Sweet Tooth lost..

Tealight

Has anybody else lost their sweet tooth since they started S/W? I've been on this plan since Oct, in the run up to christmas there were tins of chocolate everywhere work/home, i'd have a couple and start to feel icky, i couldn't even manage a Lindt bunny or a Galaxy bar now which was unheard of 6 mths ago, anybody else had this change of taste? :)

not me, but it something i would like to say i felt! he he!

Lol not me - I wish it were the case, but I couldn't go a day without a serious choccie fix :)

I know what you mean. I cut out biscuits, sweets and, chocolate and crisps and after a week or two I just lost the desire to have any of them. I think it is more difficult though if you are still having them as part of syns on a regular basis.

noooooo lol

yep completely with you on that one. I used to have the Biggest sweet tooth ever (im an ex pastry chef ...figures lol) and now im not fussed. Sometimes i get the urge for sweetness like chocolate but i will have a little bit and thats enough to satisfy my craving if i eat too much sweet stuff my teeth start to hurt and i feel very sick, so i limit what i have when i do fancy it.

Glad some of you know what I mean :) I use my syns in my meals now, I just don't crave sweet stuff anymore. People think i'm weird when I pass on the Doughnuts and Cakes at work lol, I know what you mean about the "teeth hurting" too XKellyX.

There is so much nicer food out there, this plan has taught me how to cook and eat properly. Some of the recipes on this forum are delish.

Thank goodness for Minimins

:)

I haven't had a sweet tooth for a really long time. I just never want chocolate or sweets. Is quite useful for SW because I can use my syns for wine or whatever else instead. I've always been a savoury person and as long as I can still have bread and cheese every day ( and in fact am encouraged to with SW, even if it's a measured portion!) I'm happy.

Something that has changed though is that I genuinely don't fancy fatty takeaway stuff anymore. I still like curries and stuff but only the healthy(er) ones. At the chinese the other night I was content with beef in black bean sauce, a small portion of chow mein (cooked in soy sauce instead of oil) and a hot and sour soup with lots of salad. I had no desire for the sweet and sour chicken balls which I used to love.

Something that has changed though is that I genuinely don't fancy fatty takeaway stuff anymore. I still like curries and stuff but only the healthy(er) ones. At the chinese the other night I was content with beef in black bean sauce, a small portion of chow mein (cooked in soy sauce instead of oil) and a hot and sour soup with lots of salad. I had no desire for the sweet and sour chicken balls which I used to love.

Yes I can understand that too, any food which is stodgy aswell, used to love the fat on my bacon or crackling on Pork but the thought of it makes me heave now, oh yes and them Pork/Chicken balls in batter does nothing for me anymore either.

This plan has finally got me to control the last thing in my life that needed to be under control

:)

Oh my ... Think I've lost my sweet tooth too. Been looking forward to a Friday treat of a curly wurly with a cup of proper (not herbal) tea. Have eaten half of the bar and feel a bit ill...secretly quite pleased :) could it be I've finally kicked the chocolate habit?

I've eaten chocolate once since Christmas. I don't really have the urge to buy it. The one time I ate some was because I felt sick with hunger and needed something quickly. It was a tiny bar and I split it with my two granddaughters and my husband. When I got home I was disgusted to find what I'd eaten was 7.5 syns! In future I'll make sure there is a cereal bar in my bag.

I do enjoy a little sweetener on my strawberries and I had rice pudding today which felt really sinful but was free as I used sweetener, rice and milk from my allowance. So no, I've not lost my sweet tooth but I do seem to have much more willpower and control these days. :)

Back