SW Wedges and chips

Daisysp8

Do you "have to" par-boil ? ? ?

I usually do ... but last night (sooo tired) i just cut them up, threw them on the chip basket with some fry light and whacked em straight in the oven with my tuna steaks for 30 mins ...... and they were fine ? Tasted great.

So is there an actual scientific weightloss reason behind parboiling ? .... or is it just purely to soften em, to help them cook quicker ? (like what ya do with roasties etc) ??

Thankya peeps :D

Awwww, come on ? ? ? 42 views and no one knows ? ? ? !!!

No you don't have to. It makes no difference to weightloss. It's just that when you do parboil potatoes you can rough them up (sounds a bit violent, but you know what I mean!) and get crispier edges.

When I do roast potatoes, I always boil them for at least five minutes, sometimes longer depending on the type of potato, drain them and put them back in the pan, put the lid on and then really shake them hard, so that the edges are really knocked about - gives a fantastic crunchy result.

Thankya darling ...... thats all i needed to know ... having the wedges i leave the skin on and they go lovely and crispy .... it is, with out a doubt, my favourite kinda nom ....... Naughty comfort food that isn`t naughty ... love it ;) x x

Depending on time I sometimes just bung them in the oven and they're fine! Saves time to be honest! And washing up hehe!

Hi Daisy;)

I tried several times to make SW chips and despite all the tips and people claiming how good they were, they were never to my satisfaction.

Eventually I bought an Actifry - damn expensive but very healthy chips, wedges and roasties. No pre-heating or turning.

The most expensive gadget I've ever bought, but gives the best results lol.

Steve

Back