Syn Free Ice Cream

Loopeylou said:
Syn Free Ice Cream
Used a receipe from here but thought I'd post again with a picture as its hot and definately worth a go....was delicious :D

3 Eggs Separated
6-8 level Tbsp Splenda
A few drops of Vanilla Extract
350g Virtually Fat Free Fromage Frais

Whisk whites till stiff then fold in splenda with a metal spoon.
Beat yolks and add vanilla, add to egg white and then fold in fromage frais.
Pour into a ice cream churn until mr whippy set or you can place in a freezer remembering to stir so the ice crystals don't set.

Hope you enjoy
x

I have just made this ice cream today ( without an ice cream maker or churner) and I love it!
It took just 4 hours in the freezer to get to normal ice cream texture although if you want soft mr whippy texture you won't have to wait as long.

I stirred it every half an hour and after a tip i read from another thread I decided to add 2 small sachets of white chocolate options (2 syns each 11g sachet) I just dissolved them in a few teaspoons of milk to make a paste. Big improvement on taste!

It is set just like normal ice cream and just as thick and creamy
All ready for my homemade eaton mess for my family: ice cream, strawberries and mini meringues all piled high in a glass can't wait!

Next time I will try a different flavour of options maybe mint choc mmmmm!

Hi there, new to this site and just want to say thanks for the lovely ice cream recipe. Made it today and is delicious and the bonus is that it is syn free.

I have just made this ice cream today ( without an ice cream maker or churner) and I love it!
It took just 4 hours in the freezer to get to normal ice cream texture although if you want soft mr whippy texture you won't have to wait as long.

I stirred it every half an hour and after a tip i read from another thread I decided to add 2 small sachets of white chocolate options (2 syns each 11g sachet) I just dissolved them in a few teaspoons of milk to make a paste. Big improvement on taste!

It is set just like normal ice cream and just as thick and creamy
All ready for my homemade eaton mess for my family: ice cream, strawberries and mini meringues all piled high in a glass can't wait!

Next time I will try a different flavour of options maybe mint choc mmmmm!

Argh this sounds amazing! Eton mess is about my favourite food ever so this makes me happy! Thanks for giving details on how to make without a maker- will def be trying this soon! :) x

Hello Everyone-
I've just made the ice cream but I have used fat free Greek yoghurt- It has worked but it is quite crystallized and I can taste the yoghurt in it rather than it tasting like ice cream...
Is this because I didn't use natural fromage frais? I wasn't aware there was much of a difference but maybe there is seeing as I am not getting a creamy ice cream taste from it..
shows how much i know about dairy!!!
x

Wow that looks so good :D

I bought my ice cream maker from Ebay and had the same problem with it sticking. It's been put away, but I might try again, as these ideas are lush.

Hi,
I joined yesterday so I am very new at this. However I was just sitting here wondering how I am going to manage without ice cream I am just on my way to the supermarkets to get all my food for the week and I am so going to try and make this :)

Mine was full of ice crystals despite all the stirring every half hour, any ideas where I might be going wrong?

It did taste lovely though despite the crystals

I might have to give this a go, though I'm not sold on the splenda part. I find splenda far too chemical tasting!

Now to convince my husband we need an Ice Cream machine..

ohhh what a find, thanks, I might have to invest in an ice cream maker - I never use splenda though as don't do aspartame, instead I use stevia

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has tried those Chill Factor kids ice-cream makers that are out at the moment? It kinda looks like a giant cone. You pop it in the freezer for a while, then just add the mixture and keep squeezing the bottom of it for a few minutes until it hardens (I think that's what you do anyway).

Just thinking that if this worked it would be handy if making smaller portions of ice-cream (such as a Muller Light or something like that).

TIA

Back