Sweet & Sour chicken/Pork/Beef

Petal01

Still Climbing That Hill!
Dont know if this has been posted before but I'll post it anyway, i made it today and it was lovely, i used about a quarter of tinned tomatoes instead of passata and i also left the stock and cornflour out to save on syns, and it was still delicious! If you add the cornflour to stock it still works out at only 3.5 syns for the lot.

Pork or chicken breast or Beef
1 onion
1 carrot
1/2 carton of passata
3 tbsp sweetener
3 tbsp malt vinegar
Chicken stock to cover
1 tbsp Cornflour (3.5 Syns)
Dry fry meat and onions. Add passata. Mix sweetner and vinegar and add to pan. Pour over Chicken stock. Add a little liquid to the cornflour and stir in.
Cook for 5 mins then added carrot (grated) Cook for a further 5 mins until thickened.

If you do need to thicken the sauce then powdered mashed potato sprinkled in to sauce will do the trick.

Thanks for this. Is the chicken stock free then? I do whole roast chickens and then boil the bones - is that still free?

Tried this last night, with diced pork and red peppers. Absolutely delicious!!!!! Everyone loved it!!!!! (I also added a chopped red chilli (seeds removed!!!), a little grated ginger and a few shakes of soy sauce.)

If you are reading this and are thinking.....should I?......Just make it. You won't be disappointed. If you are still unsure, make the sauce separately (I did). So simple.

got this in the pot and its so nice thanks for recipie is it the one out the sauce book:)

Hi sorry it's taken me so long to reply, it was actually a recipe from another forum.

Just to add i also leave the cornflour out.

np hun have made it a few times and also leave the cornflour out and the fam love it to many thanks for recipie:)

Its a family fav here as well. Your very welcome:)

I've been looking for a sweet and sour! I'm definitely going to try this when I'm feeling better!

This is bubbling away on my hob as we speak, I gave in and added some cornflour because I think I put too much stock in but had a sneaky taste and.... wow! I am very shocked I thought the 4tbs of vinegar and sweetener would be strange. Definitely not strange though, just scrummy!

Back