Syn free BBQ chicken kebabs & bbq dipp (with pics)

furrystomper

BATMAN & ROBIN FOREVER
Hi everyone well i had the most amazing tea this evening so i thought id come and share with you all :)

INGREDENTS FOR KEBABS
button or baby mushrooms
1 pepper
1 courget
2 small red onions
and just one chicken breast.

First of all i made my kebabs useing peppers, mushrooms, courgets, red onion and chicken then just alternated them on the skewers.

INGREDENTS FOR BBQ SAUCE AND BBQ MARANADE
1 onion roughly chopped
1tsp mild chilli powder
227ml/8fl oz passata
3tbsp sweetner
4tbsp balsamic vinegar
1tbsp wocestershire sauce
1/2tsp mustard powder
1clove garlic

Spray pan with fry light and add onions and chilli powder and cook over a low/med heat till onions have softened.
Then add all other ingredents and bring to boil, then simmer for about 5/8 mins till sauce had thickened.
then i blended it till was smooth'ish.
put some of the sauce to one side for the dipping sauce and the rest i brushed over the kebabs then placed kebabs under a hot grill and every time you turn them to brush more BBQ sauce on. thats it!!! enjoy cos i know i did lol :D

2956_77952930666_528245666_2140440_1535004_n.jpg

Oooo these look great! Good for the BBQ season, if it comes round haha x

Mmmm they look fab! Might give them a go next week :) Thanks x

Brill, thanks! Will give it a go!

Can anyone tell me where you can buy mustard powder pls? I've looked in the herb & spice section in 3 or 4 supermarkets and they only have mustard seeds/grains, not the powder. Ta!

I'm not sure if this will help but I think the mustard powder we've got is like in a big yellow tin. Colemans?

They look delicious! Can't believe they are syn free! Defiantly give them a go next week, Thanks! xo

If id have had hex left hun id have had them to with the sauce over them, mmmmmmm im getting hungry now lol

HI

Is the bbq dip syn free on a both original and green days please?

i only do these days i don't do the extra easy days

thank you x

Yes its syn free on both days, il be having the sauce again this week on a green day :)

I have just made the BBQ sauce as directed and have added a teaspoon of fresh grated ginger, as I usually do with my hawaiian luau sauce! And this tastes better than the original (which is really sugary and not syn free!!) I didnt have any passata in so used tinned toms and reduced it down then blitzed it - it makes a perfect basting sauce aswell as a dip.

Really pleased! Thanks FS for posting :)

I had chicken kebabs for lunch after looking on here for inspiration however due to having no passata, I used a mixture of a tsp of balti curry paste and 2 tbsp of fat free yogurt. It was gorgeous, and the chicken stayed really moist! :D

These were really yummy, I made a 4 times the quantity of sauce and froze some for next time, thanks Furry, for a fab recipe!

Back