Swaps

Emmamb

Silver Member
What have you swapped from high syns to low syns? etc
I got called in for a night shift so bought a john west light lunch-when i got home i found it was 5 syns and so not worth it so 15 mins in the kitchen i'd made my own,syn free version :)

I apologise if this is in the wrong place but I couldn't find a prefix it seemed to belong under.

Attachments

• image-4000054599.jpg
    image-4000054599.jpg
    555.8 KB · Views: 223
Muller Rice - love them to bits but 9 syns :eek:

I make up a batch of free pudding rice (with water) and mix with a favourite flavour free yoghurt and a bit of sweener - lush :D

A dead simple swap for me - full fat fizzy drinks to the diet or "zero" versions. I'd dread to think how many Syns I would waste on pop pre-SW :eek:

Oil to fry light - it makes me feel ill when I think back to how much olive oil I used to add when roasting potatoes, parsnips etc!

Yoghurts also, I loved muller corners and muller rice! But I agree, totally not worth the syns!

oil to frylight, sugar to sweetener.Lots of little changes make big changes to your weight :)

What have you swapped from high syns to low syns? etc
I got called in for a night shift so bought a john west light lunch-when i got home i found it was 5 syns and so not worth it so 15 mins in the kitchen i'd made my own,syn free version :)

I apologise if this is in the wrong place but I couldn't find a prefix it seemed to belong under.

It looks lovely, what have you put in it? Looking for new lunch ideas to take into work. Thanks

Primula light in place of mayo/butter xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

The biggest swap for me would be Quorn instead of meat. I do mainly green days and a HEB of mince just doesn't cut it so I've switched to free Quorn mince so I can have enough bolognese and chilli without picking at the leftovers and ending up going over on syns, which I would do with normal meat. Same with chicken...I love the Birds Eye chicken products (southern fried/battered fillets, chicken burgers, chicken bites) so I've switched to the Quorn versions as they're so much lower in syns and taste just as good (when they're hot...not a fan of cold Quorn!) :D

Oil to Fry Light is another, although sometimes I use my HEB on olive oil as a treat when I can't think of a better HEB to have.

It looks lovely, what have you put in it? Looking for new lunch ideas to take into work. Thanks

It's just dry fried onions,mushrooms & peppers mixed with pasta and half a tin of chopped tomatoes...it's nice with bacon in aswel but my fridge was lacking lol xx

Thanks for the ideas everyone xx

Back