Switzerland

Hi Gien, welcome!

I have moved to the dark side (low carb!) but am still a member of sw online so can look stuff up for you.

Jx

well, the last few days have been disasterous - I've been ill, the kids have been ill, I've not been on plan at all as I've felt so rubbish I've just eaten anything and everything!

But now we all seemed to have turned a corner and the sun is shining so that's a big pick me up

Hi, isn't this weather beautiful? :cool: It's all I can do not to sit outside with a glass of wine & enjoy it - but I used most of my syn allowance for the week already, so. No wine for me.

Went to Fumfshilling in Lorrach (Germany) on Saturday hoping to find some new season asparagus, but i think I'm still too early this year yet. Looking forward to it though, must be super free surely?

Hi Ladies!

This post is from a while ago but thought to give it a try.

I too live in Switzerland, looking to start SW on Monday.

I will be doing extra easy with 2hea and 2heb as I am exclusively breastfeeding.

My wish would be ideally to lose around 4 and half stone in 2years... In prep of being a healthy weight for my next pregnancy.

Any advice on Swiss products that are free or just general tips and support would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Hi everyone,

I live in the UK but have to travel to Zurich at least one week every month for work. I would also be interested in any tips/food suggestions you might be able to share!

More often than not, I have to stay in a hotel so preparing food isn't really an option. Are there any low-syn lunch ideas (around Bahnhofstrasse) or evening food-delivery options (around Turbinenstrasse, 8005) you might suggest?

For lunch, I often end up throwing together a salad from the ready made ones at the Coop, adding in chickpeas, etc, and using Balsamic vinegar instead of the salad dressing, or a Vegetable Pho from the Vietnamese place, Miss Saigon. I've also discovered the cottage cheese, WW yoghurts, and ryvita equivalents in the Coop. I can generally get through breakfast and lunch.

For dinner, however, I usually opt for a Spaghetti Napoli for the least damage but I don't think I can quite stomach it anymore..!

One thing I am glad of is that I manage to avoid chocolates, and sugar generally, whilst in Zurich.

Any ideas, especially for dinner, would be massively appreciated!

I dont live in Zurich so not do have ideas restaurant or take away wise

For dinner I can suggest popping into a Coop for their ready made chicken with bagged salad, If have access to a kettle there is couscous which take 4mins.

Or theres a few WW ready meals(if you have access to a microwave), WW tinned fish.

Cold meats is also another option, Boiled eggs ready to buy in Coop they are by the eggs and normally in coloured shells.

All the ideas are for you to kinda DIY in your hotel room so dont know how useful I have really been.

Well done on not caving to the chocolate.

Didnt mean to post that on here
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1426854268.976152.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Last edited:
Hi all, giving this forum a go. I notice nobody's posted on here for a while, is there anyone about? I'm in canton Schwyz. Thanks

Hi, I moved my diary as if you searched for slimming world and Switzerland up I popped! Don't like that at all! So it is protected so that only members with 500 posts can access it. So get posting:D and we'll keep in touch here in the meantime. Have sent you an email through the site with the recipe and with my email addy x

Hi shrinki,
Are you still doing SW? I'm in Pfaffikon, Schwyz and was looking for a buddy for SW, EE plan. I lost 4 stone whilst in the Uk but it's all gone to pot recently since being here and struggling a little to find my feet and and track down low fat savoury items. But I will get there - PMA and all that! xx

Back