Sweeteners

catb1979

2nd time's a charm!!
Could any of you guys recommend the best brand of sweetener for tea/coffee? I've just started week 6 of SS and haven't bothered with it before, but just fancied some this week. I used sweetex and splenda - both in tablet form. I only had one in my large mug of tea or coffee and probably had a maximum of 3 per day. I admit that I doubt I've drank enough water everyday as just gone back to work after 4 weeks off with a fractured wrist and been so busy, I kept forgetting. My reason for asking is because I only lost 1lb this week and that's quite low for me. I only lost 1/2 inch from my bust, too. CDC said I could add a meal to kick start things, but I'm happy enough on SS that I'd rather carry on with it. She said she uses "Slimma" sweetener. Have started having bars this week, too, but my CDC says it shouldn't affect it. Any words of wisdom would be much appreciated...

I use Candarel tablets (apparently the granulated sweetner can affect ketosis). I find these OK although everyone can react differently. They are a bit pricey but the cheaper ones are filthy and left a scum on the top of my green tea

Think as long as ypu stay away from the powdered stuff and use tablets most are OK, but someone else might be more in the know! x

wonder if it was just down to not drinking enough... I work in a restaurant, so it's been very hot and I haven't increased my water intake.

Back