swollen ankles

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by kelly, 24 July 2008 Social URL.

1. kelly

kelly Full Member

My ankles and feet are quite swollen and puffy, they don't hurt.

If it is water retention what can I do?
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. kellymundy

kellymundy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    Might seem strange but if it's water retention the best solution is to drink more water hun!:)
  4. Debz

Debz Cambridge Counsellor

If it is water retention, which is likely if you're in warm parts of the planet at the moment, then make sure you are drinking enough water and maybe when you can sit with your feet up for a while.

There's a lovely thought!
  5. kelly

kelly Full Member

Ok, so feet up drinking.

I can do that:D

Thanks everyone.
  6. Bunnyg

Bunnyg Determined

Hi Kelly - I agree with the above. One brilliant thing I have noticed in my first week of CD is that my feet haven't been swelling and I swear it's because I am now on 4 litres of water a day - whereas before, I'd be surprised if I was drinking a litre!! Sip sip sip xx
  7. airgirl

airgirl Gold Member

I suffer with this alot, think the fact i fly a lot contributes but i'm always on the go onboard and glug sooo much water, i always lay back to front on my bed when i get to my room with my feet higher than my body to get the blood flowing again properly.
    It happens a lot to people who are on their feet all day despite water consumption so maybe that could be it.
    But elevate the legs higher than the heart.x
  8. Minz

Minz Maintainer

I always get swollen ankes - especially if I fly, so I'm sure putting your feet up for a well deserved break will sort them out. x
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.