SW to RC and a vegetarian

Irene

Silver Member
Hi
I am a bit disillusioned with SW at the moment.
I feel I need something a bit more regimented. I did RC many years ago but was not a vegetarian at the time. I did well but must remeber I was many years younger than I am now.:p
Is there anywhere I can get a 7 day plan to see what is available to me or is that just not done?
Thanks Irene

Hi Irene i have the gi hip and thigh books and they have a vegetarian option for dinners i.e stuffed peppers, tomato and basil pata bakes, courgette bakes vegetable stir frys, tofu and noodles.

lunches are mainly salads i'm sure we could start a vegetarian recipe thread if its going to help others thinking along the same lines as yourself
do you have any of the books at all.

Hi
I am a bit disillusioned with SW at the moment.
I feel I need something a bit more regimented. I did RC many years ago but was not a vegetarian at the time. I did well but must remeber I was many years younger than I am now.:p
Is there anywhere I can get a 7 day plan to see what is available to me or is that just not done?
Thanks Irene

Hi Irene
I am new to the RC plan and was doing SW before.
Today I bought Rosemary's A-Z of Calories book and it has some fab meal ideas in there.
Also just noticed there is a vegetarian section in there too if you want to pick up some ready meals for ease.

I know there are some brilliant vegetarian recipes online too.
Check these out for more information....

http://www.lowfatveggiefood.co.uk/rosemaryconley.htm

Rosemary Conley Diet and Fitness Clubs - UK - Shop

https://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes/295753/Rosemary-Conley-s-Quorn-lasagne

YouTube - ‪Veggie Sausage and Onions with Cheesy Mash Recipe‬‏

Roasted pepper and leek strudel | Rosemary Conley recipes | Vegetarian recipes recipe - Recipes - goodtoknow

Hope these help.
Stacey xxx

Hiya and Welcome

Seems a lot of the SW crew are flying the nest - i was one too.

Just posted this on another thread, but being veggie dosent always mean stuffed sommat or other does it ? - lets talk wonderful beans and pulses -mmmmm.

Just posted this recipie on another thread, just substitute with veggie sausages.

Hope this helps.

-----------------------------------------------

Spicy Bean and sausage caserole
Serves 2 Large portions

2 medium/large Onions 0
Red Pepper 0
4 x ww sausages 240
Tin Haricot beans 150
Tin black eyed beans 290
Tin tomatoes 0
Heaped tsp harisa paste 0
142 ml veg Stock 0
TOTAL 680 Calories
340 cals each

Cook sausages for 15 - 20 min then cut up small
Fry Sausages in pan with onions/pepper then throw the rest of the ingredients in the pan and simmer for 20 mins or so - ta da! My kind of cooking :D

Does anybody really like veggie sausages - not in a casserole but on their own?
I bought some Qorn sausages a couple of days ago and quite honestly they were like eating what I imagine dried out blotting paper tastes like. OH put them in the freezer and will eat them but not me.

To OP Irene - I have lots of RC books - are you still looking for a 7 day menu for veggies?

I usually make bean burgers but yesterday bought a packet of Asda meat free chargrill style burger mix and it was very tasty.
It is TVP with added flavouring - a bit more than RC recommended 5% fat but I counted the cals and had dinner for 400 cals. (this depends on bread roll size)
It says to make 8 burger on the pack and have 2 per portion but I made it into 6 and cooked them in the oven when I was cooking something else.

1 burger..................... 160
bread roll ...................100
low fat mayo & pickle ... 60
large salad .................. 80
Total .....400

It was very nice for a change and will definitely buy it again. There are also sausage mixes in this range so will try them soon.

Back