Attack switching after VLCD

Discussion in 'Dukan Diet' started by megli, 14 November 2010 Social URL.

1. megli

megli Member

Dear everyone,

could I ask for some advice? I've done 3 careful attack days on Dukan and lost a pound. One measly pound! BUT the background is I had plateau'd for three weeks after four months on a VLCD during which I had lost 52lb, going from 17.9 to 14.0. As I say, after three days of hard attack I'm now 13.13, though I must say it's been nice to eat heartily. (I had a delicious omelette with smoked salmon and prawns for breakfast today, yum!) So, my questions: is my body not dropping weight particularly fast because it's been so deprived? My metabolism and biochemistry might be a bit different after 3 months of VCLD to that of someone who just begins with Dukan. How many more days do you think I should do on attack? I have 1.7 to lose. I'd be really grateful for any advice.

Best wishes,

Mark

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. jaqys

jaqys Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    low carb
    As you've already been low carbing attack won't shock your body and you were lucky to lose not gain if you've had an increase of carbs.

Go on to cruise and enjoy some veggies.

Well done on the loss so far and goodluck!

4. m-mouse

m-mouse Not very good at this!

Start Weight:
    15st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st4lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10lb(30.28%)
    Diet:
    dukan - conso
    go to the dukan site and it will tell you how many days to do attack for.

5. alottolose

alottolose Gold Member

Start Weight:
    82.1kg
    Goal Weight:
    66.7kg
    very low calorie or very low carb?.... doesn't really matter either way to be honest it's just swings and roundabouts in different directions....

your metabolism as others have mentioned will already be in a state of dieting deprivation.... any diet you choose will show smaller losses initially - depending on how much you have to lose this could be a slow but progressive loss indefinitely....

it's hard to tell without your stats.

I'd do no more than 5 days attack and then get straight onto cruise....if anything cruise is healthier than a low calorie diet.... but again I'm not sure if that's what you were doing prior to.

I've done a lot of research into the effects, benefits and potential pitfalls of switching diets and also into low carb and low calorie....it was part of my uni course.

good luck with whatever you choose :)

post back soon :)

6. jaqys

jaqys Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    low carb
    Oops didnt realise could be low calorie. Low carb on the brain.

7. alottolose

alottolose Gold Member

Start Weight:
    82.1kg
    Goal Weight:
    66.7kg
    haven't we all? Jaqys :eek: :) x

8. megli

megli Member

Thanks, yes, I meant low calorie!! So I have been eating carbs. Just not much!

9. alottolose

alottolose Gold Member

Start Weight:
    82.1kg
    Goal Weight:
    66.7kg
    your body wont feel the shock of how low cal dukan is...but you should certainly start to burn fat and reduce glycogen stores as you decrease your carb intake also.... as I said just at a possibly slower rate x

10. megli

megli Member

Thanks all!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.