Syn Free Gravy!!

I do it with a pile of finely chopped mushrooms, an onion frylighted until soft, then a couple of stock cubes and some water then blend with stick blender. Makes it free on red days too ;) Also then counts towards you EE 1/3 SF ;)

Any ideas for a gluten free syn free gravy? Oxo cubes have gluten in them and my Mum is struggling without the gravy.

I believe it's 3 syns on Red.

Well that depedns how much you're using! :

Mr Mash, Instant Mashed Potato, 99% Real Potato, made up with water, 120g sachet 24½

Mmmmmm gravy on toast :D

Is it still free if you are using the instant mash as a flour substitute? :confused:

Hi, I'm new to this so don't really understand it yet but i'll give it my best shot! I tried this gravy on Sunday but i also fried some onions then added the 2 oxo cubes with 300mls of boiling water, the just mixed in smash to thicken it up! Bring it to the boil and let it simmer for 5/10mins :) My advice would be not to try it until its simmered as its not the nicest then! Lush afterwards though! Hope this helps :)
Beckee xx

deleted as read further same comment lol

Hi there, i'm new to this forum and this is my first post so forgive me if this recipe has already been posted in this thread.
I've been using a different recipe for my syn free gravy and it works so well. And its only two ingredients.

1 tblspn Bovril
1 tin Mushy Peas
Water, to achieve desired thickness.
Blend, Heat & Serve.

I know most people make it with Smash but I found that the smash seperated from the bovril and i would end up with smash on my meat and runny bovril water on my plate. The mushy peas make it a lush thick gravy, and the bovril takes away the most of the taste of the peas.
This gravy was my saviour last time i did SW.
Hope you like it.

Hi there, i'm new to this forum and this is my first post so forgive me if this recipe has already been posted in this thread.
I've been using a different recipe for my syn free gravy and it works so well. And its only two ingredients.

1 tblspn Bovril
1 tin Mushy Peas
Water, to achieve desired thickness.
Blend, Heat & Serve.

I know most people make it with Smash but I found that the smash seperated from the bovril and i would end up with smash on my meat and runny bovril water on my plate. The mushy peas make it a lush thick gravy, and the bovril takes away the most of the taste of the peas.
This gravy was my saviour last time i did SW.
Hope you like it.

This is basically pea soup , but its really nice .
Not used to having green gravy , but if you shut your eyes its not that far off !
And it tastes better than some granules iv tasted .
Thanks !!!

Hi
I made the above with chicken stock , basically pea soup but really lush and also filling when used as a gravy !
Cheers

this sounds amazing! Im a massive gravy fan but so used to mr bisto. be interesting to see how this goes lol

This may be a silly question but if I made this gravy and added some mince, how would it heat the next day? Has anyone tried reheating it?

Thanks Hun :)

Back