sweetcorn on S&S

Kuromi Jenkins

Silver Member
Hi peeps - I can't get on the S&S registered forums for some unknown reason, so can anyone advise if sweetcorn (as in frozen, tinned or something, not the baby sweet corn on the meal planner) is ok on the plan as a vegetable?

Thanks

sweetcorn on S&S

No im afraid tinned sweetcorn and corn on the cob are not allowed, fresh baby sweetcorn is allowed on the lifestyle plan but there is far too many carbs in the other types x

Last edited:
Aw that's a shame as I love sweetcorn so it would have made eating my veggies so much easier. Guess it's carrots, peas and cauliflower for me then.

Aw that's a shame as I love sweetcorn so it would have made eating my veggies so much easier. Guess it's carrots, peas and cauliflower for me then.

Hey... Are carrots and peas on the s&s list? I thought they were quite high in carbs too?

I found them in the diet planner so I'm guessing as long as you have enough of a daily allowance to use them they should be ok. I haven't got that far yet tbh as I'm planning on getting some of that slim rice tomorrow to try with the chilli which will be my first meal on S&S. After that when I have something that I can have veg with I'll have to try and find something off the list but I've no idea what to have apart from cauliflower as I'm not usually one for eating a lot of veg outside of a salad.

sweetcorn on S&S

I'm sure Carrotts and Peas are only allowed as part of your meal if you are following the Lifestyle plan with 3 packs and the protein meal they are not allowed on the 4 pack simplicity plan.

If you go onto the meal planner and click on simplicity at the top they don't come up, it's only when you click on lifestyle plan they appear x

I found them in the diet planner so I'm guessing as long as you have enough of a daily allowance to use them they should be ok. I haven't got that far yet tbh as I'm planning on getting some of that slim rice tomorrow to try with the chilli which will be my first meal on S&S. After that when I have something that I can have veg with I'll have to try and find something off the list but I've no idea what to have apart from cauliflower as I'm not usually one for eating a lot of veg outside of a salad.

I guess the lower the carb the more you can eat... I used to stick to mushrooms, cauli, broc, asparagus and olives :) occasional swede chips

I'm not a big fan of most of the veg on that list. I guess I'm going to be mostly eating cauliflower and making up salads out of the lettuce and olives and things and having tuna with it instead of my 4th pack on some days as a bit of a change. Actually that sounds really nice, I may have to go to the shops tomorrow and buy some of that salad spray dressing they say we can have too.

I'm sure Carrotts and Peas are only allowed as part of your meal if you are following the Lifestyle plan with 3 packs and the protein meal they are not allowed on the 4 pack simplicity plan. If you go onto the meal planner and click on simplicity at the top they don't come up, it's only when you click on lifestyle plan they appear x

I didn't realise there was that button at the top to switch between the 2 plans. Good to know, thanks.

I guess the lower the carb the more you can eat... I used to stick to mushrooms, cauli, broc, asparagus and olives :) occasional swede chips

Oh, when it says flesh only I take it that means the middle bit as in take the skin off? I always thought flesh meant the skin but now I'm not so sure. You say you make swede chips, so therefore it must mean the fleshy bit. Do they taste anything like swede or do they taste nicer when cooked like chips?

Oh, when it says flesh only I take it that means the middle bit as in take the skin off? I always thought flesh meant the skin but now I'm not so sure. You say you make swede chips, so therefore it must mean the fleshy bit. Do they taste anything like swede or do they taste nicer when cooked like chips?

Yeah I use the middle bit... Erm... They still taste of swede I suppose but I out some salt on and some times some spices whilst there cooking... I do them in my actifry and they go lovely and crispy :)

sweetcorn on S&S

I'm going to give them a try too cause it will make a change from having salad every night so I'm off to buy a cabbage and a swede to shake it up a bit this week, how wild am I!! lol :D x

Enjoy :)

Back