SYN FREE BBQ SAUCE

I've just made this, only I substituted hot chilli powder for the mild, 2 tbsps of the balsamic vinegar for 2 tbsps red wine vinegar, and added 1/2 tsp garlic powder and 1/4 tsp of dried oregano.

I really like it. As BBQ sauces go, this is a really nice vinegar-based one. Next time I might add more passata for more tomato flavour.

I'm having this with SW quiche, and butternut squash wedges for my tea. I can't wait! :D

hollys nan said:
Oh well so long as you found it OK, it is nice isnt it?

It's lovely and my fussy 15 year old son loved it as well my Fiance loves me being on plan as he gets to eat my experiments lol xxx

I dont put chilli powder in, I use the dried crushed chillies in a jar by shwartz I think! Hubby said"by the heck, thats hot". I just smiled as he downed a pint of water! Such a whimp! He said he really enjoyed it, it was lovely, could eat the lot again tbh! I did put in a couple of tbsp of artificial sweetener this time just to see if it is different from the last time I made it without. Couldnt tell any difference really, so lush!

aahhh this is the best recipe, makes a great dipping sauce just takes me so long to prepare aswell with evrything else but sooooo worth it :) xx

Yes it really is nice isnt it. Just looked in my cupboard to check I had all the ingredients (yes bit late on a sunday) and thought I had run out of balsamic vingegar, phew, found another bottle! Yipeeeeeeeee

I made double the recipe bbq sauce Friday night.
Griddled a chicken breast,topped it with a griddled bacon steak,topped with slice HE cheese and poured the bbq sauce ontop - put in oven for about 10 mins - all I can say is WOW.....even nicer than Harvester chicken & bacon stack mmmmmm.
Also mjarinated chick drumsticks and a rack of ribs for my Bday Bbq yesterday and all went down a treat :) x

Anybody tried this as a salad dressing?
I hate "dry" salad and as the onions are cooked will blend this and give it a try when I am at home. Don't eat meat (or quorn) so can't try the recipes but it does seem tasty.
Thanks for the recipe

I absolutely love this sauce, as not only is it so delicious, its so versatile........last night I made the sauce as usual but added in some mushrooms, red peppers & carrots & then poured over some chicken legs & baked in the oven for 2 hours & then served on a bed of savoy cabbage & sugarsnap peas......have same again tonight as made double bumpers!

Yummy!

Back