Attack switching after VLCD

megli

Dear everyone,

could I ask for some advice? I've done 3 careful attack days on Dukan and lost a pound. One measly pound! BUT the background is I had plateau'd for three weeks after four months on a VLCD during which I had lost 52lb, going from 17.9 to 14.0. As I say, after three days of hard attack I'm now 13.13, though I must say it's been nice to eat heartily. (I had a delicious omelette with smoked salmon and prawns for breakfast today, yum!) So, my questions: is my body not dropping weight particularly fast because it's been so deprived? My metabolism and biochemistry might be a bit different after 3 months of VCLD to that of someone who just begins with Dukan. How many more days do you think I should do on attack? I have 1.7 to lose. I'd be really grateful for any advice.

Best wishes,

Mark

As you've already been low carbing attack won't shock your body and you were lucky to lose not gain if you've had an increase of carbs.

Go on to cruise and enjoy some veggies.

Well done on the loss so far and goodluck!

go to the dukan site and it will tell you how many days to do attack for.

very low calorie or very low carb?.... doesn't really matter either way to be honest it's just swings and roundabouts in different directions....

your metabolism as others have mentioned will already be in a state of dieting deprivation.... any diet you choose will show smaller losses initially - depending on how much you have to lose this could be a slow but progressive loss indefinitely....

it's hard to tell without your stats.

I'd do no more than 5 days attack and then get straight onto cruise....if anything cruise is healthier than a low calorie diet.... but again I'm not sure if that's what you were doing prior to.

I've done a lot of research into the effects, benefits and potential pitfalls of switching diets and also into low carb and low calorie....it was part of my uni course.

good luck with whatever you choose :)

post back soon :)

your body wont feel the shock of how low cal dukan is...but you should certainly start to burn fat and reduce glycogen stores as you decrease your carb intake also.... as I said just at a possibly slower rate x

Back