Switzerland

Hi,
I looked at the online, but wasnt overly sure if it was good value or not. I used to really enjoy class (maybe due to the consultant) & didnt mind paying for that, but couldnt really identify what was worth the money for the online? I did just buy a copy of the Jan/Feb mag from ebay (at very nearly face value!)

I started looking harder at 2 of the yogurts I was eating today & realised that although they might be fat free, they're not sugar free! Argh! So difficult to find a reasonable selection of the 'right' free foods, particularly when you dont speak the language!!

Do you speak any German? How long have you lived here?

The weight watchers yogs available in coop are free if that helps x

Hi, been here nearly 3 years, but can barely speak a word of German & certainly no Basel dialect Suisse-Deutsch. How about you?

Yes, I've been eating the WW yogurts, but found some really nice yogurts in Germany which were fat free & taste lovely. However not sugar free... Should have known they were too good to be true! So, today, I've used all my sins on yogurt :-(

I didn't speak a word when I got here 2.5 years ago but have had some lessons and now can get by... In basic situations - I am still not very good but can make myself understood. I have just signed up for my next course which is intensive - two 1.5 hour lessons a week. I need to speak it better as my kids are at the local school - they speak Swiss-German now quite fluently and are only 5 and 6!

If you need me to check any syns for you then let me know. I am going to ask SW to calculate a hexb count for davida crackers and a couple of other things, will keep you posted.

Hi, you've done well to learn in that time! And dont you envy childrens ability to pick up new languages. Good luck with the intensive lessons!

Thanks for the offer to check syn values. I will ask you to value one of the yogurts I've been happily thinking are free....
So, values per 100 are: Energie 94 kcal / Sugar 18g / Fat 0.1g.

Now I'm sinning this as 5 sins :-(( Bad news!

Hi, you've done well to learn in that time! And dont you envy childrens ability to pick up new languages. Good luck with the intensive lessons!

Thanks for the offer to check syn values. I will ask you to value one of the yogurts I've been happily thinking are free....
So, values per 100 are: Energie 94 kcal / Sugar 18g / Fat 0.1g.

Now I'm sinning this as 5 sins :-(( Bad news!

I don't think it will be 5 syns at all! But I need carbs/fat/protein and package size x

2 Syns per package/portion on Extra Easy
2 Syns per package/portion on Green
2 Syns per package/portion on Original

So better than you thought :)

You're welcome! I am a member on SW online and there is a syns calculator on there. To be honest, I don't think I'd be able to do SW here without it as can check everything.

Thanks x. I have been doing red days and the odd extra easy and using 6 syns for another healthy extra. Feel free to check out my diary.

I also use the online food diary to make sure I don't miss anything as I have never been to a SW class.

:D

Oh a couple of other things!

Philadelphia Balance is the same as Philadelphia Extra Light :D

They are selling lovely roast veggies in coop 'Wintergemüse mit Zwiebeln'. All ingredients are free :)

Last edited:
Ooh sounds nice - I will have to go & get some, thanks for the tip.

So, have to adjust my ticker today - gained 1.5 ibs :-( I kind of expected it as I had a stupidly good weight loss last week, which I didnt entirely believe, and also had friends over on Saturday night & drank way too much.... I've been pretty good since then though, so should revert next week.

Youre doing well if you've never been to a class. i used to really enjoy the classes actually, so for me its a shame there are none available over here. I quite miss they way that the class (for me at least) helped me keep on track. I'm fairly self-disciplined when I want to be, but it gave some additional focus. Should get my ebay-bought copy of the magazine today, so that'll have to do instead!

I would love to go to a class! At least the website is good and there is loads of advice/support available here.

The veg I told you about yesterday was so delicious - see my diary (link below) for a pic! Definitely getting those again.

Shame about your gain but glad to see it hasn't thrown you off track. Booze is the biggest diet wrecker IMO. So much better since I gave it up for the month but am not prepared to give it up COMPLETELY!

Have a nice day x

I have been at the kindergarten all morning and am going to help make the kids fasnacht costumes on Tuesday. They are going to frogs! I will take some pics. Do you have kids?

Great thing about the quiche is it makes four meals (and you can freeze it). Sounds like you had a nice delivery from the uk. My next haul will come with my parents in two weeks time! X

Back