Snacks Syn free hummus (ee or green day)

Mandlegrot said:
Yum, just made this! will be munching guilt free with crudites for my superfree...only problem is i have a crap food processor so had to add quite a bit of water for it to blend at all, came out chunky which is cool with me but i think i'll be investing in a proper food processor when i have some money!

Try swapping chick peas for red kidney beans and add dome chilli for a Mexican version

Actually can't wait to try this out :) I've just started on Slimming World and am looking for quick and easy recipes given my utter dislike of actual cooking. I'll try this and combine it with an awesome falafal recipe I found on the Slimming World website.

Could you share the falafel recipe? I love it!!

[h=3]ingredients[/h]
  • 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
  • 1 carrot, peeled and coarsely grated
  • 2x 400g cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
  • 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
  • 2cm piece root ginger, peeled and finely grated
  • 2 tsp ground cumin
  • 1 tsp chilli powder
  • 1 tsp ground coriander
  • 3 tbsp very finely chopped fresh coriander
  • 1 small egg
  • Salt
  • Low calorie cooking spray
  • Paprika and fat-free natural yogurt, to serve

[h=3]method[/h]
  1. Place the onion, carrot, chickpeas, garlic, ginger, cumin, chilli powder and the ground and fresh coriander in a food processor. Pulse and process for 1-2 minutes until blended but still fairly chunky in texture.
  2. Transfer the mixture into a mixing bowl. Lightly beat the egg and add to the mixture. Season with salt and, using your fingers, mix thoroughly to combine. Cover and chill in the fridge for 6-8 hours to firm up and allow the flavours to develop.
  3. Preheat the oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Line a large baking sheet with baking parchment and spray lightly with low calorie cooking spray. Shape the chickpea mixture into 24 bite-sized balls and place on the prepared baking sheet. Spray lightly with low calorie cooking spray and cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes until lightly golden and firm. Serve warm, sprinkled with paprika and the yogurt alongside to dip into.

Literally copied and pasted this right from the website :)

This looks amazing and I am definitely going to make it. How long does it last in the fridge?

INGREDIENTS

1 tin chick peas , drain liquid into a cup as you will need some
1 lemon, squeezed
1 Large Clove Garlic
Salt
Smoked Paprika
Garlic Powder
Frylight

METHOD

Put chickpeas in a food processor with the garlic and a little of the chickpea liquid and whizz on high power until smooth. Add more liquid if too thick. Keep scraping the sides of the bowl down and re-whizz where needed

Add the juice of 1 lemon, a shake of smoked paprika, salt and a shake of garlic powder.

Whizz again

Taste and season as you prefer using additional salt, paprika or garlic powder

It really is down to taste.

Then add a few sprays of Frylight and whizz again.

Refrigerate - it tastes better- also I found it was even better the next day ;)
Yum

Serve with sliced red,orange and yellow peppers, cucumber and carrot batons

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins
NEED TO TRY THIS

I've just made this recipe (thanks for posting) and i added a little fat free fromage frais to give it a creamy texture and added chilli flakes and extra garlic, must say (as i'm sat munching it with carrot sticks) its good. not quite as nice as shop bought but shop bought ones wont make me thin so I'll have to practice more to get a better taste/texture balance but at least its syn free and you can eat it until it comes out your ears. :0

Can't wait to try this out! I'm really excited because I'm a big snicker and I absolutely love hummus. I'm gonna try it with lots of different things like chilli and jalapeños or caramelised onion.

I'll post a pic when I do it x

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1389373809.273572.jpg

Ok this is delicious! Needed quite a bit of lemon juice and I've added chilli flakes as I do to everything but thanks so much for this xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back