SW Wedges and chips

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by Daisysp8, 30 November 2010 Social URL.

1. Daisysp8

Daisysp8 Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(5.23%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Do you "have to" par-boil ? ? ?

I usually do ... but last night (sooo tired) i just cut them up, threw them on the chip basket with some fry light and whacked em straight in the oven with my tuna steaks for 30 mins ...... and they were fine ? Tasted great.

So is there an actual scientific weightloss reason behind parboiling ? .... or is it just purely to soften em, to help them cook quicker ? (like what ya do with roasties etc) ??

Thankya peeps :D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Daisysp8

Daisysp8 Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(5.23%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Awwww, come on ? ? ? 42 views and no one knows ? ? ? !!!

4. avisk

avisk xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    No you don't have to. It makes no difference to weightloss. It's just that when you do parboil potatoes you can rough them up (sounds a bit violent, but you know what I mean!) and get crispier edges.

When I do roast potatoes, I always boil them for at least five minutes, sometimes longer depending on the type of potato, drain them and put them back in the pan, put the lid on and then really shake them hard, so that the edges are really knocked about - gives a fantastic crunchy result.

5. Daisysp8

Daisysp8 Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(5.23%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Thankya darling ...... thats all i needed to know ... having the wedges i leave the skin on and they go lovely and crispy .... it is, with out a doubt, my favourite kinda nom ....... Naughty comfort food that isn`t naughty ... love it ;) x x

6. anna_vixen

anna_vixen Gold Member

Start Weight:
    22st0.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9.5lb(16.69%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Depending on time I sometimes just bung them in the oven and they're fine! Saves time to be honest! And washing up hehe!

7. Maximus

Maximus Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st11lb(38.78%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - The one that works!
    Hi Daisy;)

I tried several times to make SW chips and despite all the tips and people claiming how good they were, they were never to my satisfaction.

Eventually I bought an Actifry - damn expensive but very healthy chips, wedges and roasties. No pre-heating or turning.

The most expensive gadget I've ever bought, but gives the best results lol.

Steve

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.