Sweeteners

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by catb1979, 7 July 2009 Social URL.

1. catb1979

catb1979 2nd time's a charm!!

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5.5%)
    Diet:
    All about w8
    Could any of you guys recommend the best brand of sweetener for tea/coffee? I've just started week 6 of SS and haven't bothered with it before, but just fancied some this week. I used sweetex and splenda - both in tablet form. I only had one in my large mug of tea or coffee and probably had a maximum of 3 per day. I admit that I doubt I've drank enough water everyday as just gone back to work after 4 weeks off with a fractured wrist and been so busy, I kept forgetting. My reason for asking is because I only lost 1lb this week and that's quite low for me. I only lost 1/2 inch from my bust, too. CDC said I could add a meal to kick start things, but I'm happy enough on SS that I'd rather carry on with it. She said she uses "Slimma" sweetener. Have started having bars this week, too, but my CDC says it shouldn't affect it. Any words of wisdom would be much appreciated...

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. boardwitless

boardwitless Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    I use Candarel tablets (apparently the granulated sweetner can affect ketosis). I find these OK although everyone can react differently. They are a bit pricey but the cheaper ones are filthy and left a scum on the top of my green tea

4. Lexy1972

Lexy1972 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(11.22%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Think as long as ypu stay away from the powdered stuff and use tablets most are OK, but someone else might be more in the know! x

5. catb1979

catb1979 2nd time's a charm!!

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5.5%)
    Diet:
    All about w8
    wonder if it was just down to not drinking enough... I work in a restaurant, so it's been very hot and I haven't increased my water intake.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.