switching back (again)

So, the cost of the cambridge diet is catching up on me again, and also the weekly weigh ins get me down if I haven't lost much, so I'm going to be 100% on slim and save and weight in at the end of every month. I've spoke to a slim and save advisor today about exercise but I still didn't really get the answers I wanted, I've tried the 30 day shred before but I really want to go running, before the diet I exercised a lot and quite intensely too so i'd be used to it, i'm just worried about losses slowing and also if i'll build muscle because I have of it already, it's the other stuff I need to get rid of!

So, whats everyone's view about running, and also building muscle on a vlcd..

As long as you aren't doing stupid amounts of running you should be fine doing it after the first week or so. As for building muscle, your unlikely to build any muscle on a VLCD.

Not experienced it myself as I'm in a cast with a ruptured achilles ( from the gym) so I'm not allowed to exercise but someone on the fb page has said that their weight loss is better now they aren't doing as much exercise

no I was only going to do around 45 minutes to an hour of moderate running which is less than what im used to, i guess im just trying to break this plateau im experiencing, any other tips?

Im a fan of exercise, but Ive read a few things that might just be true; one thing was that intense exercise where you heart rate goes into the cardio zone (like it says on the machines at the gym) can be dangerous as whilst in ketosis the body cant get the energy quick enough from fat, so it looks to muscles and this could include heart muscles! which obviously we dont want.

Just something to consider, when I exercise I monitor my heart rate and keep it below about 130bpm I also listen carefully to myself and regardless of what I might normally do, I take care as I cant do nearly as much with no sugar in my blood!

I also did weight training for 2 months and still lost weight, I lost less than a stone a month at that point so might have been that but after coming off the VLCD that time I didnt gain anything!

Back