Hey Smills, how ya getting on?? Iv had a shabba week, and gained a pound :( New week, and feeling much more positive today tho, lol x x

Bummer TT, good attitude though, accepting it and moving on. That's what I'm trying to do since I got the new scales. Never heard the expression Shabba used like that, only ever heard it preceded by the words 'Mr Loverman' :)

Week is going ok but too many parties! I might have to start turning things down, but the Christmas season is upon us.

I have a party this Friday and Saturday, then one next Tuesday, and another the following Monday and Wednesday. I'm not complaining, but the diet is really suffering. I'll never lose the +4 by Xmas. I'm not going to go mad though, but I will give myself time off when I'm out, and I'll just stick to it the rest if the time.

Food today:
Cherries and yoghurt
Lunch - herb omelette, no fat.
Pear, satsuma.

Also went to a kind of Chinese yoga class this morning for the first time. Signed up for a month to see how I get on.

I feel a sabotage coming on :(

Started putting up the tree (I know it's early but I couldn't hold the children off any longer!) and I'm feeling all Christmassy so I've opened the quality streets :-/

Oh no....not the quality streets???!!!
At ours it's mint matchmakers!!! oh and after eights...I Love them so much and we only get them at christmas (for no other reason, i could get them any time of year!) I know there are matchmakers in the house at the min...but no after eights at the min! xx

Awww.....we haven't even got any chocolates or anything yet!! To be honest, we do loads of visiting, so we end up eating everyone elses, lol. Chocolate really is my downfall tho, so im dreading it!!

Quality streets are only 2 syns each, so you could have a few each day and be within limits.

Good luck x x

Thanks TT that makes me feel a bit better. And Cai - I opened the Matchmakers too :(

On my way home from my first Christmas party a little bit worse for wear :-/.

Today was fine for food until I got to the party - salmon and prawn starter (ok) roast turkey and all the trimmings (not too good) and Xmas pudding (bad!). Plus more than a few G&Ts. If I don't get my act together I'm worried I'll just gain everything I've lost so far over Christmas.

Must try harder :(

You've gotta let yr hair down a bit over Christmas - how many more times r u gonna be faced with these kida decisions? 2 maybe 3?

I'm lucky (I suppose) that both my work Xmas meals r not happening - one is after Christmas and one was cancelled due to low numbers!
That means I have Christmas day to contend with - which is only one day! And new years day we always have a meal!!

Hubby and I r planning on going out Christmas eve - so tea will b quick!
But maybe boxing day will b hard...so 3 days fo me in the next 4 weeks...I cam cope with that

You can do it too...think about how many meals/days to make food decisions you have - won't b too many xx

P.s. - matchmakers!!! I'm jealous! Hubby hidden ours...and we only have 1 box (so far!)

You know what Cai, that's really put things into perspective for me, and instead of thinking oh well i might as well not bother at all, I'm thinking - ok, I'll have a few days off but so what, I'll be good the rest of the time.

Thanks so much for that x

Glad to help!

It's the only way I can see myself enjoying the festive period and not ruining it.

Last yr I recon I prob gained 10lbs over Christmas - especially with me having school holidays - it turns into a lunch/coffee/cake out every day tocatch up with everyone...well not this year :-D x

Back